Confirmed: Sabres sign Ehrhoff

Punch

No I don't realize anything... I don't know jack about hockey or what goes on in this league... <_<

Do you realize that Mike Richards is a #1 center and Staal is a 2 at best so ergo he would return less of a package? Staal is a good physical player but he is not worth more than a top prospect, a player (sekera isnt a young player?) and a 1st rounder? that is almost as much as Philly got for richards... this board in general has some weird value of their players and then others around the league...

PS: Who would have thought you would get Regehr for what we got him for?

wow, your complete lack of any sort of content in that post should be a surprise but it's not. Congrats for being a boring person who thinks they know everything and that "I'm right and you are wrong!" mentality is the exact reason this country is so screwed and will probably cease being a world superpower within the next 15 years.

Also, thanks for attacking me and please hit -1 on more of my posts, having a -190 whatever rating really does hurt me to the core... o wait no it doesn't :thumbsup:

ps: your and idiot if you think Staal is equal to M. Richards

So...everyone else on the board is wrong about Pittsburgh not being willing to accept Sekera, a prospect and a pick for Staal (and weren't you the one who proposed Stafford, a prospect and a pick for Malkin?), but Ink is the one who thinks he knows everything?

Also: despite your space cadet trade proposals being consistently out to lunch, nobody else really cares about your negative rating, so it really isn't worth mentioning all the time.

Also: as silly as these trade proposals are, when they get criticized, it's generally the idea that gets criticized -- not you personally -- so you might want to refrain from calling another poster "and idiot."

So...everyone else on the board is wrong about Pittsburgh not being willing to accept Sekera, a prospect and a pick for Staal (and weren't you the one who proposed Stafford, a prospect and a pick for Malkin?), but Ink is the one who thinks he knows everything?

Also: despite your space cadet trade proposals being consistently out to lunch, nobody else really cares about your negative rating, so it really isn't worth mentioning all the time.

Also: as silly as these trade proposals are, when they get criticized, it's generally the idea that gets criticized -- not you personally -- so you might want to refrain from calling another poster "and idiot."

hmm nope I am good. And calling me a space cadet is not the same as calling someone an idiot? Also I am still waiting for a good reason why other than you say so. Why is Staal a 2nd line center worth more than Richards a 1st line center? Its not 1999 anymore, the game is different and therfore staal is a good second liner. O and its not the idea being criticized its the whole Ive been on the board longer and no more thing going on which I get. Also I bring up the negative rating thing because I am trying to see how low I can go. Maybe if it gets negative enough you will all get your wish and SDS will ban me from posting my "space cadet" ideas.

Also when pitts trades one of there centers we can revisit this discussion.

Also I love how Weber (shea) is worth like a pick and a player like vanek but Malkin or Staal are untouchable... its interesting that this stupid conversation has made it this far when the original premise was Id rather trade for a center because we dont need another freaking defensmen. Thankfully smarter ppl then all of us run the sabres.

o yea and i am still waiting for some genuine reason why richards package does not apply to Staal?

hmm nope I am good. And calling me a space cadet is not the same as calling someone an idiot? Also I am still waiting for a good reason why other than you say so. Why is Staal a 2nd line center worth more than Richards a 1st line center? Its not 1999 anymore, the game is different and therfore staal is a good second liner. O and its not the idea being criticized its the whole Ive been on the board longer and no more thing going on which I get. Also I bring up the negative rating thing because I am trying to see how low I can go. Maybe if it gets negative enough you will all get your wish and SDS will ban me from posting my "space cadet" ideas.

Also when pitts trades one of there centers we can revisit this discussion.

Also I love how Weber (shea) is worth like a pick and a player like vanek but Malkin or Staal are untouchable... its interesting that this stupid conversation has made it this far when the original premise was Id rather trade for a center because we dont need another freaking defensmen. Thankfully smarter ppl then all of us run the sabres.

o yea and i am still waiting for some genuine reason why richards package does not apply to Staal?

I didn't call you a space cadet. Read my post again.

Did anyone say anything about being on the board longer? Do all of the posters who joined when you did or later have their posts criticized the way your trade proposals do? Has anyone said anything about banning you?

Discussing a trade for Weber makes sense because his arbitration and 1-year deal, and Nashville's limited budget, make it very possible that he'll be traded. This is apples and oranges to Pittsburgh, which has plenty of money and Malkin and Staal under contract, and which won a Cup and went to another finals with those 2 constituting 2/3 of their core.

