Suggestion Thread!

SDS

1. Click in "Fast Reply" box
  2. Type nonsensical musings
  3. Click the emoticon in the "Emoticons" box to the right
  4. It shows up in the "Fast Reply" editing window
  5. Click "Post"
  6. When my post is published the emoticon is gone but replaced with the link
  7. When people quote me, it sometimes shows up properly, but it did not when you quoted me just now.

:unsure:

Google Chrome

Windows 7 at home and Windows XP at work - both show the same behavior

Does Safari crash?

Turn off Rich Text Editor, because Mobile Safari doesn't support it (and crashes when you use it). We're hoping to resolve that once and for all for 3.2.

Turning off RTE did the job. thanks.

It appears to be user-specific. This has been happening to me on this board for as long as I can remember.

More info (though it looks like my last post there was edited for troubleshooting - that's not what it looked like when I posted it)

Just messing wit' ya.

Can u post emoticons on other boards/sites?

Do you have "smiley central"?

Try typing a colon and a right side parenthesis together and post it, see what happens.

I can do it fine on the "other" board. That link is to someone else having the same problem there, and I posted the the bottom.

I see no "fast reply" option there. I clicked "add reply" then when I added the smiley it posted in the editing window as : u n s u r e : then got converted when I clicked "post"

Here when I click the smiley, instead of : u n s u r e : I see the picture correctly, until I post it.

I do not have "smiley central" whatever that is.

I can do it fine on the "other" board. That link is to someone else having the same problem there, and I posted the the bottom.

I see no "fast reply" option there. I clicked "add reply" then when I added the smiley it posted in the editing window as : u n s u r e : then got converted when I clicked "post"

Here when I click the smiley, instead of : u n s u r e : I see the picture correctly, until I post it.

I do not have "smiley central" whatever that is.

Ok, what happens when you use add reply here instead of fast reply?

Here's my idea. Take the OT threads out of The Aud Club and put them into their own area. There are too many threads as it is, we don't need more confusion.

Also, is there a way to show which threads a member has written to? Sometimes these threads are so similar (free agency vs. Sabre moves) that I forget which thread (or threads) I had posted to the day before. Having a running list of posted threads over the past day, two days, week, whatever, would be helpful.

Here's my idea. Take the OT threads out of The Aud Club and put them into their own area. There are too many threads as it is, we don't need more confusion.

Also, is there a way to show which threads a member has written to? Sometimes these threads are so similar (free agency vs. Sabre moves) that I forget which thread (or threads) I had posted to the day before. Having a running list of posted threads over the past day, two days, week, whatever, would be helpful.

Not sure there is enough traffic to support the former.

The latter - just click on the number under replies:

79 Replies

You can tell which ones you have posted to because the icon at the far left is different. Topics that contain posts from you will have a white note on the blue folder. I realize this doesn't help you figure out which ones you posted to within a certain number of days.

I actually think there is a perfect balance between hockey threads and OT threads on this board. Just my opinion...

As for your second suggestion, I have the same problem all the time. Click your username to view your profile (http://forums.sabrespace.com/user/1319-bullwinkle/) and click the "Posts" tab, it will show your recent posts.

You can tell which ones you have posted to because the icon at the far left is different. Topics that contain posts from you will have a white note on the blue folder. I realize this doesn't help you figure out which ones you posted to within a certain number of days.

Thank you. That is helpful.

I actually think there is a perfect balance between hockey threads and OT threads on this board. Just my opinion...

As for your second suggestion, I have the same problem all the time. Click your username to view your profile (http://forums.sabrespace.com/user/1319-bullwinkle/) and click the "Posts" tab, it will show your recent posts.

ditto

create a limit on +/- you can do for a day, so for instance if someone dislikes you they cant go through and negate every post. Or if someone does like you they cant go through and just + all your stuff. Basically make so the +/- is something that is thought about before clicking that button, 2 or 3 a day maybe?

create a limit on +/- you can do for a day, so for instance if someone dislikes you they cant go through and negate every post. Or if someone does like you they cant go through and just + all your stuff. Basically make so the +/- is something that is thought about before clicking that button, 2 or 3 a day maybe?

there are different limits on each, but not 2 or 3.

Archived