GDT: 10/4/11 Sabres at Adler 1:30PM

spndnchz

I wish there was some way to recreate her cries of "why" post-knee clubbing here in messageboard form.

Ah, such sweet sounds. Figure skaters are annoying, and their parents (in general) are officious jerks - they are just like the parents of those child beauty pageant contestants.

My kids take skating lessons about half the year, schedules permitting. The person that runs the local figure skating club is actually an excellent technical skater and instructor with a hockey background, and I use her to fine tunes some things that aren't worked on in the hockey practice setting - so the instructor basically has a separate group for my kids in the midst of her figure skaters. They get 20 minutes of her direct attention, and spend the remaining 40 minutes working on things from their lesson, bombing around the ice, and buzzing the figure skaters. The stares and hatred they generate from the figure skating parents are priceless.

It probably doesn't help that my kids are better skaters than anyone in this figure skating club.

Luker?

hockey nicknames continue to confuse me.

Take the first syllable of the first or last name, whichever lends itself to shortening, and add an "er" or a "y" or an "sie" to the end of it. If that still doesn't sound right, add a "man" to the end of it. If it STILL doesn't sound right, take the first letter of their last name, and add a "man" or a "dog" to it. One of the above methods should generate an acceptable hockey nickname.

Archived