Sabres open 2011-12 season in Europe

Cereal

For some reason I don't like this. However in 08-09 Pittsburgh went and won the cup, and in 09-10 Chicago went and won the cup. This year 3 out of 6 teams that went are in the playoffs: Boston, Phoenix, and San Jose. We'll see if history repeats (only if Buffalo doesn't make it!)

Don't bother. Sabres will have travel plans available to fans. I'm in, along 2 other friends for sure. Can't wait!

You think so? That would be very helpful if they did that and the pack could stay together and go through the villages while we are there and well, you know.

You think so? That would be very helpful if they did that and the pack could stay together and go through the villages while we are there and well, you know.

I know several teams that have went overseas have offered a package, such as the Wild and Carolina. So i asked Mike Harrington on twitter if he knew if there was any plans for such for Sabres, and he said yes, they will make a package available, announced at a later date.

Argh.....that sucks.

This probably takes any game that would otherwise be here in LA or in Anaheim off the table.

It'll take 1 of them off the table. Don't know right now if the league is planning on having the Sabres play either or both a 2nd time. At most the Sabres will be in SoCal once (not counting a miracle run the the finals for the Kings ;)).

As someone already posted, the Canes and Wild both had group travel available. I didn't go (Canes fan) but I know many who did. Canes had over 300 fans go. IIRC, the Canes trip (via AAA) was cheaper than the Wild's trip (with a different travel group) but was a day longer...or something like that.

Here's an old thread that talks about the trip...this is the page where the Wild's trip was announced with prices

http://www.letsgocanes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10902&page=13

and the page with the Canes travel package:

http://www.letsgocanes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10902&page=14

If it's in your budget, I can say that every person who went loved the trip completely. I'm sure the 2 wins helped, but it was a real trip of a lifetime it seems.

• 4 weeks later...

I got an e mail from AAA but it appears they are still in the process of putting it together. It does say there will be speacial team events. I'm guessing road crew type of thing.

http://wcny.aaa.com/travel/sabres-form?utm_campaign=MEM_May_Newsletter_10May11&utm_medium=email&utm_source=MEM

1700 with all 'transportation included'. Last time I looked airplanes were included in 'transportation'. Airfare not included. Add another, what 800-1000?

Still a chance to be in Berlin and Munchen is worth consideration. Cue the jeopardy music...

So after careful consideration. No

Archived