Free Agent Frenzy 2011

spndnchz

hes old and doesnt do a lot, i like Goose better. We need a 1/2 center more so I am ok with this. Might mean that Philly is less in on Richards as well.

Goose has a lot better FO% however Handzus scores more and may be a good second PP unit guy. With how thin the pool is, I thought he'd be a good third line guy

A bigger body who scores just as much but has had even better years in the past.

He has also won a stanley cup and can provide some leadership.

Cost's $3.73M more than Roy towards the cap for someone who, as you said, scores just as much. He is also 3 years older than Roy. He's also signed through 2020 with that cap hit ($7.73M). I'd rather just hang onto Roy.

@TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Confirming DET signing Drew Miller to 2 year deal paying him $800K in first year and $850K in second year.

I actually thought he may be a Sabre pickup so the brothers could play together.

@DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

as per @GinoRedaTSN, LA Kings have arrived at Newport offices to meet with Brad Richards and agent Pat Morris.

I hope we get Brad Richards but if the contract money & length get retarded, I won't be too sad if we don't. With 12 forwards signed already & 4 RFAs needing to be resigned (assuming you want to keep Sekera, Weber & Gragnani - Enroth will of course be resigned), it's hard to see our $7 million in cap space going far enough short of making other roster moves (people seem to want to offload Morrison & his $2 million cap hit pretty bad). Extending Tyler Myers after this season is also a big x factor to consider. All that said, I'd say we are in the running for B. Richards and if he doesn't become a Sabre, I believe in the new found ability of Regier/Black/Pegula to trade for a top center.

@DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

as per @GinoRedaTSN, LA Kings have arrived at Newport offices to meet with Brad Richards and agent Pat Morris.

Imagine their surprise when the door to the office finally opens and out walks a smiling Darcy Regier.

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

I am told not only has Handzus not signed with PHI, there hasn't been contact between PHI and Handzus camp.

Just heard that and even got reported the same on NHL website. Even the reporters are getting wacked with misinfo.

That's funny. You have teams meeting directly, and Leafs waiting for call. Why isn't Burke down there in line?

Because the Leafs don't call people. People call them.

Which is one reason why they haven't sniffed the Cup since 1967.

Archived