Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

Oh, I forgot about autocorrect. We need to bombard Apple with emails about the team name. I mean it.

But the tourney is still for kids.

yeah it sucks - Apple is trying to keep everyone all warm and fuzzy in their shell. I agree with the bombardment, too bad they won't listen.

thanks for the clarification on the tourney

If it was a complete tear he will be out a lot longer than 3 months.

They are saying a tear not a rupture, which I guess is longer. Mine took about three months. it was explained to me that the Achilles is like a piece of rope, you can tear some of threads or completely sever it.

I caught the tail end of a show on the NHL Network last night that showed parts of this research and development camp. I barely saw any of it, but it I bet they air it again in the next couple days. So keep an eye open and you may be able to see some of these proposed rules/modifications.

On all three: "One thing I like about these guys is that they all lost in a Game Seven of the Stanley Cup finals. That has to be pretty good motivation for them."

Interesting comment from TPegs.

I remember saying that a while back the day we signed leino... not sure what thread it's in, but i think it's huge. To come that close and watch it slip away in an end all situation... those three especially are going to give it their all.

Here is a link to a Sporting News article about Marchand and Ennis.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2011-08-21/marchand-bruins-quiet-on-contract-ennis-keeps-close-eye

"If Ennis has an equal, or better, season in 2011-12, he’ll likely command more than whatever the Bruins pay Marchand, the Globe reports."

Only if he also is "a catalyst in the ... playoff run"

"If Ennis has an equal, or better, season in 2011-12, he’ll likely command more than whatever the Bruins pay Marchand, the Globe reports."

Agreed. Not to discredit what Marchand did as a rookie, but other than a few quips here and there about him, I barely knew who he was until the playoffs. But he was incredible in the post-season -- that's where he earned his money. He was a huge part of that team.

For better or worse, this is probably not true ... if Ennis puts up numbers, he'll get paid. They always get their money ... Stafford scores 30 but the Sabres lose in first round? Gets paid. Bergenheim has his worst points per game season in 3 years but gets hot in the playoffs? Gets paid. (Granted, he was unrestricted, which Ennis would not be, but point is playoffs seem to only help, not hurt, players in negotiations ... )

Agreed. Not to discredit what Marchand did as a rookie, but other than a few quips here and there about him, I barely knew who he was until the playoffs. But he was incredible in the post-season -- that's where he earned his money. He was a huge part of that team.

I hadnt heard too much about Marchand either, then when the playoffs rolled around, I was wondering who the dude was that looked like Spuds McKenzie with the pirate goatee...

Archived