As for Richards, it seems pretty clear that there were locker room and chemistry issues in Philly that resulted in him and Richards (unwisely, IMHO) being shipped out. If the same were true in Pittsburgh (either the Richards circumstances or the Weber circumstances), I'd be very interested in discussing trades for Staal. But as it is, the situations are not comparable.

You are right that if Pitt trades one of these guys, we can revisit this discussion. I hope we don't do so until then, because it's about as silly as the Stamkos and Eric Staal "ideas."

You've got the cart ahead of the horse here. Neither of those two players go anywhere until Crosby has a full season at full performance under his belt. He's still suffering effects from his concussion. If he is still not up to elite level this time next year Staal and Malkin won't go anywhere.

Fair enuff, I completely agree, but I do also see Crosby demanding whatever money he wants because, ###### it it's Crosby 'the new great one'. Ahem.

I didn't call you a space cadet. Read my post again.

Did anyone say anything about being on the board longer? Do all of the posters who joined when you did or later have their posts criticized the way your trade proposals do? Has anyone said anything about banning you?

Discussing a trade for Weber makes sense because his arbitration and 1-year deal, and Nashville's limited budget, make it very possible that he'll be traded. This is apples and oranges to Pittsburgh, which has plenty of money and Malkin and Staal under contract, and which won a Cup and went to another finals with those 2 constituting 2/3 of their core.

As for Richards, it seems pretty clear that there were locker room and chemistry issues in Philly that resulted in him and Richards (unwisely, IMHO) being shipped out. If the same were true in Pittsburgh (either the Richards circumstances or the Weber circumstances), I'd be very interested in discussing trades for Staal. But as it is, the situations are not comparable.

You are right that if Pitt trades one of these guys, we can revisit this discussion. I hope we don't do so until then, because it's about as silly as the Stamkos and Eric Staal "ideas."

the sabres trading for Weber does not make sense. I didn't start any of the Stamkos or Eric Staal trade talk. As far as locker room chemistry, there are more factors than 1 that can justify a trade. Pittsburg has and will continue to have cap issues with 17.4mil tied up in 2 players who play the exact same position. Thank you for at least providing a reason why you did not think it was viable other than "i'm right and your wrong"

the sabres trading for Weber does not make sense. I didn't start any of the Stamkos or Eric Staal trade talk. As far as locker room chemistry, there are more factors than 1 that can justify a trade. Pittsburg has and will continue to have cap issues with 17.4mil tied up in 2 players who play the exact same position. Thank you for at least providing a reason why you did not think it was viable other than "i'm right and your wrong"

Pittsburgh has no cap issues this season and next. They won't have any issues until 2013 when Crosby's contract is up. They have absloutely no sense of urgency this year.

Cap Geek P-burgh

wow, your complete lack of any sort of content in that post should be a surprise but it's not.

Either you have been following my posts at a stalker level or you are just making things up.

Congrats for being a boring person who thinks they know everything and that "I'm right and you are wrong!" mentality is the exact reason this country is so screwed and will probably cease being a world superpower within the next 15 years.

Not sure what any of this has to do with anything...and you don't know me.

Also, thanks for attacking me and please hit -1 on more of my posts, having a -190 whatever rating really does hurt me to the core... o wait no it doesn't :thumbsup:

Didn't think it was much of an attack just a rebuttal. I didn't rate your post (well, not until 5 minutes ago).

ps: your and idiot if you think Staal is equal to M. Richards

I love Richards as a player but I think you are clearly undervaluing Staal here. He would easily be a number 2 center on every team in the NHL outside of the Pens. Give him a couple of nifty wingers and his numbers would be close to Richards'.

I love Richards as a player but I think you are clearly undervaluing Staal here. He would easily be a number 2 center on every team in the NHL outside of the Pens. Give him a couple of nifty wingers and his numbers would be close to Richards'.

Also you are suggesting that a 3rd line center who is probably actually more of a good 2nd line center is worth way more than Sekera (puck moving defensemen with huge upside) Kassian or similar top prospect and a 1st round pick... after seeing what Carter and Richards were traded for I have to disagree with that assessment and say that a current NHL player, a top prospect and a pick with Pittsburg actually dumping salary would make this move a very good one for them and a bit of an overpayment for the sabres.

Do you realize that Mike Richards is a #1 center and Staal is a 2 at best so ergo he would return less of a package?

