Sabres to have BEST ICE in league.....

papazoid

Why would he care? Not his job to protect the brand.

(I ask for a Kleenex all the time and use "band-aids" no matter the manufacturer, so maybe I'm not the best judge.)

Because brands and branding are what he does. That's how sports make money, or at least keep from losing as much. Ever been to a NASCAR event?

My take - he knows. If it was an Olympia, he would say so.

Because brands and branding are what he does. That's how sports make money, or at least keep from losing as much. Ever been to a NASCAR event?

My take - he knows. If it was an Olympia, he would say so.

Proud to say I have never been to a NASCAR event, and I have yet to hear any hockey announcer--or team figurehead, for that matter--refer to the machine in question as "the ice resurfacer." (I have heard of "resurfacing the ice," but I also never heard "Zamboni" transformed into a verb.) Seriously, I think the ship sailed for Zamboni long ago as far as brand protection is concerned. F it, maybe I'm wrong; I'm just waiting for laundry to dry and posting at random.

Let's get back to it: I'm glad to hear the Sabs will have the best ice in the league. It's been pretty poor for too long. (And let's remember that the Knoxes didn't build the f'n center, and neither did the Rigases.) Good job that current ownership is going to turn Buffalo's surface into Edmonton's.

Random trivia because I'm not tired enough to go to bed: Rumor in my former curling league was that the term "hoser" came from kidding the losing team at a curling match, who was responsible for hosing down the rink at the end of a match.

That's fantastic, thanks!

Maybe I should forget about tours of the arena for the fans, and instead have Ted Black give opposing teams tours of the arena. :D

How nice will those visitors locker rooms be? Fireplace? Personal coffee barista? Magic finger massagers in every stall?

Something else Pegula could do is have the visiting team buses take a more scenic route in from the airport, maybe past Delaware Park and down Elmwood?

PTR

How nice will those visitors locker rooms be? Fireplace? Personal coffee barista? Magic finger messagers in every stall?

Something else Pegula could do is have the visiting team buses take a more scenic route in from the airport, maybe past Delaware Park and down Elmwood?

PTR

I was under the impression only our guys would have the fireplace. too afraid the visitors will burn the place down after they are losing.

How nice will those visitors locker rooms be? Fireplace? Personal coffee barista? Magic finger messagers in every stall?

PTR

Might I suggest a champagne bar, and hired help to relax the opposition into a slumber on gameday?

How nice will those visitors locker rooms be? Fireplace? Personal coffee barista? Magic finger massagers in every stall?

PTR

Fireplace is in the lounge, no visitors.

On WGR this morning, Ted Black has confirmed they are indeed Zambonis ... not Olympias ... here is the audio - http://podcast.wgr550.com/wgr2/3104101.mp3 - it's the first thing they talk about and Black references the "raging debate" on the subject ...

OUR raging debate?

If TB says they're Zambonis, I believe him.

OUR raging debate?

If TB says they're Zambonis, I believe him.

A "raging debate" that I started? I better click into full out respectful tone mode just in case he reads this next one too:

I think that Mr. Black should advise Mr. Pegula to made a $2 million donation to the shrader fund. It has been supplying tickets and Sabres gear to underprivileged shraders for 30 years.

What if the mechanism for achieving the best ice in the NHL involved a super secret fracking operation under the F'N C whereby they pump ultra cooled puppy blood beneath the ice surface to keep it so cold - would it still be a good thing?

As long as they didn't kill the puppies I'm okay with it. :thumbsup:

Are they Canadian puppies? They have hockey in their blood up there you know ...

CANADIAN puppies!?! I never thought of that! With how much colder it is up there, we can probably chill their blood even COLDER than the American puppies! Our ice will be so cold that Ruff will have to wear a parka and mukluks on the bench!

Archived