Good whisky/whiskey

biodork

This year's treat for our Christmas gathering is a homemade Americanized version of Irish cream.

Whip 3 eggs until good and fluffy. With the mixer still running, add 2 cups of bourbon (or keep it traditional with Irish whiskey), 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, an equal amount of heavy cream, 1 Tbls of Hershey's chocolate syrup, and 1 Tsp of vanilla extract.

Supposedly it will last for a few weeks in the fridge. I bet it doesn't last the day.

It has a texture like egg nog. Sub half and half for the heavy cream and it lightens up a bit. I used Evan Williams and half and half, and evaporated milk + 1 cup sugar instead of the sweetened condensed milk. The chocolate flavor is subtle. It is dangerously delicious.

Sounds like a great post-workout shake.

They sell gum and kit kits at your liquor store? Lucky!

That probably came out more condescending than intended, but I had to have some fun with the marketing that put chocolate flavored liquor in the same area that results in so many parents buying candy to shut their kids up.

Kids and their sweet tooth.  :P

That probably came out more condescending than intended, but I had to have some fun with the marketing that put chocolate flavored liquor in the same area that results in so many parents buying candy to shut their kids up.

Kids and their sweet tooth. :P

I don't eat sweets(fudge shop cookies not withstanding)! But I don't like fruity booze. I went in to buy Buffalo Trace, I found a coupon which brought the bird dog chocolate down to 12 bucks so I grabbed it in a "eh, why not" moment.

Just had a small taste...I'm not sure about it. The chocolate is definitely right there. Wasn't awful. Will probably finish the bottle.

OK, upon further review: chocolate booze is sweet as fcuk! Too much.

Reminds me of the time a buddy of mine made honey flavored vodka with the honey from his bee hives and we spent 2 hours after work drinking shots out of Dixie cups in the parking lot behind a diner at 3am.

Edited by ubkev

OK, upon further review: chocolate booze is sweet as fcuk! Too much.

Reminds me of the time a buddy of mine made honey flavored vodka with the honey from his bee hives and we spent 2 hours after work drinking shots out of Dixie cups in the parking lot behind a diner at 3am.

He should have fermented the honey first... just saying. :)

It won't be for everyone's palate (it's sharp), but this Ebriate enjoys Penderyn. I first had it in Wales at the base of the hill in Harlech with a lamb shank (what else?). Found that Total Wine & More carries it here in the Seattle area. Madeira casks. Smooth finish if you can hang with; like I said, kind of sharp up front. I typically add a splash (1/2 tsp) of water to open it up.

• 2 months later...

Over 2 months and no whiskey talk? Boy, haven't missed much have I?

Should I buy the Weller SR 1.75 for $48? Not really a great value pour anymore.

BIB seems to be the way to go nowadays.

Weller is still one of my favs, but no, its not a value pour anymore. That price works out to about $27 per liter. Thats not too bad, but not like the golden days.

• 4 weeks later...

Any ever have teeling, single grain cabernet cask.... It's simply delicious, when your pour it, it looks light, and almost like it's going to disappoint, but that flavor... Damn, the cask is hard to get, I have a friend that is a distributor and I always get a call when this or then nice pappy VW is available.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.