3 Burning Questions

X. Benedict

1. Who was the best, or your favorite, Sabre to wear #22?

Our Contestants (Adam Mair, Wayne Primeau, Charlie Huddy, Craig Simpson, Rick Vaive, Lindy Ruff, Jocelyn Guevremont, Peter McNab, Doug Rombough, Ray McKay, Rod Zaine, Don Marshall.)

2. Do you expect the Sabres to take more or less Major Penalties than last year (30 total)?

3. Watcha' cookin' this Labor Day weekend?

Our Contestants (Adam Mair, Wayne Primeau, Charlie Huddy, Craig Simpson, Rick Vaive, Lindy Ruff, Jocelyn Guevremont, Peter McNab, Doug Rombough, Ray McKay, Rod Zaine, Don Marshall.)

Mair, but that's mostly because it's fresh in my mind and I was pretty young when the rest played.

2. Do you expect the Sabres to take more or less Major Penalties than last year (30 total)?

More. The Sabres are going to be ahead so much this year opponents are going to pick fights to try to swing the momentum back in their favor. :)

Not much, I'm going to be on the bike camping most of the weekend and it's tough to bring serious cooking gear. Some Sahlens hot dogs are in the picture though.

The Best - Vaive; Favorite - Guevremont (still one of the coolest names ever).

Less. But at any rate, I'd expect them to be w/in 5 of last year's total.

Probably grilling up Spiedies & CotC.

Pass.

I'll go with a Michael Wilbon on this one and say "push".

Recovering from a hangover, I'll be lucky if I eat anything all day. Still, sounds like fun.

Rick Vaive. I was a big fan of his. I wanted someone dead when he was suckerpunched in the back of the head late in his stay here. (Can't remember who the offender was, Michele Petit comes to mind but I don't think it's correct)

Fewer major penalties. Cody McCormick was in the top 10 (#6 if I remember correctly) for fighting majors last year. I don't see that repeating. And Kassian won't be making his presence felt just yet.

Oh baby. This is going in the "who cooks butt" thread too. I gots 2 racks of beef ribs in the fridge for tomorrow. Beef back ribs to be specific, think bovine version of pork baby backs. 250F for 6-7 hrs with a tangy, tasty barbeque sauce to finish. Roasted beet salad and homemade mac-n-cheese as sides. Smoked bacon wrapped jalapenos and cilantro flatbreads as teasers before the main course. And whiskey and cigars on the patio as a nightcap. :w00t:

1) gotta go with Vaive and the horsecollar

2) Fewer. They'll be a tougher team to play against but smarter. Fewer PKs, Regehr takes few penalties. And I think Kaleta knows he is going to have to change his game to survive. Weber may end up with the most pending how much ice time he gets.

3) Yet another outdated Bills jersey--Poz or Evans this time, both of whom I thought would be locks to stick around for years... :doh:

I wanted to say Bob Sweeney (the weanie), but I think he was #20. Simpson was the last of these I can remember.

More. I expect a tougher team. I expect Weber to get involved more, possibly Foligno or Kassian in callups. Oh yeah, and Regehr! EDIT: Just checked, since 2001, Regehr's been good for 60 to 90 PIM per season. Not sure how many were majors, though. nhl.com

We don't get Labor Day off here, but tomorrow is the first VT football game. For the tailgate, I always begin early and ALWAYS start with a hamburger with pancakes for the bun, drowned in syrup and ketchup.

We're usually good as well for: hot dog, stuffed inside a brat, wrapped in two strips of bacon, on a bun. Fantastic. I once made "Cinco Carne Extremo", which is hotdog stuffed in brat wrapped in bacon inside a strip steak (like a hard taco) covered in turkey chili. It was a mess.

We're usually good as well for: hot dog, stuffed inside a brat, wrapped in two strips of bacon, on a bun. Fantastic. I once made "Cinco Carne Extremo", which is hotdog stuffed in brat wrapped in bacon inside a strip steak (like a hard taco) covered in turkey chili. It was a mess.

Howinthehell do you stuff a hotdog into a brat? Do you have to hollow the brat out first?

I was always a Mair fan.

I expect them to take more, but only slightly.

My grandfather is making steaks this weekend (Sunday night I think?), and I plan on spending a large portion of the weekend either drunk or hungover...I'm heading out to Buffalo to visit family and friends(from Hertal all the way up to Lewiston...lots of driving around).

Jocelyn Guevremont +142 in Blue/Gold is 4th best for Sabre D-men.

Always surprised he hasn't gotten more Sabre Hall consideration.

I think slightly less. Usually the first two games are good for about 2 or 3 offsetting majors. With the games in Europe...I have a hunch the gloves will stay on.

Beef on Weck one night,

Sahlen's and Bubba burgers the next.

1. Vaive was probably best, Ruff was my favorite, Jocelyn Guevremont had the best hockey name, honorable mention to McNab, Huddy, and Simpson for being good.

2. Too early to tell. Will Kaleta calm down? Will Kassian be a factor? etc.

3. Filet mignon on the char grill. I saw a grilled potato salad on the cooking channel that involved green beans and feta cheese. Gonna download the recipe and make that. Also some kind of green salad. Cherry cobbler, with vanilla ice cream for desert.

Tough one between Ruff and Vaive but even though Lindy played more games I think Vaive had the better mullet

More with the additon of the seasoned Dmen and another year of growing into his size for Tyler

Standard picnic fair, hot dogs, chicken, burgers

Rick Vaive. I was a big fan of his. I wanted someone dead when he was suckerpunched in the back of the head late in his stay here. (Can't remember who the offender was, Michele Petit comes to mind but I don't think it's correct)

Darrin Kimble. That's right. That's the summanabritch that sucker punched Vaive from behind. Didn't Vaive miss time with a head injury after that?

hate that guy.

Archived