Sabres open 2011-12 season in Europe

Cereal

I got an e mail from AAA but it appears they are still in the process of putting it together. It does say there will be speacial team events. I'm guessing road crew type of thing.

http://wcny.aaa.com/travel/sabres-form?utm_campaign=MEM_May_Newsletter_10May11&utm_medium=email&utm_source=MEM

And now they have have released the details.

https://www.signup4.net/public/ap.aspx?EID=HCTS10E&OID=50

Anyone going? My buddy and I put down our deposit today for the trip to secure us a spot.

We havn't ordered airfare yet but i think we will fly early and go to Oktoberfest. So pumped!

Ask any of the locals and they'll tell you the time to go is for springfest. Apparently its better than octoberfest.

I live here in Germany in case you don't know they are playing in mannheim (1hr for me) as well against a German squad (where hecht is from). If any one knows when tickets will be available for any and all games I want to know. I plan on going to all three hopefully, but at least the 2 in germany. We should find a bar and do some pre-game.

Go Sabres-Hopefully all of them will make the trip to include the voice of the Sabres.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/04/26/sabres-play-special-exhibition-game-germany-2011-compuware-nhl-premiere/

I live here in Germany in case you don't know they are playing in mannheim (1hr for me) as well against a German squad (where hecht is from). If any one knows when tickets will be available for any and all games I want to know. I plan on going to all three hopefully, but at least the 2 in germany. We should find a bar and do some pre-game.

Go Sabres-Hopefully all of them will make the trip to include the voice of the Sabres.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/04/26/sabres-play-special-exhibition-game-germany-2011-compuware-nhl-premiere/

For sure.

Hey fella,

I am also living very near to Mannheim.

Are you going to the game in Berlin too?

It is great: You are the first in Germany living Buffalo fan i get to know.

I'm sure you could do the same thing for half the cost on your own, minus the "team activities" or whatever.

Just staying at the nice hotels in the package for 6 nights would cost you $1,200. The cab/bus from/to the airport another couple hundred.

Hiring a tour guide (like the one they provide for you) even more money...

Seeing the Sabres in Europe... priceless.

Just staying at the nice hotels in the package for 6 nights would cost you $1,200. The cab/bus from/to the airport another couple hundred.

Hiring a tour guide (like the one they provide for you) even more money...

Seeing the Sabres in Europe... priceless.

I'm surprised nobody has offered to pay your way to share a room.

• 4 weeks later...

2011 preseason schedule.

• Mon., Sept. 19 - Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m. (HSBC Arena)
  • Wed., Sept. 21 - Buffalo at Montreal, 7:30 p.m. (Bell Centre)
  • Fri., Sept. 23 - Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m. (Air Canada Centre)
  • Sat., Sept. 24 - Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m. (HSBC Arena)
  • Sun., Sept. 25 - Buffalo at Columbus, 5 p.m. (Nationwide Arena)
  • Friday, Sept. 30 - Buffalo at Washington, 7 p.m. (Verizon Center)
  • Tue., Oct. 4 - Buffalo at Adler Mannheim, TBA (SAP Arena – Mannheim, Germany)

2011 preseason schedule.

• Mon., Sept. 19 - Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m. (HSBC Arena)
  • Wed., Sept. 21 - Buffalo at Montreal, 7:30 p.m. (Bell Centre)
  • Fri., Sept. 23 - Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m. (Air Canada Centre)
  • Sat., Sept. 24 - Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m. (HSBC Arena)
  • Sun., Sept. 25 - Buffalo at Columbus, 5 p.m. (Nationwide Arena)
  • Friday, Sept. 30 - Buffalo at Washington, 7 p.m. (Verizon Center)
  • Tue., Oct. 4 - Buffalo at Adler Mannheim, TBA (SAP Arena – Mannheim, Germany)

I don't suppose you have your finger on the pulse of the scheduling office and could possibly know when the 2011/2012 schedule will be coming out. Looking at past schedule releases, they've come out anywhere between midldle/end of June to middle of July. Any rumblings or notions?

I don't suppose you have your finger on the pulse of the scheduling office and could possibly know when the 2011/2012 schedule will be coming out. Looking at past schedule releases, they've come out anywhere between midldle/end of June to middle of July. Any rumblings or notions?

Getting anxious to work that dream vacation trip to Winnipeg into the schedule, are we? ;)

Getting anxious to work that dream vacation trip to Winnipeg into the schedule, are we? ;)

ha ha ha ha! not quite winnepeg, but i am wanting to start planning the west coast road trips. i don't think they'll be in denver this year since they played there in january, but who knows. if they do come, i'm getting calendar dates set up for at least 2 of denver/phoenix/san jose/anaheim/LA.

but no ... not winnepeg. ;)

ha ha ha ha! not quite winnepeg, but i am wanting to start planning the west coast road trips. i don't think they'll be in denver this year since they played there in january, but who knows. if they do come, i'm getting calendar dates set up for at least 2 of denver/phoenix/san jose/anaheim/LA.

but no ... not winnepeg. ;)

You could luck out and have the Avs be one of those teams that we play twice next year. I still want to know how they determine who those 3 teams wind up being.

Last year it was the day after the BOG meeting. The BOG meeting is today so maybe tomorrow?

I did hear that the Winter Classic will be in Philly, vs NYR. No Heritage Classic this year.

Last year it was the day after the BOG meeting. The BOG meeting is today so maybe tomorrow?

I did hear that the Winter Classic will be in Philly, vs NYR. No Heritage Classic this year.

I heard that as well. Sorry, Winnipeg ... no Heritage for you.

Archived