All About Darcy Regier

darksabre

The reason Darcy has maintained his job so long is because he adapts his strategy to that of his owner to the best of his ability. Given the choice, I believe he enjoys Pegula's philosophy.

He's a "yes" man. If Regier disagrees with anything Pegula wants done I doubt he has the stones to say so.

He's a "yes" man. If Regier disagrees with anything Pegula wants done I doubt he has the stones to say so.

While I'm certain that he would voice his opinion, it would be job suicide to refuse what his boss wants done. I think we've all worked for a boss at some time or another - enough to appreciate that fact.

While I'm certain that he would voice his opinion, it would be job suicide to refuse what his boss wants done. I think we've all worked for a boss at some time or another - enough to appreciate that fact.

He's not an accountant at some firm. To try and compare a GM of a professional sports teams to the a average person is ridiculous. Do you think Scotty Bowman is a "yes-man?" Lou Lamoriello? Brian Burke?

I will agree with you in one point. That Regier is more concerned about keeping his job than winning a Stanley Cup.

You are trying to justify your negative opinion of him while he was handcuffed by Quinn. It's easy to see.

He's not an accountant at some firm. To try and compare a GM of a professional sports teams to the a average person is ridiculous. Do you think Scotty Bowman is a "yes-man?" Lou Lamoriello? Brian Burke?

He signed Kovy, didn't he?

(Note: I am joking, because I don't know for sure that he was told to sign him. However, it is widely believed that the Kovy trade/signing was an owner-mandated move.)

I will agree with you in one point. That Regier is more concerned about keeping his job than winning a Stanley Cup.

Same thing...doing what the boss wants. I'll spell it out for you. Golisano tells him to work within a limited budget and that the bottom line is always his first priority. Quinn is there to see that Darcy tows the line. So naturally he does exactly that and we all saw what happened.

TP comes in and changes the parameters. So now we'll see how Darcy performs without constraints. It hasn't happened before.

I'm not saying that Darcy hasn't made mistakes, but I think all GMs have at some time or another. And I'm not saying that Darcy is a legend as a GM. But he may be more competent than you give him credit for.

Bowman, Burke, Lamoriello, all of them were able to work without constraints. They probably wouldn't have signed on with an owner who would. If you want to fault Regier, then blame him for signing on with owners who won't give him free reign.

(Note: I am joking, because I don't know for sure that he was told to sign him. However, it is widely believed that the Kovy trade/signing was an owner-mandated move.)

Whoever mandated it was stupid. Doesn't really matter who.

Same thing...doing what the boss wants. I'll spell it out for you. Golisano tells him to work within a limited budget and that the bottom line is always his first priority. Quinn is there to see that Darcy tows the line. So naturally he does exactly that and we all saw what happened.

TP comes in and changes the parameters. So now we'll see how Darcy performs without constraints. It hasn't happened before.

I'm not saying that Darcy hasn't made mistakes, but I think all GMs have at some time or another. And I'm not saying that Darcy is a legend as a GM. But he may be more competent than you give him credit for.

Bowman, Burke, Lamoriello, all of them were able to work without constraints. They probably wouldn't have signed on with an owner who would. If you want to fault Regier, then blame him for signing on with owners who won't give him free reign.

It has, and he did well.

I'm sorry, do you know Darcy Regier personally?......*crickets*..... yea that's what I thought. Instead of slandering Regier, maybe you should try doing something productive like reading a Book and getting a handle on that yap.

"Yes man"? I prefer "puppet", they have no backbone and do whatever their puppet master says

The people who have no backbones are the BACKBITERS who spend their time thinking they are big shots while crapping on someone else who they don't even know. Of course that's just my "opinion"

I'm sorry, do you know Darcy Regier personally?......*crickets*..... yea that's what I thought. Instead of slandering Regier, maybe you should try doing something productive like reading a Book and getting a handle on that yap.

So now no one is allowed to be negative about someone???

What do we need to know about him personally? We have all heard him talk at press conferences year after year, we have all seen what he has done over the years at the trade deadline and in the offseason. All GM's hyave a budget/restraints, and as I have said before, he has no problem overpaying for his own guys, and that ends up eating alot of his budget. If the conditions were so bad for him to build a team, he could have always walked away and not re-signed with the team. If he is really as good as everyone says here, he would have no problem getting a new GM job in the NHL

Perspective, people.

It's one trade. Nothing more, nothing less. Save the Kool-aid for when the season is well underway. We all were googly-eyes after Rivet was picked up too. There's LOTS of work to be done before the judging can even be started. This one looks great on the pages of an internet forum, but there is a long time before the trade can be evaluated with any objectivity. And there are at least two more moves that need to be made.

Premature excitation.

Does it feel good to trash talk the man on such a level when in reality you know nothing about him personally? Pure foolishness.

"Personally",No, I don't know him and don't care to. I've seen him as GM of the Buffalo Sabres for 14 years and feel that my opinions are not only just but also accurate.

The best player in hockey over the last part of the season?

Looking at the level of overall play Lemaire was able to extract from Kovi shows what a great move that was. It will be interesting to see how he plays with Parise.

just a quick question, didnt i read that the pro scouts were cut under golisano so that would partially explain some of the bad acquisitions under DR during those times? I dont want to make excuses for him but lets wait a few days before we pronounce him a horrendous GM. I dropped my hardline stance of hating DR and am willing to wait and see what he can do.

Perspective, people.

It's one trade. Nothing more, nothing less. Save the Kool-aid for when the season is well underway. We all were googly-eyes after Rivet was picked up too. There's LOTS of work to be done before the judging can even be started. This one looks great on the pages of an internet forum, but there is a long time before the trade can be evaluated with any objectivity. And there are at least two more moves that need to be made.

Premature excitation.

To be fair, it was one great trade. Regier deserves all the credit he gets on this one trade. Probably the best of his career.

just a quick question, didnt i read that the pro scouts were cut under golisano so that would partially explain some of the bad acquisitions under DR during those times? I dont want to make excuses for him but lets wait a few days before we pronounce him a horrendous GM. I dropped my hardline stance of hating DR and am willing to wait and see what he can do.

Pro Scouts? If you have the Center Ice Package you have all the pro scouts you need.

To be fair, it was one great trade. Regier deserves all the credit he gets on this one trade. Probably the best of his career.

How can you know that when Regehr hasn't even played one game for us? The trade for Briere was his greatest trade in my book. It blows away this one if for no other reason than we didn't have to take a borderline AHLer like Kotalik.

But ur boss won't continue to pay you the same money after u leave, Pegula has to. For all the talk about Pegs got $, buy out Kotalik, if he didn't want DR here, he'd be gone. Job suicide maybe, but he's got nothin' to lose.

The best player in hockey over the last part of the season?

Looking at the level of overall play Lemaire was able to extract from Kovi shows what a great move that was. It will be interesting to see how he plays with Parise.

Doesn't change the fact that, assuming the rumors are true, he signed him because he was told to, not because he wanted to. If true (again, I don't know they are), then that would make him a yes man, too, whether it works out or not.

Archived