GDT: 10/4/11 Sabres at Adler 1:30PM

spndnchz

Hello from Mannheim,

it took some days until the administrator validated my account.

I try to do my very best in writing English, but I hope you haven't problems in understanding :D

Tuesday evening was a nice evening! The whole supporting programme was nice. Really bad that Jochen Hecht couldn't play (get well soon!), but nice, that he was on the ice to warm up, and without helmet! Nice!

Emotional the honour of René Corbet after the 2nd third!

Now to the game:

The game was the 4th game in 6 days for our team. We saw, that they were exhausted. They tried to hold against Buffalo, the first 10 minutes, they did it well! Nobody ever thougt that we will win this game, Buffalo is a very good team! They play nice hockey! Someone behind me said "they look in one direction, an the play the puck beehind their back without looking at it".

But I think, we play in Germany, the opponents in Germany aren't so good, so it's enough how we play.

So, now to the atmosphere during the game:

We had some other games, where the atmosphere was a bit better, bur on Tuesday it was also nice!

Buffalo's fans were very sympathic, my respect, to take the long trip from America to Germany, then to Sweden and then again to Germany.

Highlight was "Let's go Buffalo" at the end and the "Mexican wave" (I hope, you call it so) with the Adlers, the Sabres an the Sabres' Fans. Nice!

Regards from Mannheim, Germany

Daniel

Thanks for posting and finding us, Daniel. The Lets Go Buffalo chant by the supporters end was def the highlight for me, i watched the feed online via EuroSport, and that was very classy. Glad the Sabres made the trip over. Maybe Adler will come visit Buffalo one of these years? lol

Hello!

And also another Fan from Mannheim found his way to your Forum. It also took a few days for registration!

Daniel said everything about the Game.

I just want to say something about Rene Corbet (Some guys were asking a few pages before) and about European Icehockey and in special german Icehockey.

Rene Corbet was playing for the Adler from 2001 till 2009. He was our Captain since the Saison 06/07 and leaded the guys to the Championship in 2007.

On the Ice he was a Worker and Fighter pushing the whole Team forward.

During the Lockout Season 04/05 he, Jochen Hecht and Devin Edgerton were the top Scoring Formation.

Here are some stats:

314 Games for Adler Mannheim

with

130 Goals, 115 Assists

and

622 PM

So you see, he was not only a good scorer, he was also one of the Bad Guys and is the Second most penalized Player in our club history since 1994!

Just look at the Video....

Thats what we`ve done for him! His Number 20 was retired.

The Banner sais "Thank you Rene Corbet"

Hope you like it!

Now Something about German Icehockey:

Some of you laughed about the Ads on our Jerseys and in the Arena.

In Europe and Germany Icehockey is not as popular as in the states or canada. The Clubs need every Money they get.

Every year we have new jerseys with new Ads on it.

Don´t forget our Salary. Our Team has 7,3 million Euros per year for the players. With the current exchange rate that are about 10 Million$

And we are one of the top teams in our league!

On the other hand this "power break" is annoying for german fans. We don´t know that. For us it´s an annoying break which destroys the direct flow of the game. I hope you understand what i mean!

Maybe Adler will come visit Buffalo one of these years? lol

Hehe, there are already some plans to visit Buffalo :D

Because of the European Trophy we had a trip by plane to Helsinki with a bunch of fans, so why not flying to the states ;)

Cheers

waYne

Hallo schön dass du hier bist.

It really was a great game on Tuesday in Mannheim, i was there too. I was a real big Adler fan end of the nineties when Jochen Hecht played there and they won two titles in Friedrichspark.

I like them still a lot, but i am not so often in the arena anymore.

The atmosphere in the fan block was great back in the nineties, and it seems to be still great.

And thanks for clarification of the ice size in Berlin, i didn' t know that

I hope Jochen will end his career in Mannheim.

So do I!

Luker?

hockey nicknames continue to confuse me.

What's the confusion? You either add "er" or "sie" to the end of someone's name. Must be that BC education at work again. ;)
Take the first syllable of the first or last name, whichever lends itself to shortening, and add an "er" or a "y" or an "sie" to the end of it. If that still doesn't sound right, add a "man" to the end of it. If it STILL doesn't sound right, take the first letter of their last name, and add a "man" or a "dog" to it. One of the above methods should generate an acceptable ockey nickname.

and now #26 says "lukey."

Lukey Link.

Would you like to ask Crosschecking to be our Best Man or shall I?

Count me out. I prefer to keep my Straight Pride intact. Having said that, it would not surprise me if you guys played "F*** Anita Bryant" by David Allan Coe at your "reception".

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there!

A silly idea growed up to an Big Plan!

The Adler Mannheim organized a trip for about 50 Fans to Buffalo and Toronto.

We will visit the game Buffalo vs Bruins (8th February). I hope i get a ticket.

This could be a great experience!

Cheers

waYne

That is fantastic. Please keep in touch w/ the board as your trip nears.

Hey there!

A silly idea growed up to an Big Plan!

The Adler Mannheim organized a trip for about 50 Fans to Buffalo and Toronto.

We will visit the game Buffalo vs Bruins (8th February). I hope i get a ticket.

This could be a great experience!

Cheers

waYne

Hopefully Hecht can get back out there in time for that game.

Plan is as follows:

8th February:

- Arrival in Toronto

- Bus Trip to Buffalo

- Visit Bufallo vs. Boston

9th February:

Free Day in Buffalo (maybe Meet&Greet with Jochen Hecht)

10th February:

- Visit Buffalo vs. Dallas

11th February:

- Bus Trip back to Toronto

- 0300PM Visit Toronto Marlies vs. Hamilton Bulldogs

- (maybe Meet&Greet with Marcel Mueller and Korbinian Holzer)

- Visit Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens

12th February:

- Visit Hockey Hall of Fame

- Fly back to Frankfurt

I´ll keep in touch with your Board.

A Fanmeeting could be a nice idea on 9th February!

Cheers

waYne

Archived