Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

Did Kalinin go to the KHL? He was quite a good Dman for us for, well, all of about a season but still. Whatever happened to him?

Kalinin was with us for about 8 seasons. He is only 31, so maybe he could return to the NHL someday, but I doubt it. Former first rounder.

Has anybody heard anything about Puck Drop festivities, or more specifically the adult street hockey tournament? In past years it has been announced in early August, giving about a month for registration and such before taking place around 9/20. Wonder if there's a different plan this year or something?

Has anybody heard anything about Puck Drop festivities, or more specifically the adult street hockey tournament? In past years it has been announced in early August, giving about a month for registration and such before taking place around 9/20. Wonder if there's a different plan this year or something?

Hockeyfest? I've never been, but my younger brother plays in it every year. It's September 17 this year.

Hockeyfest? I've never been, but my younger brother plays in it every year. It's September 17 this year.

Where did you get this info? I've been checking the Sabres website daily and haven't seen anything about it.. only stuff about the under 18 Hockeyfest tournament in a week or two.

Where did you get this info? I've been checking the Sabres website daily and haven't seen anything about it.. only stuff about the under 18 Hockeyfest tournament in a week or two.

I can't find anything online, either. My brother has definitely mentioned the 9/17 date on multiple occasions, though; I'll try to check with him and get back to you.

My bad on the false alarm... I talked to my brother and he's been assuming 9/17 because that's the weekend it was on last year. He said he's just waiting for something to be published on the Sabres' website. What a twirp. :devil:

My bad on the false alarm... I talked to my brother and he's been assuming 9/17 because that's the weekend it was on last year. He said he's just waiting for something to be published on the Sabres' website. What a twirp. :devil:

Thanks anyway. That would be my best estimate too. I hope they are still having it!! What team name has your brother used in the past? I wonder if I've played him before lol

Not sure if this was posted.

http://thehockeywriters.com/buffalo-sabres-five-bold-predictions-for-2011-12/

Buffalo Sabres: Five Bold Predictions for 2011-12

"With the additions the Sabres made, I don’t think it’s too farfetched to say Miller could very easily put up career numbers this season. 2011/12 Fearless Forecast: 40 wins 2.15 GAA .931 SV%"

"Nathan Gerbe will crack the 20-goal marker."

"Christian Ehrhoff won’t lead Sabres defensemen in points."

Luke Adam will play an essential role for the Sabres...

When it’s all said and done, Adam could wind up being one of the unsung heroes of this hockey season. 2011/12 Fearless Forecast: 13 goals 19 assists 32 points +11"

etc...

Great year for Miller..ok... very probable now that Sabres have a legit 1 pairing and an enhanced ability to rest him

Myers as defense point leader. Not going to happen . (probably will not be on the 1 pp unit and possibly not on the 2nd unit unless Lindy is in suck up mode)

Gerbe breaking twenty...ok if he stays healthy. Lets not forget that Ennis has twenty goal potential too, especially if paired with Adam

Luke Adam --bold prediction//really reaching

Leino...I agree completely and i do think he ends up between Vanek and whom ever.

"Honey Bear" great moniker for Gerbe

Great year for Miller..ok... very probable now that Sabres have a legit 1 pairing and an enhanced ability to rest him

Myers as defense point leader. Not going to happen . (probably will not be on the 1 pp unit and possibly not on the 2nd unit unless Lindy is in suck up mode)

Gerbe breaking twenty...ok if he stays healthy. Lets not forget that Ennis has twenty goal potential too, especially if paired with Adam

Luke Adam --bold prediction//really reaching

Leino...I agree completely and i do think he ends up between Vanek and whom ever.

"Honey Bear" great moniker for Gerbe

Why? Not being a jerk, I just don't get it.

Responding to Eggs B post and the interesting article he found see previous page

http://thehockeywriters.com/buffalo-sabres-five-bold-predictions-for-2011-12/

I know where it came from, but why is it a great moniker?

Honey Bear? Why not "angry dwarf" or "leaping leprechaun".

I know they are dumb, but I don't understand why honey bear fits either.

I thought it was honey badger...which made sense if you've seen some of the youtube videos...honey bear...not so much

Honey bears , although relatively small in stature when it comes to bears, live in rain forestss and are known for their tenacity and persistence.

Archived