All About Darcy Regier

darksabre

Does it feel good to trash talk the man on such a level when in reality you know nothing about him personally? Pure foolishness.

I bet personally he might be a great guy, someone you wouldn't mind going for a beer with, or helping build a deck in your backyard. As GM of an NHL hockey team, he has over a decade of work that he can be judged on and people can make decisions based on

There is an AHL and an ECHL and an SEL and a KHL and I could go on, Mr. Smartypants.

Do Pro Scouts cover those leagues too, or is that something that the Amateur scouts cover?

I don't know if its the same in the US as Canada, but here, with my cable and getting the Sports package with Centre ice, I can get the games from some of those leagues too.

:lol:

I think Regier is dragging Connolly along in case a deal can be made for a top-notch center. Say for instance, we are able to land Richards, wouldn't it be the best move financially to make to let Connolly walk and bring up the reigning AHL POY in Adams?

All this talk about Brad Richards is making me crazy!!!!!!!

Richards is 30 years old, coming off lowering production and a concussion. He wants 8 years and $50-55 million dollars.

Why spend 50-55 million on a 30 year old center, when you can give up 4 1st round picks, and spend the same money on a 22 year old who by the way 2 years ago tied for the most goals in the NHL.

If the Sabres go after any big time center, my money's on Stamkos.

I could very easily see Tyler Myers and Steve Stamkos becoming the major building blocks of the new sabres regime.

Also expect Ehroff announcement regarding that he has signed with buffalo tonight or first thing in am. Reports out of NY indicate that Ehroff requested rights traded to buffalo and didn't want to play for Islanders. Also don't be suprises in Ehroff takes a little less then Bieska did in Vancover to play in Buffalo. Ehroff is apparently very big on playing in one of the top hockey markets in the NHL

All this talk about Brad Richards is making me crazy!!!!!!!

Richards is 30 years old, coming off lowering production and a concussion. He wants 8 years and $50-55 million dollars.

Why spend 50-55 million on a 30 year old center, when you can give up 4 1st round picks, and spend the same money on a 22 year old who by the way 2 years ago tied for the most goals in the NHL.

If the Sabres go after any big time center, my money's on Stamkos.

I could very easily see Tyler Myers and Steve Stamkos becoming the major building blocks of the new sabres regime.

Also expect Ehroff announcement regarding that he has signed with buffalo tonight or first thing in am. Reports out of NY indicate that Ehroff requested rights traded to buffalo and didn't want to play for Islanders. Also don't be suprises in Ehroff takes a little less then Bieska did in Vancover to play in Buffalo. Ehroff is apparently very big on playing in one of the top hockey markets in the NHL

The same money for Richards won't get you Stamkos. Realistically, to pry Stamoks from TB, your looking at at least $12m/yr , at least, whereas Richards can be had for about 3/4 of that.

Saved the franchise. I will never forget.

Look at what the NHL has done to keep a team in Phoenix. No way the Sabres were ever on the verge of leaving. If not Tommy G, then someone else.

But you're right, it makes a nice story, and we don't have to hate him. He didn't buy the team solely for his own personal political and financial benefit.

Look at what the NHL has done to keep a team in Phoenix. No way the Sabres were ever on the verge of leaving. If not Tommy G, then someone else.

But you're right, it makes a nice story, and we don't have to hate him. He didn't buy the team solely for his own personal political and financial benefit.

Paul Allen had money on the table to take the Sabres to Seattle. If no local owner stepped up, we'd be an AHL city now.

PTR

Archived