All About Tim Connolly

IKnowPhysics

Lol, give it a rest. I didn't just "pick the three seasons I want." If you can't understand the logic behind using the three seasons prior to a down year to explain how last season was a down year then this discussion just can't go on. Well, it can't anyway, but stop acting like I randomly picked three of his best seasons to prove my point... no.. I picked a time period between his last major long-term injury and today... quite obvious... no reason to include pre-lockout stats because the game was played different and he was only 23 years old the last game he played before the lockout. He had his breakout year in 05-06 and has been just as consistent ever since.

I understand the logic I dont agree with it. Like i said a great number of players have 2-3 good years then drop down to their average (boyes, cammellari) it is a fact. Also a fact is TC career PPG

I don't know what was going through Lindy's head. TC was struggling early, as was 90% of the Sabres team. Here's the best stats I could find to support my argument:

2009/10 Even Strength Time on Ice: 966:41

2009/10 PP Time On Ice: 272:14

2009/10 SH Time on Ice: 120:06

Total Shits: 1,762

2010/11 Even Strength Time on Ice: 840:31

2010/11 PP Time on Ice: 192:26

2010/11 SH Time on Ice: 117:20

Total Shits: 1,564

Comes as a surprise to me that he got more time on the PK two years ago than last year, but the trend is clear that he got much more ice time all around two years ago as opposed to this past season. I don't know why Lindy gave him so much less time w/ Roy out. Can't answer that one. But the point is last year is the first year since 2005-06 that he didn't produce at a reasonable pace. Maybe he IS on the decline, but when given first line minutes with an exciting young offense in Toronto, I think it's more likely he produces at near or slightly-less than his usual pace.

That's a lot of shits. Imodium anyone? :blink:

It looks like Tim Connolly’s upper-body injury is worse than initially suspected. The Leafs forward was hurt two weeks ago after sliding headfirst towards the boards during training camp, and is back practising with the team. But he appears no closer to returning to the lineup.

Connolly was on the ice for about 45 minutes Monday, and just 15 Tuesday.

“He was sore today, so we backed off and did alternative recovery methods inside the trainer’s room,” head coach Ron Wilson said. “There’s no surgery necessary. He’s improving day to day.”

Wilson would not rule Connolly out for Saturday’s game against Calgary, but he remains doubtful.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/10/11/leafs-connolly-may-not-be-ready-to-return/

It looks like Tim Connolly’s upper-body injury is worse than initially suspected. The Leafs forward was hurt two weeks ago after sliding headfirst towards the boards during training camp, and is back practising with the team. But he appears no closer to returning to the lineup.

“He was sore today, so we backed off and did alternative recovery methods inside the trainer’s room,” head coach Ron Wilson said. “There’s no surgery necessary. He’s improving day to day.”

Wilson would not rule Connolly out for Saturday’s game against Calgary, but he remains doubtful.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/10/11/leafs-connolly-may-not-be-ready-to-return/

Best of luck to the guy, but I've seen alot of leafs bashing sabres fans for 'letting him get away' so haha to them.

He doesn't just fall down on sidewalks anymore? They really need to throw him in that bodpod before practice.

Idk why I am doing this because I think it is wrong to exclude stuff but: If you count every single post lockout year for timmy and do the math his ppg goes to 0.827 which is closer to the ppg pace but still not at it. That averages out to almost what vanek has as his ppg. That being said if you toss out his concussion year post lockout and then do the math he averages 60 games a season which = 49.62 if multiplied by his ppg average.

Either way the guy bottoms out continually right were I am saying he does. Also, ppl can be "injury prone" because some people have weaker bones or tendons or what not and past trauma does not heal fully making them more perceptable to injuries in the future. Considering since the lockout TC has never played more than 73 games in a season and that he is already injured this season, my 45 pt projection still even with the new math looks relatively safe.

Recap: Using your (sportsbuff) math

Average games played a season since the lockout, excluding the year he only played two = 60

His Points per game average for every year post lockout = 0.827

60 x 0.827 = 49.62pts

I'm sorry but there is just no denying that when healthy and used in an offensive role, TC is a productive forward... anyone on this board will agree with that. The problem is and always has been his injuries... I don't buy into someone being "injury prone." He's been unfortunate. If he plays on Toronto's top line as is expected, he will be productive, just like he always has been. You're just assuming he's going to get hurt and miss a large chunk of the season.. that's not how I measure potential, because ANY player on ANY team is at risk of being injured EVERY night..

Based on his history it is a pretty good assumption. Plus he still hasn't played a game yet this year.

Idk why I am doing this because I think it is wrong to exclude stuff but: If you count every single post lockout year for timmy and do the math his ppg goes to 0.827 which is closer to the ppg pace but still not at it. That averages out to almost what vanek has as his ppg. That being said if you toss out his concussion year post lockout and then do the math he averages 60 games a season which = 49.62 if multiplied by his ppg average.

Either way the guy bottoms out continually right were I am saying he does. Also, ppl can be "injury prone" because some people have weaker bones or tendons or what not and past trauma does not heal fully making them more perceptable to injuries in the future. Considering since the lockout TC has never played more than 73 games in a season and that he is already injured this season, my 45 pt projection still even with the new math looks relatively safe.

Recap:

Average games played a season since the lockout, excluding the year he only played two = 60

60 x 0.827 = 49.62pts

Let it go. :D

Based on his history it is a pretty good assumption. Plus he still hasn't played a game yet this year.

Timmy won't make it to 70 games this season if you ask me... Connolly may be out longer than Expected

"The Leafs play six games in a ten-night stretch beginning on Saturday" and he has already missed 2 so he could be up to 8 games missed (leaving only 74 left) within 12 days... 45pts, I'm telling ya

Also TC has played in 28 playoff games over the last 3 playoffs the sabres made and he has 0 goals and 12a... (0.428ppg)

I stand by my prediction and if you want to pull this thread up in march (you won't want to) then have fun.

Recap: Using your (sportsbuff) math

60 x 0.827 = 49.62pts

I love the unintended use of perceptible here instead of susceptible. It makes it sound like he is not injury prone but that he just notices his hangnails and grains of sand in the (whatever the board-acceptable euphemism is for lady parts).

To give my opinion: I do not think Tim was the big wimp that some seem to think. I saw the guy play shortly after shattering his face. I've called in to work because I didn't feel like getting out of bed. You just cannot count on the guy to stay healthy enough to play.

Connolly could be out for two weeks:

The 30-year-old centre revealed the news following a short skate at the Mastercard Centre on Thursday.

"I don't really know if it's day-to-day now," said Connolly, who has yet to play a regular season game with the Leafs this season. "It may a little bit longer, but I can't really speculate. I can't just give you a guess of how long it's going to be. I'd like to just to give you guys some more information, but whether it's a week or two weeks before I'm playing I couldn't tell you."

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=378001

Well, the last 3 pages of this thread were just awful.

Amen.

Sorry had to mention this. Does TC remind anyone else of Samuel L Jackson's character in the movie 'Unbreakable'?

:lol:

Samuel L Jackson's character reminds me of Bruce Willis' character in 'Unbreakable' when being compared to Timmy.

:worthy:

Last two posts - great stuff there.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but 3-4 days ago I picked up TC for my fantasy team. When I saw the latest injury news today I dropped him without ever playing him.

The worst part is that I dropped Gerbe to make room for him.

I hate myself.

That's rough dude. You have to know that Gerbe felt that twinge in the Force. I'm sure you feel a lot better after talking it out though.

Archived