Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

I'd take him on my fantasy team any day.

A 40-pt forward? How many teams are in your league?

The OHL says all players will wear soft cap shoulder and elbow pads this season to make game safer.

Probable for NHL? idk

The NHL should absolutely do this.

Does anyone know of a source that will allow me to download NHL stats to an Excel spreadsheet?

I've got my own madness that I use to determine my draft order, but I need player stats in Excel format. Last year I put stats into a spreadsheet by hand for about 200 players. No fun and very time consuming. I'd like to avoid that this year.

Does anyone know of a source that will allow me to download NHL stats to an Excel spreadsheet?

I've got my own madness that I use to determine my draft order, but I need player stats in Excel format. Last year I put stats into a spreadsheet by hand for about 200 players. No fun and very time consuming. I'd like to avoid that this year.

Here's how....

1. Open an Excell worksheet.

2. Open the data tab at the top

3. Click on "get external data from Web" (far left on mine)

4. this should open a new web query box

5. Paste in this address http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats/byposition?pos=C,RW,LW,D

6. Click the arrow with the NHL Yahoo sortable stats - this will change it to a checkmark

7. Click import

9. You should have it.

Here's how....

5. Paste in this address http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/stats/byposition?pos=C,RW,LW,D

6. Click the arrow with the NHL Yahoo sortable stats - this will change it to a checkmark

7. Click import

9. You should have it.

Number eight is something so devious that it had to be censored.

Here's how....

7. Click import

9. You should have it.

thx.

Here's how....

7. Click import

8. ?????

9. Profit.

Number eight is something so devious that it had to be censored.

Better now.

Buff so fat he has to buy two seats on the Winnepeg Jet.

He's so fat the back of his neck looks like a package of hot dogs.

Seriously, 286#? In that picture attached to the story, it looks like he has man boobs! In an era when fitness has gone in the complete opposite direction, Buffetline proves to be a throwback player in the offseason and at the dinner table. Ruth would be proud.

Don't know where to put it and won't start a thread...

I played golf today behind a threesome (chz, just relax here) of Brennan, Schiestel, and ( I think but am not sure) Pysyk. ######, these guys can hit a golf ball. Let's hope they do it mostly in July, August, and September, and not in other months.

Don't know where to put it and won't start a thread...

I played golf today behind a threesome (chz, just relax here) of Brennan, Schiestel, and ( I think but am not sure) Pysyk. ######, these guys can hit a golf ball. Let's hope they do it mostly in July, August, and September, and not in other months.

That's really neat. Did you meet them?

That's really neat. Did you meet them?

Talked with Brennan a bit about the foursome ahead of them, which was really slow, but otherwise, no; I didn't even let on that I knew who they were. They were complaining (justifiably) quite a bit about the pace of play. I almost said, "well, make it in the bigs and then you can join whatever country club you want," but held it back. I run into a lot of Sabres in public, usually in restaurants, and I usually just let them be. The only time I've said anything to a current player was during the 2006 playoffs; I told Teppo and Max to "go get 'em" or something like that and Max nodded. I think they want to be left alone, mostly, unless it's late and they're drinking at a club on Chippewa or something (in which case it's really unlikely that I'll run into them).

unless it's late and they're drinking at a club on Chippewa or something (in which case it's really unlikely that I'll run into them).

This is the scenario where Marshawn Lynch liked to turn the tables and run into others...

Terrific piece by Jerry Sullivan today.

Its a catch 22.

More fighting would equal more concussions, and those terrible feelings Rayzor and the other enforcers describe. Doesn't solve anything.

Eliminating fighting would create more cheap shots and more injuries. Could Gretzky have survived without McSorely? Did Crosby have someone protecting him? Should he need one with his size?

Talked with Brennan a bit about the foursome ahead of them, which was really slow, but otherwise, no; I didn't even let on that I knew who they were. They were complaining (justifiably) quite a bit about the pace of play. I almost said, "well, make it in the bigs and then you can join whatever country club you want," but held it back. I run into a lot of Sabres in public, usually in restaurants, and I usually just let them be. The only time I've said anything to a current player was during the 2006 playoffs; I told Teppo and Max to "go get 'em" or something like that and Max nodded. I think they want to be left alone, mostly, unless it's late and they're drinking at a club on Chippewa or something (in which case it's really unlikely that I'll run into them).

