Suggestion Thread!

SDS

there are different limits on each, but not 2 or 3.

ok, thats cool. figured you guys had thought of it but was not sure. thxs :thumbsup:

even though ive been a casualty of the minus system today, i really like it and think it adds another dimension to the site.

You can tell which ones you have posted to because the icon at the far left is different. Topics that contain posts from you will have a white note on the blue folder. I realize this doesn't help you figure out which ones you posted to within a certain number of days.

I had absolutely no idea about this. :thumbsup:

Here's my idea. Take the OT threads out of The Aud Club and put them into their own area. There are too many threads as it is, we don't need more confusion.

Also, is there a way to show which threads a member has written to? Sometimes these threads are so similar (free agency vs. Sabre moves) that I forget which thread (or threads) I had posted to the day before. Having a running list of posted threads over the past day, two days, week, whatever, would be helpful.

I would vote against this. I also think we have just the right number of OT threads and they are clearly marked as such. I for one enjoy most of the OT threads even more than many of the hockey threads, especially in the offseason.

I'm not a fan of the negative rep button, but if you choose to keep it post-update, I do have one worry: It looked, in the preview for upcoming features, like when a post is +1'd it displays the names of all the users who +1'd it... that's awesome, and how it should be. But I hope it doesn't also list the posters who give it -1 (assuming -rep is still around). Although I'm against -rep in general, I think if you negative rep someone you should be able to do so anonymously.

ok, thats cool. figured you guys had thought of it but was not sure. thxs :thumbsup:even though ive been a casualty of the minus system today, i really like it and think it adds another dimension to the site.

I'm not a fan of the negative rep button, but if you choose to keep it post-update, I do have one worry: It looked, in the preview for upcoming features, like when a post is +1'd it displays the names of all the users who +1'd it... that's awesome, and how it should be. But I hope it doesn't also list the posters who give it -1 (assuming -rep is still around). Although I'm against -rep in general, I think if you negative rep someone you should be able to do so anonymously.

O i think if you negative rep someone you should do so and they should know. I am a minus 17 in the past 24hours, so yea this new system is so far and balanced and awesome. why am i a -22 you ask? go look for yourselves, reporting that we signed a ahl goalie -2, suggesting it was interesting to wonder if they wanted enroth to play more in the ahl instead of sitting on a bench in the nhl -2, saying ive like the +/- system -3, sneezing -1, ect. and so forth. I have 1 post in the last 24hours without a -1 on it and i give that after this post approximately 1 hour to -1000. whatever floats ppls boats.

O i think if you negative rep someone you should do so and they should know. I am a minus 17 in the past 24hours, so yea this new system is so far and balanced and awesome. why am i a -22 you ask? go look for yourselves, reporting that we signed a ahl goalie -2, suggesting it was interesting to wonder if they wanted enroth to play more in the ahl instead of sitting on a bench in the nhl -2, saying ive like the +/- system -3, sneezing -1, ect. and so forth. I have 1 post in the last 24hours without a -1 on it and i give that after this post approximately 1 hour to -1000. whatever floats ppls boats.

I suspect the folks are having some fun with you. Don't let it bother you.

When the negs were first announced I said that I have seen people leave other forums over neg abuse. Negs can be rather contentious. And when someone's post pulls -5 or more it starts to feel like you are getting piled on. I'm not a fan of negs for this reason. I don't want folks to feel like they can't put their opinion out there, popular opinion or controversial. It isn't healthy for good conversation.

I suspect the folks are having some fun with you. Don't let it bother you.

When the negs were first announced I said that I have seen people leave other forums over neg abuse. Negs can be rather contentious. And when someone's post pulls -5 or more it starts to feel like you are getting piled on. I'm not a fan of negs for this reason. I don't want folks to feel like they can't put their opinion out there, popular opinion or controversial. It isn't healthy for good conversation.

maybe after a certain number of 'negs', you can no longer rep the post?

There was a post of yours that I gave a -1 to because you quoted yourself but hadn't added anything more to the new post. I noticed later that you edited it to add new content but there is no way for me to take away my previous down vote.

And yes, I was just having fun at your expense.

I guess I'll weigh in on the +/- thing to suggest that you should be able to later change your vote if the post gets edited or you change your mind. Someone could make the best post in the world, get it voted up, then edit it to be something terrible and retain its high rating.

i'm assuming that since there are at placeholder links in the fanzone drop-down menu that there are plans to add pics, vids, and audio files? is that the case? cuz if so, my idea just became moot. :)

Those are the remnants of a lost year when our hard drive crash. I never recovered the media library we had.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have a screen that pops up whenever you click the 'start a new thread' button that forces the user to check the following boxes:

1. I have searched for my topic using the search function, and nothing came up.

2. My topic is relevant to the Sabres, or has been marked with the appropriate OT Label

3. I assume full responsibility for the digital beat-down that will ensue should this new thread be deemed by the board to be an egregious violation of my right to use the 'start new thread' button.

Alternatively, would it be possible to disable the start a thread button until a poster has been actively posting for say, 3 months?

Would it be possible to have a screen that pops up whenever you click the 'start a new thread' button that forces the user to check the following boxes:

2. My topic is relevant to the Sabres, or has been marked with the appropriate OT Label

3. I assume full responsibility for the digital beat-down that will ensue should this new thread be deemed by the board to be an egregious violation of my right to use the 'start new thread' button.

Alternatively, would it be possible to disable the start a thread button until a poster has been actively posting for say, 3 months?

I have no idea who you're talking about.

two words... hell no..

• 3 weeks later...

The SabreSpace logo at the top no longer links back to the main page but now links to the forums page. Not sure if this is was intended.

hasn't it always been that way? I haven't changed anything.

hasn't it always been that way? I haven't changed anything.

Maybe it's my brain that's been rewired but I could swear I used to use that to get to the main news page from the forum. It seems to me the site logo should link to the site's main page but I can just as easily get used to clicking the SabreSpace text right below the logo.

Archived