Free Agent Frenzy 2011

spndnchz

Last year I sub-titled this "Welfare Christmas in Buffalo".

My how things have changed.

Pegula's our man, DR has found his feet and LR's got to be pumped.

Regehr signed.

Ehrhoff rights.

Gerbe on his way back.

Myers sure to be re-signed.

Vanek as Captain?

Miller switching up for the WTF wave to the oh hell yeah (OHY) wave.

Richards' possible.

Feel the force young Jedi, succeed u will.

discalimer: reliable sources and while we'll believe most of it, back it up with an explanatory link.

GO SABRES!!!!!!

So, same question.

All over the league, who goes first?

I think it was Biron last year.

Complete Conjecture; Ed Jovanovski back to Florida. He will be sufficiently over paid to help them with their cap (floor) issues and was part of the classic Panthers teams that were, ya know, popular. He would also add veteran leadership to a team that is short on players, let alone veterans.

I'm already at the point where I'm refreshing the site every five minutes. At 730 am. The day BEFORE free agency starts. Tomorrow is going to be unbearable; I may just leave the office at 1 and find a place that has (1) drinks, (2) Wi-Fi and (3) NHLN.

No, that would be awfully similar to last year's signing of Nieds.

How so? Nieds had no history with bolting out of Buffalo for then-greener pastures.

As far as my guess on the actual first move--Simon Gagne to LA. I don't see how Tampa can re-sign him and the former Philly ties now in LA make this a natural fit.

Not suggesting it will happen, but wouldn't Drury to Buffalo as the first move be a telling-story as to how things have changed?

That would be very disappointing. Taking on broken pieces when clearly the current flavour is to spend money wisely and improve the product to the point of becoming a flagship franchise for the league would be not only counter productive but foolish.

Not suggesting it will happen, but wouldn't Drury to Buffalo as the first move be a telling-story as to how things have changed?

Do you understand that time does not stand still for anyone? Chris Drury circa 2005-2007 no longer exists. Comparing him to Rob is a near-perfect analogy.

So, same question.

All over the league, who goes first?

I think it was Biron last year.

I am gonna say Fleishman... idk why but i am going to go out on a limb for that guy.

I am excited for tomorrow but have to spend all day at my desk so hopefully I can check on stuff since my boss is out of the office for the 4th of july weekend.

Do you understand that time does not stand still for anyone? Chris Drury circa 2005-2007 no longer exists. Comparing him to Rob is a near-perfect analogy.

Except for the minor details about Drury being a former Sabre and the bitter separation which was kinda my point...agree, near perfect.

I get the fact that Drury has more mileage on the tires. Not suggesting or even wishing for it, just making an observation.

Except for the minor details about Drury being a former Sabre and the bitter separation which was kinda my point...agree, near perfect.

I guess Mike Grier might be a good example then too if that's the angle you're looking for. Things didn't end so well with him either, yet he was brought back. So again, I'm not sure how it would somehow be a sign of change.

Archived