The Official Beer Appreciation Thread

Weave

Alright, draft is quickly approaching. This is a major moment in Sabres history. Any of you having a special or appropriate beer while watching Eichel get drafted? Would like to hear fellow Sabres fans are sippin' or slammin' when it all goes down.

Bud Light!

Quick poll, what's the most you've ever paid for beer? Any volume.

$46 for a case of Three Floyds Dark Lord

Alright, draft is quickly approaching. This is a major moment in Sabres history. Any of you having a special or appropriate beer while watching Eichel get drafted? Would like to hear fellow Sabres fans are sippin' or slammin' when it all goes down.

I spent this entire season at a new place that had the NHL ticket.  After the fourth visit, they would see me coming through the parking lot and have a beer poured and waiting in my little corner seat.  They were going to remove it from the rotation but kept it because they new it would go based on my frequency.  I will be having a Bell's Two Hearted Ale when they Announce Jack's name.

Quick poll, what's the most you've ever paid for beer? Any volume.

$30 for a 750ml bottle.  I've paid more for a case of beer as 3putt says below, but I don't count that.  I mean, I've purchased a keg before too, so you know.. the pricing thing without volume can be misleading.

I spent this entire season at a new place that had the NHL ticket.  After the fourth visit, they would see me coming through the parking lot and have a beer poured and waiting in my little corner seat.  They were going to remove it from the rotation but kept it because they new it would go based on my frequency.  I will be having a Bell's Two Hearted Ale when they Announce Jack's name.

$46 for a case of 3Floyd's DL?  If you ever get that deal again let me know how many I can buy... :)  

Any Bell's is good. My friend had a couple kegs of Two Hearted Ale at her wedding. Heck yea.

This isn't the most expensive, but awesome: local place had Dogfish World-wide stout 10oz pour for $7 one day. That and one other beer kicked my ass.

I think the most expensive per ounce was that same WW Stout at $12 for a 12 oz bottle at Wegmans.

Bud Light. An American beer while watching an American prospect be drafted to an American head coach on an American team. 'Merica.

Bud Light. An American beer while watching an American prospect be drafted to an American head coach on an American team. 'Merica.

Except Bud is Belgian now.

Narragansett would probably be the correct choice. 

Maybe even...Sam Adams. Ugh. 

Totally forgot about InBev... C'mon you don't like Sam Adams? Is it the Boston thing or the actual beer itself?

I drank so much of it in college that I just tend to avoid it now out of principle  :P

You regularly drank a premium-priced domestic beer in college?

I'll tell ya. Kids these days.

#NattyLight4Ever

Natty? Isn't drinking supposed to be fun?

Ha In college it didn't matter what it was. Simply suck it up for the first two natty's and things were fine after that. But wow! Sam Adams as your college  beer?! To pricey for my friends and I back then. Of course the philosophy was different. Quantity > quality. Today it's quality > quantity. 

Edited by Thanes16

Ha In college it didn't matter what it was. Simply suck it up for the first two natty's and things were fine after that. But wow! Sam Adams as your college beer?! To pricey for my friends and I back then. Of course the philosophy was different. Quantity > quality. Today it's quality > quantity.

I'm not saying I didn't drink lower end beers. We were huge champions of Red Dog and Genny. But Natty? Why even bother?

I'm not saying I didn't drink lower end beers. We were huge champions of Red Dog and Genny. But Natty? Why even bother?

Ha Whatever was in the fridge is what we went after. Some nights it was Natty. Other nights it could've been Milwaukee's Best, Miller High Life, PBR, Bucsh Lite, etc... Depended on who bought the brew that night. Busch Lite wasn't that bad actually. 

Edited by Thanes16

I drank box wine in college on more than a couple occasions when it was all that was available / cheapest.  The depths I'd sink to for intoxicating beverages in those days knew no boundry.

Ha That's not uncommon in college.  

You regularly drank a premium-priced domestic beer in college?

I'll tell ya. Kids these days.

#NattyLight4Ever

Natty? Isn't drinking supposed to be fun?

Ha In college it didn't matter what it was. Simply suck it up for the first two natty's and things were fine after that. But wow! Sam Adams as your college  beer?! To pricey for my friends and I back then. Of course the philosophy was different. Quantity > quality. Today it's quality > quantity. 

I don't know, man. Because I was ~20 years old, had little or no money, and I wanted to catch a buzz? Maybe. Maybe that was it.

Also calls to mind (~:27 second mark if it doesn't jump)

https://youtu.be/k2WBaA_PJzE?t=27s

Ha Whatever was in the fridge is what we went after. Some nights it was Natty. Other nights it could've been Milwaukee's Best, Miller High Life, PBR, Bucsh Lite, etc... Depended on who bought the brew that night. Busch Lite wasn't that bad actually. 

Same here. The only bad beer was no beer.

I drank box wine in college on more than a couple occasions when it was all that was available / cheapest.  The depths I'd sink to for intoxicating beverages in those days knew no boundry.

Box wines have come a long way. There's now many decent wines that come in a box.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Totally forgot about InBev... C'mon you don't like Sam Adams? Is it the Boston thing or the actual beer itself?

Personally, I don't like Sam Adams Lager and most of the seasonal rotation, they just don't taste good to me. The rest of their beer is OK to good, but nothing special in terms of craft brew.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.