Why is Staal a 2nd line center worth more than Richards a 1st line center? Its not 1999 anymore, the game is different and therfore staal is a good second liner.

You are right Staal is a 2nd line center. I've stated that in 3 separate posts.

2 problems with the Staal and Richards theory of wingers:

1) Staal will never have good wingers on his current team because they spend all of their money on centers (when it comes to forwards).

2) If you put Gaustad on a line with Bobby Ryan and Ovechkin his numbers would go up, so I think it may be an error to use that logic here but I do not at all disagree with the premise. If Staal had Stafford and Ennnis he would be dropping 70pt seasons no problem. Staal has more skills than he is able to showcase on the pens and would be a valuable addition to any team.

I believe as I have been saying within the next 2 years barring injuries to Crosby, Malkin or Staal will be traded.

No I don't realize anything... I don't know jack about hockey or what goes on in this league... <_<

I know I'm a little late to this party, but I'm glad to see you are finally on board. Acceptance is the 1st step towards growth and self-awareness.

:thumbsup:

You are right Staal is a 2nd line center. I've stated that in 3 separate posts.

2 problems with the Staal and Richards theory of wingers:

1) Staal will never have good wingers on his current team because they spend all of their money on centers (when it comes to forwards).

2) If you put Gaustad on a line with Bobby Ryan and Ovechkin his numbers would go up, so I think it may be an error to use that logic here but I do not at all disagree with the premise. If Staal had Stafford and Ennnis he would be dropping 70pt seasons no problem. Staal has more skills than he is able to showcase on the pens and would be a valuable addition to any team.

I believe as I have been saying within the next 2 years barring injuries to Crosby, Malkin or Staal will be traded.

As much as I don't really care about this topic, am I the only other person besides Liger that thinks this statement is spot on. I actually see Malkin being traded before Staal. Not for some time, but it will be a lot of money tied up in three centers and it's a commodity that they will get a lot in return for.

As much as I don't really care about this topic, am I the only other person besides Liger that thinks this statement is spot on. I actually see Malkin being traded before Staal. Not for some time, but it will be a lot of money tied up in three centers and it's a commodity that they will get a lot in return for.

1. Crosby is already injured with no return in sight. Malkin and Staal go nowhere until Crosby is back to form. And given the nature of his injury, that may be never.

2. Pittsburgh has no incentive to move either of them any time soon. They are in a good place cap-wise. They can afford to find wingers (their only real need) without moving a big name.

My opinion, *IF* Crosby is back to form this season Pitt might be moved to deal a center if their wingers still aren't producining. But we all have seen how much more important center depth is than winger depth. I think it takes a real problem with winger depth and a fully healthy Crosby for Pitt to even consider moving one of those two players.

No, you aren't alone. I feel that one of those 2 will be traded within the next 2 years, and my money is on Malkin. It's not as if they were asking around to gauge his trade interests just for spits and jiggles.

The only way I'd see them keeping Malkin over Staal, is due to his star power. Maybe Staal can generate some more of his own this year.

2. Pittsburgh has no incentive to move either of them any time soon. They are in a good place cap-wise. They can afford to find wingers (their only real need) without moving a big name.

This depends on what another team might offer in a package for Staal or Malkin. THATS where the incentive kicks in. If #87 comes back, another team could offer a deal that just might be too juicy for them to refuse.

1. Crosby is already injured with no return in sight. Malkin and Staal go nowhere until Crosby is back to form. And given the nature of his injury, that may be never.

My opinion, *IF* Crosby is back to form this season Pitt might be moved to deal a center if their wingers still aren't producining. But we all have seen how much more important center depth is than winger depth. I think it takes a real problem with winger depth and a fully healthy Crosby for Pitt to even consider moving one of those two players.

Pittsburgh traded for a pretty good winger last year.

It's not as if they were asking around to gauge his trade interests just for spits and jiggles.

Link? I don't believe this has been reported by any credible source.

Here is my bottom line: I will bet anyone here, for cash, Sabres merchandise, charitable contribution, bragging rights or other stakes, with 2-1 odds, that none of the big 3 centers will be traded in the next 2 years.

Link? I don't believe this has been reported by any credible source.

Here is my bottom line: I will bet anyone here, for cash, Sabres merchandise, charitable contribution, bragging rights or other stakes, with 2-1 odds, that none of the big 3 centers will be traded in the next 2 years.

All 3 of them have injury problems.

Does this increase the odds of one being traded?

Archived