An open letter to Mr. Ted Black/ MSG

SabresHD

And I don't understand the hatred for MSG for not dealing with Verizon subscribers on HD, either. I don't get NFL Network on Time Warner, and I'm a subscriber who does NOT want to pay for that channel, i.e., I'm very glad that TW has made a stand and NFL refuses to bend. There probably are a lot of Verizon folks who feel the same way about the Sabres; not everyone is a hockey fan. If MSG is so important to you in HD, switch to a carrier that has it. There are several alternatives; vote with your dollars.

This is a very different deal than not getting the NFL network on Time Warner. Verizon FIOS customers already get MSG, just not MSGHD. Here's a better analogy...what if FIOS bought HBO and only made the SD versions available to cable companies? Or NBC, CBS, or ABC? What if FIOS bought CBS and restricted Time Warner to showing the Bills games in SD?

I think that it's an important issue for the Sabres to have their fans in WNY be able to get the broadcasts in HD.

BTW, I recently "voted with my dollars" and switched to Time Warner from FIOS. I now get the Sabres in HD. However, I also get a crappier picture on all of the other channels, a crappier DVR, and a much slower internet speed.

The OP does have a valid argument... I will NOT pay TW another dime until they drastically update their infrastructure, their service is lousy, their technology is obsolete and dated. I would love to have FIOS, fiber is the way to go, come on people it's 2011 why are we still using copper for signal/data communication????

I'm a DTV subscriber until FIOS becomes available to me, Then I'll buy the NHL GameCenter package to watch my beloved sabres in crystal clear Streaming HD.

And Terry/Ted/NHL could/should put pressure on MSG... It'll grow the game that much more.

Yupp! I just switched from Dish just so I could GET the games. Having the games at all is nice for me.

i have to get Centre ice just to watch the games here, even though I can see the arena from work, and its only a 25 minute drive to get to the arena from my house if the bridge is clear. :censored:

The entire letter/OP is basically just whining because they can't watch the games in HD, they have to suffer watching them in Standard definition because of the cable provider they have?

The OP does have a valid argument... I will NOT pay TW another dime until they drastically update their infrastructure, their service is lousy, their technology is obsolete and dated. I would love to have FIOS, fiber is the way to go, come on people it's 2011 why are we still using copper for signal/data communication????

I'm a DTV subscriber until FIOS becomes available to me, Then I'll buy the NHL GameCenter package to watch my beloved sabres in crystal clear Streaming HD.

And Terry/Ted/NHL could/should put pressure on MSG... It'll grow the game that much more.

So you are saying that people are staying away from watching the games or being interested in the Sabres/hockey because they can't get the games in HD????

Dear Mr. Black,

My chair here at work is far too squeaky. I can't make even the most minor move without being distracted by this horrendous sound. Would you recommend oiling it or just stealing one from another office?

Dishonestly,

Peter

p.s. It's pretty comfortable, but I could do better.

<br />So looks like MSG is prohibiting HD feeds on directv this year.   Please Ted find a way out of the stupid contract and give us sabres fans in sabres nation HD feeds to all Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Suck it up and stop complaining! Or something...right? That seems to be the vibe for those of us who are getting shafted when it comes to the Sabres in HD.

There are more people than you might think who are really miffed about this switcheroo again. I know for DirecTV the MSG HD broadcasts have been turned on and off multiple times over the last few years, but was supposedly resolved last year. One would have assumed the contract called for HD carriage to continue this season, and the Center Ice online schedule assigned HD channels to upcoming Sabres games, so all looked good. Then they pull the rug out for the first game of the season today, after people have already committed to the non-refundable package. Bait and switch, anyone? Oh, and anyone suggesting to suck it up and watch SD, 1999 called....

Archived