I don't have that much self control. I saw Danny DeVito once, and I couldn't help but walk over to him and say, "Mr. DeVito, you're the man." He was a good sport and thanked me though... That's the only time I've ever met anybody famous, aside from seeing Matthew Broderick on the streets of Manhattan one day.

I don't have that much self control. I saw Danny DeVito once, and I couldn't help but walk over to him and say, "Mr. DeVito, you're the man." He was a good sport and thanked me though... That's the only time I've ever met anybody famous, aside from seeing Matthew Broderick on the streets of Manhattan one day.

"Matthew, why did you marry a horse?"

Its a catch 22.

More fighting would equal more concussions, and those terrible feelings Rayzor and the other enforcers describe. Doesn't solve anything.

Eliminating fighting would create more cheap shots and more injuries. Could Gretzky have survived without McSorely? Did Crosby have someone protecting him? Should he need one with his size?

I'm not against fighting at all. Usually guys have a chance to protect themselves in a fight. Over time however, there is a cumulative toll.

I'm generally much more worried about what cheap/dirty hits do to the game and players.

Mostly, I would hope the NHL, NHLPA and League Alumni would all create a framework for post career research.

On another topic, I find this link to be an interesting one...it's a fantasy report of players they wouldn't touch with a 10ft. pole. Funny thing is they have Jordan Leopold on it, saying:

Jordan Leopold – Defense – Buffalo

Leopold had his best NHL season last year with Buffalo, but he still only scored 35 points. This year he will have a much harder time replicating that success with the budding Marc-Andre Gragnani in the lineup. Gragnani is a much more lethal offensive weapon and should emerge as one of Buffalo’s top scoring defensemen in 2011-12.

Also there are a couple disgruntled top draft picks from 2008 that should be traded this year and make a significant impact this year with their new teams:

Interesting RFA’s still unsigned: Zach Bogosian and Josh Bailey. Both are solid up-and-coming players who don’t seem to fit into their current teams’ future plans. I expect both to be traded this year and make impacts fairly quickly in their new homes. A change of scenery will only rejuvenate the disgruntled skaters. Both are top 10 picks from the 2008 draft with plenty left to prove.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3944:not-with-a-ten-foot-pole-east-2011&catid=34:timlucarelli&Itemid=101

On another topic, I find this link to be an interesting one...it's a fantasy report of players they wouldn't touch with a 10ft. pole. Funny thing is they have Jordan Leopold on it, saying:

Leopold had his best NHL season last year with Buffalo, but he still only scored 35 points. This year he will have a much harder time replicating that success with the budding Marc-Andre Gragnani in the lineup. Gragnani is a much more lethal offensive weapon and should emerge as one of Buffalo’s top scoring defensemen in 2011-12.

Also there are a couple disgruntled top draft picks from 2008 that should be traded this year and make a significant impact this year with their new teams:

Interesting RFA’s still unsigned: Zach Bogosian and Josh Bailey. Both are solid up-and-coming players who don’t seem to fit into their current teams’ future plans. I expect both to be traded this year and make impacts fairly quickly in their new homes. A change of scenery will only rejuvenate the disgruntled skaters. Both are top 10 picks from the 2008 draft with plenty left to prove.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3944:not-with-a-ten-foot-pole-east-2011&catid=34:timlucarelli&Itemid=101

With Erhoff on the team I def expect Leopold's stats to drop this year. Unless Erhoff or Myers get hurt, Leopold won't see a sniff of the #1 PP unit. And he'll spend more even strength time on the ice with lower line forwards too.

http://www.dobberhoc...elli&Itemid=101

I wouldn't be stunned if Leopold's numbers went down either, but more because of Ehrhoff ... MAG isn't guaranteed a spot in the lineup by any means.

With Erhoff on the team I def expect Leopold's stats to drop this year. Unless Erhoff or Myers get hurt, Leopold won't see a sniff of the #1 PP unit. And he'll spend more even strength time on the ice with lower line forwards too.

If Grags is in the lineup, he (Leopold) will be lucky to sniff the #2 PP unit. Leopold had better clean up his game in his own end, or he will be a strong candidate to spend some quality time in the press box.

Archived