Tim Connolly

Dorlack

Question, should Carter receive a suspension for that hit? Maybe should be a separate discussion.

Carter is already sitting, but Richards should definitely sit game seven. Won't happen though because Colin Campbell is a eunuch.

Richards not Carter. And I think it was bush league, but then again TC went down pretty easily

Sorry, I get them confused sometimes?? Especially after Easter dinner.... You are right of course Richards.

Yes easily because Richards had a hold of him before he gave him the shove. I view it as intentional against a guy with a history of concussions. Sorry, but if the Sabres lose Connolly, Richards should sit.

Sorry, I get them confused sometimes?? Especially after Easter dinner.... You are right of course Richards.

Yes easily because Richards had a hold of him before he gave him the shove. I view it as intentional against a guy with a history of concussions. Sorry, but if the Sabres lose Connolly, Richards should sit.

Should have had a 5 and a game. And we should have won it on that 5 on 3. Richards is getting away with Murder.

Should have had a 5 and a game. And we should have won it on that 5 on 3. Richards is getting away with Murder.

Yes, but I'd prefer not to hear a single Sabres player, coach, exec, or other representative complain. Let the league do what it does, and let Filly play The Crying Game. (We all know how that ends!)

I'm sure that it was Timmy's last game in blue and gold. I also think if it is another concussion, it might be time to hang 'em up for good. I think he might be risking serious long term health consequences if he keeps going. Hope it is something other than a concussion like a neck injury or something else.

OK, I'm donning a flame proof suit right now.

I'm not sure I see it as an overly dirty play. If Richards plays the body, which he should, I don't know that he can avoid putting Connolly into the boards head first. The only way Connolly doesn't get hurt is if Richards doesn't play the body I think. I would want a player on my team to make that play pretty much exactly the same way.

I dunno. I don't have overly strong feelings about it. I guess someone should convince me otherwise. Show me what I'm not seeing.

OK, I'm donning a flame proof suit right now.

I'm not sure I see it as an overly dirty play. If Richards plays the body, which he should, I don't know that he can avoid putting Connolly into the boards head first. The only way Connolly doesn't get hurt is if Richards doesn't play the body I think. I would want a player on my team to make that play pretty much exactly the same way.

I dunno. I don't have overly strong feelings about it. I guess someone should convince me otherwise. Show me what I'm not seeing.

What you're not seeing is Richards using his hand to grab Connolly's left shoulder and shove him downward into the glass and boards. The hit itself was illegal because it was from behind and on a defenseless player, but what sent it over the top was the shove. Had he checked him with his body, Connolly probably goes in standing straight up and doesn't hit the glass with the crown of his helmet.

I have no idea how he was not given a 5 and a game for that. And just to add salt to the wound, who assisted on Hartnell's tying goal? Richards. Screw him. I'm for Weber or McCormick killing him.

i definitely thought he was gone for 5 and the game. if that had happened in late march, he would've gotten 2-4 games. but i don't expect a star player to get suspended for a game 7. this is the nhl, after all. :wallbash:

At this point in the year I think the NHL will not do anything. If this was week one of the NHL season I think Richards gets a game suspension. That's just the way the NHL works. If the Sabres have a problem with that they will need to police it themselves. Probably next year and not in a game 7.

That being said, what is Connolly thinking? When I watch that replay Connolly really puts himself in a vulnerable position. For a guy with his meidcal history he needs to learn how to brace himself for contact. He shouldn't count on the other players to look out for his safety.

Paging Mike Weber, Mike Richards needs to beaten... with a your fists, body, stick and anything else you can muster up. Usually not like this but Richards should taught a lesson by a sabres player if the league sees no reason to suspend him. By that I am referring to the ottawa game where drury got cheap shotted. Time to make the flyers either lose or be so banged up that their next opponent will be high fiving the sabres and saying good job boys.

Archived