Suggestion Thread!

SDS

It would be really cool if we could get this site trending on twitter, but it might take a playoff game to do so. Short play by play descriptions of games could be given on twitter, always with Sabres Space as the key word.

Okay just retweeted the announcements of Sabres Space and Sabre Forums to my friends and fans. Keep up the good work SDS. It will be a great marketing ploy. One other place you might consider is Linked In, it can be linked to twitter and facebook as well to the website and all you have to do is one post if they are all linked. Just one more way to broadcast the site.

Thanks!

Remember that it is SabreSpace - there aren't two "s"es in the middle!

What to do about Videos?

I may provide a prize for someone who can coherently lay out a plan to organize videos (primarily YouTube links). Keep in mind that this might be a service the front page readers might like also.

Anyone?

So, a point/counterpoint?

Also, I had planned on getting carps charts incorporated last season, but never got to it.

yeah. Team Stormcloud vs. The Sunshine Kitten Crew. Edited and streamlined, these debates would be great reading, even for the non-discussion board member visitors to the site. Obviously the editor would pick the contributers based on the topic as the two "teams" are not completely monolithic in their viewpoints.

What to do about Videos?

I may provide a prize for someone who can coherently lay out a plan to organize videos (primarily YouTube links). Keep in mind that this might be a service the front page readers might like also.

Anyone?

Naked dancing girls.

Anyone?

I like the way HockeyFights.com has theirs set up. Check the lower right corner of their home page. They have a "latest videos added" section with about 5-6 of the most recent youtube vidoes. And a link below it to the page that gets you to the rest of their videos. It's all done in chronological order of when the vids were added to the site. Pretty simple.

Does Safari crash?

Turn off Rich Text Editor, because Mobile Safari doesn't support it (and crashes when you use it). We're hoping to resolve that once and for all for 3.2.

Safari doesn't crash - it just won't open the keyboard when you try to comment - won't type at all. I can hit the +1 button, and go on about my merry way after a failed attempt at adding a comment.

I like the way HockeyFights.com has theirs set up. Check the lower right corner of their home page. They have a "latest videos added" section with about 5-6 of the most recent youtube vidoes. And a link below it to the page that gets you to the rest of their videos. It's all done in chronological order of when the vids were added to the site. Pretty simple.

Not sure that applies here. Certainly for 99% of the vids that get posted here, I have no plans for hosting an elaborate page like they do. Way too much work. ;)

I'm wondering if we need a video submission page that people can post a link and insert some tags or a category on the front page or maybe we have a video forum with preset categories (maybe one for each current player, one for historical videos, ect...). I'm not sure how that structure would look.

I only get this

"Action failed: You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

when I try de-rep someone. It was the first time I did it!

Hey! Chz has rep again! Does that mean she is no longer a mod? If we are going to expand the +1 -1 abilities, we should also be able to see who is doing the plussing and minussing. A little check on abuse.

Safari doesn't crash - it just won't open the keyboard when you try to comment - won't type at all. I can hit the +1 button, and go on about my merry way after a failed attempt at adding a comment.

Go to your user settings and turn off (untick) RTE - you should be able to post with your iPad after that.

Hey! Chz has rep again! Does that mean she is no longer a mod? If we are going to expand the +1 -1 abilities, we should also be able to see who is doing the plussing and minussing. A little check on abuse.

If anything, she would be promoted to Queen or perhaps Benevolent Ruler...

Check "Improved Like System":

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/19787-glimpse-at-new-features-coming-soon/

Not sure that applies here. Certainly for 99% of the vids that get posted here, I have no plans for hosting an elaborate page like they do. Way too much work. ;)

I'm wondering if we need a video submission page that people can post a link and insert some tags or a category on the front page or maybe we have a video forum with preset categories (maybe one for each current player, one for historical videos, ect...). I'm not sure how that structure would look.

What kind of video's are you looking for? Like player / personnel interviews and profiles? or montages by fans, or game highlights?

What kind of video's are you looking for? Like player / personnel interviews and profiles? or montages by fans, or game highlights?

doesn't matter. whatever interests fans and could be useful beyond the moment (which can be posted in a thread).

Actually, this is open to find out what kind of videos YOU guys want to have aggregated here. Keeping in mind, I have no intention of producing these myself (but will gladly host/promote others who will).

Actually, this is open to find out what kind of videos YOU guys want to have aggregated here. Keeping in mind, I have no intention of producing these myself (but will gladly host/promote others who will).

I haven't seen him post in a while, but wallybarthman has uploaded some nice HD highlight videos on YouTube in the past. Maybe he'd be a good one to contribute?

I suppose I'd be willing to contribute on this front. If there's two things I pride myself on over the internet, it's video editing and photoshop.

In that case, i think it might be neat to organize vids by player to those who apply. I'm talking draft profiles for those who have them, along with highlights throughout their career.

It'd be a lot of work, but it might not be a bad idea to get a page for each current roster player containing a profile, career stats, etc. You could link a section of video for said player on the page in question.

As far as other video's go, You could make a community video section, of montages and team tribute that people have put together over the years.

Hell, branching off the player profile page, you could make Pages for legends of the organization. A Rick Jeanerette page would be awesome to keep all the great calls.

This would obviously take a metric butt ton of work, but it could turn this place into THE one stop go to site for anything and everything sabres, outside the official site.

Edit: a lot of these features aren't even on the official site, and would be pretty awesome to have all in one place.

aside, i know it's a lot to ask and i don't really expect it to be implemented, i'm just tossing some ideas out there :beer:

Done.

Well, in a broader sense, I have thought about "Ice Girls" and running photo contests, etc...

Also, this server can handle the load. If not, we go bigger.

i like what you did there. "broader" for ice girls. intentional? i'd like to think so.

For anyone else having issues on SS with iPads, on your ipad go to settings, then safari, and turn off JavaScript. It should then work fine. It did for me!

my suggestion didn't work?

Archived