Free Agent Frenzy 2011

spndnchz

Ehrhoff, Richards, Drury, Briere (Trade Roy, 2nd, prospect to PHI)

Vanek Richards Pominville

Ennis Briere Boyes

Hecht Drury Stafford

Gerbe Gaustad Kaleta

Myers Regehr

Ehrhoff Leopold

Sekera/Weber/Gragnani/Morrisonn

CHAMPIONSHIP

I want our captain's back. Redemption shall be ours!

Trade Pomminstein, not Roy.

I also don't think we could afford Briere AND Richards (forget Drury - he's through and wouldn't want to come back here anyway). Briere is 6.5 mil cap hit which would eliminate taking a run at Richards (unless it was something like a 20 year contract, which violates the NHL rules). Roy is only 4 mil for the next two, Pomminstein is 5.3 mil for the next three years. Of course creative accounting can do almost anything.

As much as I'd love to have Briere back, I'd also be very happy to have Richards and Gagne. That would take care of both center and left wing.

Its around 5am out here on the west coast and I can't sleep man. I expect to sleep like a baby tonight. I've never had the anticipation and hope for the future that I have right now for the Sabres. Its such a foreign or alien concept to be in a position of power for the Sabres leading up to and during the free agency period that its hard to wrap my head around it. Darcy, with the help of Saint Pegula are actually setting the market and structuring deals that other teams will soon emulate in their quest to win that venerable silver chalice. For once we're in the drivers seat and I love the view. I imagine its been a sleepless night for the likes of Brian Burke and a few others in the Eastern conference who had designs on making it into the playoffs this season. I expect that the Sabres won't just be squeeking in but may lead start to finish if their aggressive moves bring about the results many believe will come. Fellow Sabre fans,seize the day, sit back and enjoy the friggin ride. Its gonna be a thing of beauty.

To my fellow Canadians, Happy Canada day!

To my many American friends here and elsewhere, Happy 4th of July weekend! Enjoy!

What a crazy day this is sure to be. I'll be less than productive here at work for sure and then I'm loading up the van and hitting the road with the family to head up to Buffalo....I mean Pegulaville for a week. I'm going to need to drug my wife and kids so I can follow all the updates from the road with no distractions.

I need a complaint thread today. My last leg home boards about 1245 and doesnkt touch down til 3:45. Imma miss most of the fun I'm thinkin.

Do they have internet you can buy? It's usually not to expensive. PRIORITIES MAN!!!!!!

I need a complaint thread today. My last leg home boards about 1245 and doesnkt touch down til 3:45. Imma miss most of the fun I'm thinkin.

Not really. Nothing happens until about 3:00p anyway.

One concern for the teams targeting Richards... they will have to wait until Richards makes his decision before going after lower profile free agents (i.e. will have to reserve much of their available cap space for Richards). So there may actually be some advantage to the team that don't target Richards in signing the lower profile guys early.

Any word on our RFA's (Enroth, MAG, Etc.)? We did extend offers to all of them right?

Darcy said in an interview that all but Mancari had been qualified, but a poster on here listed some other second-tier prospects that apparently weren't tendered either. Forgot their names, sorry.

Archived