Jason Pominville - Captain

Vandaman26

2011-12' Sabres Captain  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the Captaincy?

• Miller
    • Vanek
    • Roy

Which brings me to a point I kinda wanted to make but was not sure about, Derek Roy reenters the lineup for game 7 and the team is flat and bombs hardcore.... coincidence or locker room cancer?

I am going with tired legs and young defense. Roy I thought looked like anyone would after months on the IR and I thought his game was decent... But god it makes me wonder about Roy... of course I don't see Regehr in particular putting up with Roy if that is in fact the case and all it takes is one crack to break a dam or change a room.

This is the kind of post that makes me go arggh. Fan speculation of locker room behavior is what's cancerous.

So Gaustad, whom IMHO is the correct choice for the "C", was wearing it the other night. Does that make him the front-runner for the permanent job? NB that Vanek, whom a lot of people think is the right choice, wasn't dressed for the game.

I'll be interested to see who wears it tonight. If Vanek plays and he isn't wearing it, I think that means he's not gonna get it. If Gaustad wears it again, I think that means he's getting it full-time. I could also see Hecht wearing it tonight and being a contender for the full-time job (but OTOH I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Hecht in the next couple of weeks).

Also, while I think they will sign Gaustad to an extension, as of now he is a UFA after this year. It's certainly possible that Gaustad wears it this year, departs in free agency, and then Myers gets it next year.

So Gaustad, whom IMHO is the correct choice for the "C", was wearing it the other night. Does that make him the front-runner for the permanent job? NB that Vanek, whom a lot of people think is the right choice, wasn't dressed for the game.

I'll be interested to see who wears it tonight. If Vanek plays and he isn't wearing it, I think that means he's not gonna get it. If Gaustad wears it again, I think that means he's getting it full-time. I could also see Hecht wearing it tonight and being a contender for the full-time job (but OTOH I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Hecht in the next couple of weeks).

Also, while I think they will sign Gaustad to an extension, as of now he is a UFA after this year. It's certainly possible that Gaustad wears it this year, departs in free agency, and then Myers gets it next year.

All good comments. I really wish we had an inkling of an idea as to what Ruff is thinking for the captaincy.

I do suspect though, that Myers will continue to wear the A.

Its time one of the original members of this team steps up and takes over the captaincy and not a new guy, although Regehr would be well suited to such a role, IMHO...however, it just sends the wrong message, I believe, in that "someone else will just take responsibility again"

No. Its time Vanek steps up and embraces the role he has been growing into. He impressed me a lot with his work ethic and his willingness to talk to the media even when things weren't going well and gave some honest answers. He might not be a rah-rah type of guy, but I am pretty sure he is well respected in that locker room, and think it would mean a lot to some of the other original members like Roy and Pominville if he was the one getting on them for not playing the way they should instead of a perceived outsider like Rivet or even Regehr...

Its one thing when you are all in the same group and an outside starts getting on you about the way you are playing. Another thing when a guy in that group is the one getting on you instead...

So to anyone who actually saw the game last night, did we catch who was wearing the C?

Derek Roy wore the C last night when they played the Canadiens.

THIS GUY

That was more of a huh as in huh... i wouldn't have thought they would have put the C on him considering he has rumored problems staying focused / going out on the town and partying too much / and the abundance of other players on the team that could potentially fill that role better.

Not a "huh... who is that"

Nothing against Roy, i have no idea if the issues i mentioned above are even real. I just would have thought it would have been on Vanek or Pommer or Gaustad or Myers or Regher before it was given to Roy.

Archived