Tim Connolly

Dorlack

You do know Tyler Myers had twice as many giveaways in the regular season as Connolly, right? And that Montador, Sekera, Leopold, and Vanek all had more? And that Weber had as many with 10 fewer games?

Further, Connolly's been credited with 1 giveaway so far in the playoffs. Twelve others on the team have been credited for more, up to a high of 4 by Myers and Pominville.

You do know Tyler Myers had twice as many giveaways in the regular season as Connolly, right? And that Montador, Sekera, Leopold, and Vanek all had more? And that Weber had as many with 10 fewer games?

Further, Connolly's been credited with 1 giveaway so far in the playoffs. Twelve others on the team have been credited for more, up to a high of 4 by Myers and Pominville.

Do they have stats on how many more times Tyler handled the puck then Timmy? Because I bet its a lot more times.

How much longer do we have to watch Connolly turn over a puck, or refuse to shoot a goal? Can his game turn around? Or is he a lost cause?

2 more games minimum. Upwards of 23 if all goes well.

*tick tock tick tock*

Thanks for the feed back guys. I have always been a fan of TC, but now is so frustrating to watch him play. I was hoping for a turn around like we saw with Briere.

I don't hate TC, but he is never gonna be the player everyone once thought he was gonna be........ :beer:

Thanks for this. Connolly is a popular punching bag with a lot of Sabres fans but he's far from the only problem on this team and he's done great on the penalty kill. I'd definitely like to see more shots come from his stick and some great passing would be a big boost as well especially given his reputation as a good set up man, but he hasn't been the turnover machine people portray him as.

i'm all done with him. he's got talent, sure, but it's useless when he's afraid of getting hit...which is a big part of the playoffs...which is really the only part of the season that matters.

his money could buy someone that honestly gives a poop about winning.

Thanks for this. Connolly is a popular punching bag with a lot of Sabres fans but he's far from the only problem on this team and he's done great on the penalty kill. I'd definitely like to see more shots come from his stick and some great passing would be a big boost as well especially given his reputation as a good set up man, but he hasn't been the turnover machine people portray him as.

Definitely a punching bag, ala Howard Ballard or Lonnie Johnson (shudder) for the Bills. I think we have a tendency to hone in on a scapegoat. I am not a TC fan, and am excited for the opportunity for someone else to fill his skates. That said, it's not entirely his fault, he is who he is. No one forced management to give him that awful contract. And his concussion/whiplash issues were very real. My memory is foggy, but wasn't he a real force in the playoffs prior to his concussion vs. the Sens?

Love him stepping up on PK, which he shot more but at this point, I take what he'll give us.

Further, Connolly's been credited with 1 giveaway so far in the playoffs.

Well, that shows you how wrong those stats are. He had more than one clear giveaway last game (maybe even on the 5 minute major), much less in the series. Now, perhaps all players are adjusted down equally, but he's certainly had more than 1.

For the record, though, I am a little tired of Vanek's drag through move when going one-on-one. It worked a couple of times for highlight reel goals early in the season and he's been trying it will little success every time since. He needs to mix it up to get that surprise factor back.

I know it means nothing, but every time they show Connolly on the bench, he is sitting straight up(unlike most of the players who are leaning over the boards trying to keep an eye on the action), and has the same expressionless look on his face.

Makes me want to reach through my TV set and punch him.

GTF off my team!

I know it means nothing, but every time they show Connolly on the bench, he is sitting straight up(unlike most of the players who are leaning over the boards trying to keep an eye on the action), and has the same expressionless look on his face.

Makes me want to reach through my TV set and punch him.

GTF off my team!

FWIW He looks like that all the time.

TC doesn't know where the point is during the power play. Or he doesn't know where he is. One or the other. Look at all the times he's tried to drop it to the point and ends up firing it down the ice. Ugh. He was chasing down that one puck on the PP a game or two ago, and just kind of glided back while the Flyer PKer was charging hard, stole the puck from him along the boards, undressed a surprised Gragnani and got a shot on net. Why would someone on the PK even bother expending all that energy? Because TC has a reputation. It's not just the fans that see it; other teams see it, too.

My hope is that they pick up someone this summer from the free agent market that makes him expendable.

i'm all done with him. he's got talent, sure, but it's useless when he's afraid of getting hit...which is a big part of the playoffs...which is really the only part of the season that matters.

his money could buy someone that honestly gives a poop about winning.

Seems like after his bone spur operation he as never been willing to get physical in the boards. Is it a matter of being afraid? or is it a matter of he will really get hurt.

Archived