Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

-Many of you have been inquiring about PuckDrop festivities that have taken place at the arena on the first day of training camp. Because of arena availability issues on Saturday, September 17, that event and the adult street hockeyfest won’t be happening this year. We will however be hosting an open night practice during training camp, and have planned some special activities for the second home preseason game against Toronto on Saturday, September 24. More details on both events will be announced soon.

color me PISSED!!!!!!

-Many of you have been inquiring about PuckDrop festivities that have taken place at the arena on the first day of training camp. Because of arena availability issues on Saturday, September 17, that event and the adult street hockeyfest won’t be happening this year. We will however be hosting an open night practice during training camp, and have planned some special activities for the second home preseason game against Toronto on Saturday, September 24. More details on both events will be announced soon.

color me PISSED!!!!!!

Is this because of the renovations?

It's honey badger....

Do not know why i said bear ...vs badger.. :thumbsup: they both have the same rep when pursuiing their quarry.the imagery works wither either term.

OK - that makes more sense.. I get it now. I still don't think its funny or clever, but I get it.

Hefty Smurf.

Hefty Smurf is clever.

OK - that makes more sense.. I get it now. I still don't think its funny or clever, but I get it.

Hefty Smurf is clever.

:thumbsup:

When i read the quote, i pictured a honey badger tenaciously riping apart a bees nest, flinching each time he got stung but willing to take the pain to achieve the goal. A lot like Gerbe plays the game. Yeah...the author could have done better.

Is this because of the renovations?

I'm guessing it has to do with the WWE Night of Champion that happens the following night - I'm sure there is a lot of set up involved for that event.

nobody is probably right. i haven't heard anything about the WWE thing, but the kids hockeyfest is going on sometime soon, and since both tournaments take place outside the arena, i don't think the arena renovations would get in the way.

sucks though. im really disappointed. i look forward to that every summer, it's the only time i get to play hockey anymore :( nothing like getting up at 5am, rounding up your 4 best friends and driving two hours to HSBC to get our ###### handed to us by dudes three times our size and twice our age! haha that sounds like sarcasm, but it really is a blast!

i could see PUCK DROP (the whole event) being cancelled because of arena renovations, since generally the focal point is the open practice available to the public. but i wish they would just reschedule the adult hockeyfest tournament for a different day... lol

Hefty Smurf is clever.

Thanks; the chick in the seat next to mine insists on calling him her "Timbit."

I stick to Hefty.

My bad on the false alarm... I talked to my brother and he's been assuming 9/17 because that's the weekend it was on last year. He said he's just waiting for something to be published on the Sabres' website. What a twirp. :devil:

Thanks anyway. That would be my best estimate too. I hope they are still having it!! What team name has your brother used in the past? I wonder if I've played him before lol

The adult street hockeyfest won’t be happening this year. No Puckdrop this year either.

There will be a open night practice during training camp though.

The adult street hockeyfest won’t be happening this year. No Puckdrop this year either.

There will be a open night practice during training camp though.

The small font confuses me. Will there be adult street hockey?

Thanks; the chick in the seat next to mine insists on calling him her "Timbit."

I stick to Hefty.

Women come up with some hilariously cheesy nicknames for the smaller players. I wish I could remember some of them, but this pair of women I sat near for years at BU game took the cheesy factor to a whole new level.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=587013

TORONTO -- The area by the player benches where the padded turnbuckle used to be should be safer this coming season thanks to its sleek new look.

After hundreds of hours of testing that included the use of crash-test dummies, the NHL has developed a curved-glass system that will replace the padded turnbuckles, which were set on the stanchions at the end of each player bench.

The curved glass flows from the glass above the boards and runs away from the ice. It is designed to eliminate the solid termination point that used to be in place due to the 90-degree angle that was created by the two sections of glass coming together at the end of each player bench.

The League will be testing the curved glass again at the 2011 Research, Development and Orientation Camp, which begins Wednesday at the Mastercard Centre for Excellence in Etobicoke, Ont. NHL Facilities Operations Manager Dan Craig told NHL.com the League's goal is to have the curved glass in every arena for the start of the 2011-12 season.

I wish they had a picture. Oh well, someone did bring up a good point in the comments on that story. What happens when the puck hits this curved surface. There's going to need to be some sort of line that is considered out of play. I also wonder how long of a delay we're looking at should this piece of glass break at some point during a game. That's a minor issue though and I'm sure it will be very rare.

I wish they had a picture. Oh well, someone did bring up a good point in the comments on that story. What happens when the puck hits this curved surface. There's going to need to be some sort of line that is considered out of play. I also wonder how long of a delay we're looking at should this piece of glass break at some point during a game. That's a minor issue though and I'm sure it will be very rare.

Maybe a very small camera on the top of the glass looking down. j/k

I say if it hits and comes back into play, it's good. Hits and falls to the bench, whistle.

I wish they had a picture. Oh well, someone did bring up a good point in the comments on that story.

Me too....I'm just going to call that piece the pacioretty.

What happens when the puck hits this curved surface. There's going to need to be some sort of line that is considered out of play. I also wonder how long of a delay we're looking at should this piece of glass break at some point during a game. That's a minor issue though and I'm sure it will be very rare.

I was wondering about this too.

color me PISSED!!!!!!

Street hockey fest is this weekend according to sabers.com

Archived