Should Enroth start Game 4?

Jerry Jabber

Should Enroth start Game 4?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Should Enroth start Game 4?

And it was within inches of being a routine save.

The assertion was that he had no chance. I thought he had a very good chance on goal one, but that was two games ago. Time to move on.

That deflection was small and early in the shot.

Early, yes. Small, no -- and it went against the direction he was moving.

Regardless, though he wasn't as sharp as he was in Games 1 and 4, the attitude (which I've seen in a few places) that he's had 2 poor games is not accurate.

The assertion was that he had no chance. I thought he had a very good chance on goal one, but that was two games ago. Time to move on.

You're right. Let's hope he can play lights out the rest of the series and we can move to round 2.

It looks like 14 people voted that Enroth should start.

Just out of curiosity: out of those 14, is anyone over 20 years old?

Sure, and in hindsight it doesn't seem like a good idea now, but any coach who has a good backup goalie and watches their starting goalie allow 8 goals in 2 games and isn't at least considering a change in net needs their head examined in my opinion.

Miller was caught way out of position at least 5 times last night and If it wasn't for players in net blocking shots(two goals) in the 1st Buffalo is sitting at 1-3 right now. Did Miller get better and play himself out of the funk he was in? sure he did, but it doesn't mean he wasn't in one and I surely don't feel like a kid just because I realized as much.

The Sabres played well defensively as a team...

Sure, and in hindsight it doesn't seem like a good idea now, but any coach who has a good backup goalie and watches their starting goalie allow 8 goals in 2 games and isn't at least considering a change in net needs their head examined in my opinion.

Miller was caught way out of position at least 5 times last night and If it wasn't for players in net blocking shots(two goals) in the 1st Buffalo is sitting at 1-3 right now. Did Miller get better and play himself out of the funk he was in? sure he did, but it doesn't mean he wasn't in one and I surely don't feel like a kid just because I realized as much.

Well said!

And if Enroth had played do you think we would have won? I dont. Boucher was out of position about as many times and we just hit posts or played with it to long. Every GOALIE will get moved out of position by a team because thats how you score.

Miller deserves the following, recognition for an outstanding performance and recognition for amazing focus and stating it was a team effort. RYAN MILLER "clap clap, clapclapclap" RYAN MILLER!!! Now everyone join in the chant.

Miller relies on his d-men to cover the backside, which then allows him to square up to the shooter. Out of position? I don't think so, but if the puck is deflected to to his backside then it is up to his d-men to clear the puck or the opposing player. Last night that worked.

Archived