OT: Additions to the Profanity Filter

shrader

What the frick yins all talking about. This is a free country that were all allowed to blather our owns opinions to get er done anyway we can. Youse guy's want to take people's writes away to be themselves and make them all moo together now. Communicatin is over rated, lets just give everybody a lousiville slugger and let's start hammerin home our points thataway. Let's not change a thing cause I just loves a good argument. ;)

Who decided to include more words? What's up with that?

Are you the one who objects to d o n g s ?

The filter is made up of words that, when put together, become racial or un-PC. Also made to subdue rants. Does the word d o n g really belong in a hockey conversation?

The filter is made up of words that, when put together, become racial or un-PC. Also made to subdue rants. Does the word d o n g really belong in a hockey conversation?

"While I was watching the Sabres, I had dessert: Ding-Dongs and a glass of milk."

"The Sabres finally scored 6 on Thomas! Ding, ######, the Witch is dead!"

d on gonnit I can't belive he missed that shot

When Douggie Moss and his girlfriend were shown the door, there were reports that chants of 'ding-###### the witch is dead' were heard wafting through the back offices at the Mmarena.

So, what's the verdict?

What about when video scouting inevitably brings us a ###### on the back end?

:blink:

This is a satirical thread aimed at the lingo of today's youth discussion board lingo. I'm pretty sure he wasn't mocking anyone, certainly not someone from your culture (older, or at least old enough to have PC literate kids). He was looking for chuckles, not to offend. And even if he was looking to offend you weren't the target.

My answer wasn't sincere, my son tells me we (meaning my wife and myself, or, I think he was actually talking about our age, given that he called me a classic :cry: ) are supposed to use the little face symbols, I forgot what he called em.

And I really am learning as I go on my computer, to be honest, I'm still using my 2 index fingers to type..... :doh:

But he has added the face symbols for me in the past. In this thread I started using them. He just laughs at me, and I do laugh at myself for not understanding all of the bells and whistles on this new type of communication for me. My wife is better at it.

I am trying though, I beg for mercy and ask for patience. You'll ya'll have to learn that I type things half hearted and only offer opinion. I'll learn to use the little face symbols.

:thumbsup:

My answer wasn't sincere, my son tells me we (meaning my wife and myself, or, I think he was actually talking about our age, given that he called me a classic :cry: ) are supposed to use the little face symbols, I forgot what he called em.

And I really am learning as I go on my computer, to be honest, I'm still using my 2 index fingers to type..... :doh:

But he has added the face symbols for me in the past. In this thread I started using them. He just laughs at me, and I do laugh at myself for not understanding all of the bells and whistles on this new type of communication for me. My wife is better at it.

I am trying though, I beg for mercy and ask for patience. You'll ya'll have to learn that I type things half hearted and only offer opinion. I'll learn to use the little face symbols.

Ahhhhh... the new guy uses sarcasm. Young grasshopper learns fast. :thumbsup:

PS. They are called "emoticons". "Smilies" works well enough though.

Emoticons. Overuse leads to abuse.

FWIW, you and your wife should have separate accounts. The two of you can't have the same opinion on everything.

Emoticons. Overuse leads to abuse.

FWIW, you and your wife should have separate accounts. The two of you can't have the same opinion on everything.

She says she will. FWIW? have no idea.

No wonder why I can't understand my son and his obsession with that dam texting.

I'll figure it out as I go along, but I will get her to create an account, I don't think she'd like it if I put up a Mrs. dumb dumb account, and she has her own email address. I even had to have my son set mine up. I'm learning though.

No wonder why I can't understand my son and his obsession with that dam texting.

I'll figure it out as I go along, but I will get her to create an account, I don't think she'd like it if I put up a Mrs. dumb dumb account, and she has her own email address. I even had to have my son set mine up. I'm learning though.

BTW, what celebrity does ur wife like the most? maybe that could b her screen name?

i think of Jim Carrey when I c urs.

Do all three of you post under this name right? I remember originally thinking that you had some multiple personality thing going on before you mentioned that your wife uses the name too. But is it 2 personalities, or 3? Actually, it might be funnier if you do in fact have multiple personalities that are married and then produced a son.

FWIW was around long before texting, but I understand your point. If you ever want to know what a bit of slang or an acronym means, you can look it up on urbandictionary.com. I'm warning you now, though, that you may end up seeing some definitions that are...NSFW to say the least (go ahead and look up NSFW if you so desire).

Scroll over with mouse, CLICK!

http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/textmessageabbreviations.asp

Do all three of you post under this name right? I remember originally thinking that you had some multiple personality thing going on before you mentioned that your wife uses the name too. But is it 2 personalities, or 3? Actually, it might be funnier if you do in fact have multiple personalities that are married and then produced a son.

No, just my wife and I. She's usually on in the day, but I work a rotating shift, so I'm on late at night sometimes, in the day others.

My son I don't think writes here, he is more of a football fan, so he goes on the Bills site sometimes, but he's a Steelers fan.

**** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ********** **** ********** **** **** **** **** ********** ********* **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** *************** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** ********** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *************** **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* ********** ********* **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** ********** **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** **** ********** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** ********** **** **** ********* **** ********* **** ********************* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** **** ********* **** ********** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ********** **** ********** **** **** **** **** ********** ********* **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** *************** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** ********** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *************** **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* ********** ********* **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** ********** **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** **** ********** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** ********** **** **** ********* **** ********* **** ********************* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** **** ********* **** ********** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** **** **** **** **** **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** ********* **** *********

Nope, I think we got 'em all.

Archived