An open letter to Mr. Ted Black/ MSG

SabresHD

Fundamental rights? When did I quote John Locke or Thomas Jefferson? I never cited the Constitution. Did you read and understand my open letter? The Sabres got in a TEN YEAR DEAL with Madison Square Garden, a NYC based company that is trying to pull the plug on Sabres fans. Dish fans already get nothing! I want the Sabres TO END THIS DEAL AND BROADCAST LOCALLY SO WE CAN ALL SEE THE SABRES ANY WAY WE WANT. We can all watch the Bills with cable, DBS, Fios or with an antenna on the roof. I ASKED MR. TED BLACK TO TRY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR SABRES FANS. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

As for your lecture on technology, we have fiber optic cable in 2011, but Time Warner is afraid that the fans will find out how good it is. They don't want to modernize. It will cost too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. That's why MSG's lawyers are trying to block the HD feed on fios. Paying the lawyers to steer you to Time Warner is cheaper than a MAJOR INVESTMENT in new technology.

When the slug logo was revealed in 2006, everyone in Buffalo flipped out. Every man in this town became a fashion expert on ###### EYE FOR THE HOCKEY GUY. This was an emergency!!!!!!!! MSG is not on Dish, is trying to pull the plug on Fios, and has no chance of an OTA broadcast for roof antennas. This is no big deal? About 1/3 of the homes are suffering, but who cares? As long as it's not a Constitutional Right, then the Sabres should not only stay in the deal for FIVE MORE YEARS, but they should extend it FOREVER. Are you bright enough to get that sarcasm?

How can I persuade fans that seem to want to take MSG's BS? This is masochism.

Your level of outrage is inconsistent with the problem you are complaining about.

Rather than joking about lawyers, you should go to law school - maybe you will learn a little something about contracts.

Am I bright enough? My brightness isn't the issue - the problem seems to be I'm not incensed enough to grasp your strained logic and viewpoint of what consumers are entitled to.

Perhaps if you weren't so shrill you would engender more support for your cause. As it is, you seem to be annoying a lot of people.

Excuse me while I go watch my hi def recording of last night's game on my perfectly capable Time Warner DVR.

I think you could go a long way towards ending the (logical, IMHO) questions about your credibility if you flatly stated that you do not work for and are not in any way affiliated with a media distributors. You've danced around that specific question, which leaves the impression that 11 is right.

Funny that this question goes unanswered, but instead another long winded post is added to the thread.

without having eaten anything today, yet immediately after reading your post, i burped. :blink:

Screw mountain time. I base your entire schedule on our eastern time zone. :angry:

And I had a wrap from the pizza place down the street with grilled chicked, barbeque sauce, bacon, pepper jack, lettuce, and tomato. Tasty.

Screw mountain time. I base your entire schedule on our eastern time zone. :angry:

And I had a wrap from the pizza place down the street with grilled chicked, barbeque sauce, bacon, pepper jack, lettuce, and tomato. Tasty.

actually, so do i. i base what time i come in to work on what time i need to leave so i can make it home for the opening face-off. i schedule phone calls with family and friends around what time they'll be up and/or putting their kids to bed.

but why the angry face? cuz i can't actually live back east to support the home town economy? because you hate utah? because secretly, you wish you had burped when you read weave's post? because we have better mountains than you do? because california beaches are a half-day drive? because ... hmm. crap. now i'm out of reasons.

actually, so do i. i base what time i come in to work on what time i need to leave so i can make it home for the opening face-off. i schedule phone calls with family and friends around what time they'll be up and/or putting their kids to bed.

but why the angry face? cuz i can't actually live back east to support the home town economy? because you hate utah? because secretly, you wish you had burped when you read weave's post? because we have better mountains than you do? because california beaches are a half-day drive? because ... hmm. crap. now i'm out of reasons.

:beer: :lol: :clapping: glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time of reading this

Funny that this question goes unanswered, but instead another long winded post is added to the thread.

We already know the answer anyway.

At this point, it's pretty much a lie.

I had a Ruben with chips...but stir fry sounds better now... ;)

I had a fairly elaborate lunch with a good amount of booze. The pain and disgust of last night's game is rapidly receding. Woo-hoo!

Actually, that was a typo. I meant to say "you should base your entire schedule on our eastern time". So the angry face was my way of emphatically stating that.

Actually, that was a typo. I meant to say "you should base your entire schedule on our eastern time". So the angry face was my way of emphatically stating that.

i kind of wondered that, but it was too good to pass up. :) no harm, no foul, right?

and for the record, again, i do base a lot of my schedule around EDT/EST, all y'all notwithstanding.

still not sure why the angry face would be more emphatic than the ;) or the :blink: , but i require assistance in understanding the reasoning, then the value is lost, as is the vast majority of this post. but that could be said about most anything i say anyway, so ... file in the "meh" cabinet and i guess we'll move on.

Excuse me while I go watch my hi def recording of last night's game on my perfectly capable Time Warner DVR.

How many times do you watch the same game? A regular season loss? I never would've answered you if I knew it was that bad. I'm so sorry.

For the rest of you, I don't work for Verizon. I don't work for Dish Network. I'm not being paid for this in any way. I swear! I've easily seen over 2000 Sabres games since 1980. I want to see many more in my home, with the best possible technology.

You guys are afraid to speak up about this as if the Sabres are going to move or something. Some of you are so paranoid.

i kind of wondered that, but it was too good to pass up. :) no harm, no foul, right?

and for the record, again, i do base a lot of my schedule around EDT/EST, all y'all notwithstanding.

still not sure why the angry face would be more emphatic than the ;) or the :blink: , but i require assistance in understanding the reasoning, then the value is lost, as is the vast majority of this post. but that could be said about most anything i say anyway, so ... file in the "meh" cabinet and i guess we'll move on.

