Around the NHL 2011-2012

spndnchz

Kovalev speaks... http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/10484/um-we-dont-feel-sorry-for-alexei-kovalev

According to the translated version of the Kovalev interview, he said the local reporters in Ottawa "don't watch hockey at all. When they fly with the team and go through the [metal detector] at an airport, their bags are filled with beer."

I don't see the Penguins with any obvious weaknesses. Whom do you think would tempt them?

they could use some high caliber wingers.

They made the move for Neal last year at the deadline, and i don't think it's too far out of the question to look at acquiring either staal or malkin for some top end winger talent for crosby, as well as a couple prospects.

I'm not saying it will happen, but that's the only way i see it happening.

They made the move for Neal last year at the deadline, and i don't think it's too far out of the question to look at acquiring either staal or malkin for some top end winger talent for crosby, as well as a couple prospects.

I don't think we have the wingers to spare, aside from the fact that Malkin is making 8.7 mil a year. Staal is much more affordable ($4 mil), but is still developing.

i think stafford a pick an a top def prospect might get you staal if not now then by the end of the season if stafford throws out another 25g and 35a which is resonable... Neal Crosby Stafford would be a very skilled line... but thats a hypothetical

Vokoun I feel is the starter if he outperforms whatever young guy washington has left... Neuvirth is that it? Vokoun has never really had a great defense or team in front of him, (in recent memory) so who knows what hes got in the tank.

It probably doesn't help that I read them all in a Bullwinkle voice. ;)

FLASH BCK TIME.....

Bullwinkle: Well this is a pickle...actually its more of a kumquat.

Bullwinkle: Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Rocky: Again?

Bullwinkle: Presto!

Lion: ROAR!!!

Bullwinkle: Oops, wrong hat.

Rocky: Do you know what an A-bomb is?

Bullwinkle: Certainly. A bomb is what some people call our show.

Rocky: There has already been two attempts on your life.

Bullwinkle: Don't worry, we'll be renewed.

Rocky: And now, for all your seniors who are just about to graduate, here are some words of wisdom from Mr. Know-It-All.

Bullwinkle: You just leave that to my pal. He's the brains of the outfit.

General: What does that make you ?

Bullwinkle: What else? An executive..

Rocky: Gee, an unhappy ending.

Bullwinkle: Humble, that's me... Mr. Modesty. When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest.

Rocky: Hey Bullwinkle, we're in real trouble now!

Bullwinkle: Oh good, Rocky! I hate that artificial kind!

Boris: Aw, shut up your mouth!

Bullwinkle: Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what can you believe?

Natasha: Hello dollink.

Fearless Leader: What does Pottsylvania have more than any other country? Mean! We have more mean than any other country in Europe! We must export mean.

FLASH BCK TIME.....

Rocky: And now, for all your seniors who are just about to graduate, here are some words of wisdom from Mr. Know-It-All.

Bullwinkle: Humble, that's me... Mr. Modesty. When it comes to humility, I'm the greatest.

Bullwinkle: Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what can you believe?

Fearless Leader: What does Pottsylvania have more than any other country? Mean! We have more mean than any other country in Europe! We must export mean.

I am so glad this board was the first thing i read this morning when I got into work. :thumbsup:

Are you always this obnoxious or are you just having a good day?

Don't bother...I already know the answer.

So we were to take your trade proposal seriously? Boyes, Leopold and Sekera for one of the best 5-6 players in the league? Really?

Don't post nonsense if you don't want to get called on it.

I hope that's true. But then again, to follow Ottawa this past year, they needed their fair share of alcohol.

Hasn't Kovalev got a reputation as a 'diva'? To be honest I'm with the title. His a highly paid superstar athelete, he can bite me if the wants sympathy for not getting first pick.

That he was. And he was arguably the best power-play player in the league for a few years after the lockout.

I get the feeling it was more about Montreal than it was him. They were churning out great PP players year after year. Then again, maybe he was the main source for that.

I get the feeling it was more about Montreal than it was him. They were churning out great PP players year after year. Then again, maybe he was the main source for that.

he had decent numbers in Pittsburgh early in his career too....but at the same time, he had Jagr and some other players to feed.

I'm a day late on this as well, but if either Parise or Weber becomes available (and I think the chances are better that Weber does than Parise), the Sabres need to take their best shot at him. I would trade Vanek and Kassian for either Parise or Weber in a heartbeat.

Anything is possible in Hockey Heaven!

Let's talk about nonsense Freedman. Let's take a look at your latest gem. Trade our best forward and prospect for Weber. Absolutely brilliant!

Now tell me genius, aside from trading in a position where we are the weakest which Waldo pointed out, with Weber, Regehr, Ehrhoff and Myers now hogging all the time on D, what ice time do you expect Sekera, MAGS, or Weber will receive in order to improve?

Waldo called you out on it, but I didn't because I didn't want to pile on. But now you're asking for it.

Next time try to think before writing. You know what they say about people in glass houses.

FLASH BCK TIME.....

LOL! That was some great stuff. I still have VCRs of those shows. The Wattsomotta U episodes are my favorite.

Archived