Should Enroth start Game 4?

Jerry Jabber

Should Enroth start Game 4?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Should Enroth start Game 4?

I wonder if there's a poll on the Vancouver boards about whether Luongo or Schneider should start Game 5. I'll bet not.

Not quite a Luongo or Schneider should start thread but it's along the same lines.

Thread title - Game 5 will be Lu's career if he chokes thats it

Fans are pretty much the same everywhere. Even the logic for and against Luongo's performance sounds eerily similar. And, like here, a couple posters take a controversial position and the rest of the community jumps like its 5 times the number in agreement.

Gawd I luv the interweb.

I don't really know if there was a time in the third game that I said "wow that was a soft goal". In fact the only time I did say that was on Gerbe's goal off the big rebound from Boucher. If we can find a happy balance between the game 1 defense first game and the last few where the D was a bit too freewheeling and giveaway prone then I think we will be alright.

Enroth will have his time, it's just not right now. Lets not rush him into the fray just for the sake of change.

Not quite a Luongo or Schneider should start thread but it's along the same lines.

Thread title - Game 5 will be Lu's career if he chokes thats it

Fans are pretty much the same everywhere. Even the logic for and against Luongo's performance sounds eerily similar. And, like here, a couple posters take a controversial position and the rest of the community jumps like its 5 times the number in agreement.

Gawd I luv the interweb.

Prior to the playoffs I read an article indicating if the Canucks didn't win the Cup that they would blow up their team - starting with their high priced #1 goaltender Luongo.

Prior to the playoffs I read an article indicating if the Canucks didn't win the Cup that they would blow up their team - starting with their high priced #1 goaltender Luongo.

And that just seems silly when you look at the talent on that team. It'd be like Detroit blowing it up every time they don't win the Cup.

4 of their d-men are UFAs, so that blowing up is going to start right there. Luongo's got a 12 year contract, if they actually wanted to move him, it will be tough.

I don't think they'll be able to afford Erhoff and Bieksa. But I don't see major changes at forward for them.

Right. They don't need to "blow it up" at all. They'll have enough natural turnover that the face of the team will be altered slightly. It's the same thing the Wings do every year.

I'll say it. Granted, I was going either way on this. Glad Miller played well tonight, but I'd still like to see it happen more often, you dont need shut outs to play great. But I still stand by what I said. Needs to be more consistent to earn $6.2m to me. I just don't want to be that guy that says he's the greatest thing that ever happened after saying he could be better.

On another note, he was solid tonight. I was generally impressed with our defensive end work tonight.

I'll say it. Granted, I was going either way on this. Glad Miller played well tonight, but I'd still like to see it happen more often, you dont need shut outs to play great. But I still stand by what I said. Needs to be more consistent to earn $6.2m to me. I just don't want to be that guy that says he's the greatest thing that ever happened after saying he could be better.

On another note, he was solid tonight. I was generally impressed with our defensive end work tonight.

2 playoff shutouts in 4 games....

WINNING

I mean dont get me wrong. The shut outs are insane, and he's played insane in both. But I still find games 2 and 3 being "meh" performances.

What was 'meh' about his game 3 performance? He stopped everything he had any reasonable chance at.

No goalie can win a game if his defense is as bad as the Sabres were in game 3.

What was 'meh' about his game 3 performance? He stopped everything he had any reasonable chance at.

No goalie can win a game if his defense is as bad as the Sabres were in game 3.

He certainly had at chance at the first one for sure.

Archived