I have no idea what to use the :blink: for. What is that thing? And the wink doesn't work because I was going for that pounding my fist on the desk "you will listen to every word I say" tone with that post. So basically, listen to me or you will pay the price.

And you should have only one response to this:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

How many times do you watch the same game? A regular season loss? I never would've answered you if I knew it was that bad. I'm so sorry.

For the rest of you, I don't work for Verizon. I don't work for Dish Network. I'm not being paid for this in any way. I swear! I've easily seen over 2000 Sabres games since 1980. I want to see many more in my home, with the best possible technology.

You guys are afraid to speak up about this as if the Sabres are going to move or something. Some of you are so paranoid.

Scores don't matter - I watch games over and over again for the pure enjoyment of Sabres hockey in glorious hi def. Don't you wish you could do the same? There is really no other way to watch a hockey game. Standard def is like watching hockey in the 70's on a snowy black and white Zenith console TV.

You are losing badly. You should stop now, but I fear you won't.

I have no idea what to use the :blink: for. What is that thing? And the wink doesn't work because I was going for that pounding my fist on the desk "you will listen to every word I say" tone with that post. So basically, listen to me or you will pay the price.

And you should have only one response to this:

:thumbsup:

Enough with the Clintonian responses. Again: do you work for ANY media distributor or other interested party, either as an employee or outside consultant/adviser? If we found out the whole story about you and any professional/economic interest you have in this issue, would we feel that you are BS'ing?

And no one is paranoid about the Sabres moving. We're all well aware of the current ownership situation (Hallelujah!). Your posts are just giving off the vibe of having an ulterior motive.

Enough with the Clintonian responses. Again: do you work for ANY media distributor or other interested party, either as an employee or outside consultant/adviser? If we found out the whole story about you and any professional/economic interest you have in this issue, would we feel that you are BS'ing?

And no one is paranoid about the Sabres moving. We're all well aware of the current ownership situation (Hallelujah!). Your posts are just giving off the vibe of having an ulterior motive.

One guy tells me I need to go to law school and you compare me to Clinton, who is a Yale lawyer. Weird.

First, how many ways can I say that no one is paying me for this? I'm not getting a penny for this. Nothing, zero, nadda.

Second, all you paranoids can do is question my motives rather than show how it would be bad for fans to be able to choose between cable, fiber optic, Dish, Direct or an antenna on the roof. Just like I can for the Bills. Explain why watching a Sabres game should be more difficult than watching a Bills game. If you can do that then I lose this argument.

One guy tells me I need to go to law school and you compare me to Clinton, who is a Yale lawyer. Weird.

First, how many ways can I say that no one is paying me for this? I'm not getting a penny for this. Nothing, zero, nadda.

Second, all you paranoids can do is question my motives rather than show how it would be bad for fans to be able to choose between cable, fiber optic, Dish, Direct or an antenna on the roof. Just like I can for the Bills. Explain why watching a Sabres game should be more difficult than watching a Bills game. If you can do that then I lose this argument.

You addressed a board of hundreds of sabres fans - who should clearly be receptive to your argument crusade - and managed to turn them against you. You are right - you shouldn't go to law school - you would make a horrible lawyer.

Are you done yet?

Not anymore. He was disbarred.

As for not getting paid for "this" -- to be clear -- while no one may be paying you for "this," i.e. posting on this board, is it true that if we were to learn about any professional or economic interest you may have in this issue, we would not feel misled?

In any case, of course no one is saying that "watching a Sabres game should be more difficult than watching a Bills game." Who on Earth would say that? What Korab, 11 and others are saying is that no one has a God-given right to an HD feed of a Sabres game from multiple distributors -- and no distributor has a God-given right to the HD feed from MSG. You may feel that MSG is engaging in sharp practices in its negotiations with Verizon, Dish, etc., and you might be right, but that is a fairly complex question that would require a pretty detailed explication of the facts, contracts, ownership structures of the various entities, income streams, etc.

If you know that information and would like to lay it out in a reasonable way (i.e. without name-calling for those who disagree with you), I'm sure that some people would be interested in discussing it.

Not anymore. He was disbarred.

As for not getting paid for "this" -- to be clear -- while no one may be paying you for "this," i.e. posting on this board, is it true that if we were to learn about any professional or economic interest you may have in this issue, we would not feel misled?

In any case, of course no one is saying that "watching a Sabres game should be more difficult than watching a Bills game." Who on Earth would say that? What Korab, 11 and others are saying is that no one has a God-given right to an HD feed of a Sabres game from multiple distributors -- and no distributor has a God-given right to the HD feed from MSG. You may feel that MSG is engaging in sharp practices in its negotiations with Verizon, Dish, etc., and you might be right, but that is a fairly complex question that would require a pretty detailed explication of the facts, contracts, ownership structures of the various entities, income streams, etc.

If you know that information and would like to lay it out in a reasonable way (i.e. without name-calling for those who disagree with you), I'm sure that some people would be interested in discussing it.

To be fair, for the amount of flack he's caught for pretty much every post he's written, he's been *extremely* gracious and NON-name-calling ... unlike some other semi-newbie posters who like to use nothing but sarcasm, tantrums and vitriol. *COUGH**Snowmobiler97**COUGH*. He may be just an over-enthusiastic HD fan, which I think to some degree all of us are--whether we have personal access or not. Is it wrong of him to WANT everyone to have the HD MSG feed? Of course not. I think that, more than anything else anyone has postulated, is his main reason for posting--not monetary gain or whatever. Think of him as an "Occupy Sabrespace" protester. He means well, but ... maybe a tad misguided?

To SabresHD, please accept my most sincere apologies for comparing you to the "occupy" group. No maliciousness intended. :)

Archived