OT: Additions to the Profanity Filter

shrader

If at all possible, could we please add the words "epic" and "fail" to the profanity filter here? I don't know when or why that became the popular catch phrase, but it really needs to go. I feel like punching someone any time some stupid kid utters either of those words. And if it bugs me so much, I shutter to think how PA reacts.

And yeah, feel free to add any suggestions. Keep it clean though. I don't want to be blamed when someone thinks he can get away with posting a long string of f-bombs in this thread.

If at all possible, could we please add the words "epic" and "fail" to the profanity filter here? I don't know when or why that became the popular catch phrase, but it really needs to go. I feel like punching someone any time some stupid kid utters either of those words. And if it bugs me so much, I shutter to think how PA reacts.

And yeah, feel free to add any suggestions. Keep it clean though. I don't want to be blamed when someone thinks he can get away with posting a long string of f-bombs in this thread.

Epic fail. ;)

How about "why", "do", "you", "want", "to", "police", "other", "people's", "use", "of", "language"? I think all of those words should go. Perhaps "self-important", "flatulent", "conceited", "vainglorious", "snooty" and "snobish" should go as well.

Word and this.

need to go.

But really censorship and vocab-control based on generational rifts and age differences should be outlawed on this board. Lets face it, we're getting old and language isn't static It evolves. Personally I like it.

Stamkos

edit: And juju, I knew that was coming, but I officially hate you. I was expecting it from one of our newbie assclowns, but not you.

So, let me see if I have this correct. You want the words epic and fail filtered, but character attacks on individuals that have differing opinions and views as yours are ok?

I.E. newbie assclowns, which my son informs me is indirectly directed at my wife and myself, we are new to this forums idea in so far as contributing.

And then you state you feel performing a violent act on someone and call individuals that may be younger stupid.

Hmmmm...........both my wife and myself would like to know at what maturity level do you find yourself at? Or should we just stop contributing and find another venue to speak on Sabres hockey?

We'd just like to know.

Word and this.

need to go.

But really censorship and vocab-control based on generational rifts and age differences should be outlawed on this board. Lets face it, we're getting old and language isn't static It evolves. Personally I like it.

It's really more of a "does that phrase annoy anyone else as much as it annoys me" type thread. And don't go bringing censorship into this. Anything that happens on this board can never fit that label.

edit: dumb_dumb, it had nothing to do with you, but I do often find it interesting who reacts when I throw out general jabs like that one. Consider it my own little social experiment.

Instead of adding to the filter, why don't we lobby to remove certain words from the filter instead?

As it is, the filter is way too draconian.

Let us seek liberty, not more oppression and tyranny.

Instead of adding to the filter, why don't we lobby to remove certain words from the filter instead?

As it is, the filter is way too draconian.

Let us seek liberty, not more oppression and tyranny.

Forget that, I'm all about oppression and tyranny. I can't wait until I get home and listen to that voicemail from Moammar Qadhafi looking for some ideas.

So, let me see if I have this correct. You want the words epic and fail filtered, but character attacks on individuals that have differing opinions and views as yours are ok?

I.E. newbie assclowns, which my son informs me is indirectly directed at my wife and myself, we are new to this forums idea in so far as contributing.

And then you state you feel performing a violent act on someone and call individuals that may be younger stupid.

Hmmmm...........both my wife and myself would like to know at what maturity level do you find yourself at? Or should we just stop contributing and find another venue to speak on Sabres hockey?

We'd just like to know.

:blink:

This is a satirical thread aimed at the lingo of today's youth discussion board lingo. I'm pretty sure he wasn't mocking anyone, certainly not someone from your culture (older, or at least old enough to have PC literate kids). He was looking for chuckles, not to offend. And even if he was looking to offend you weren't the target.

This is a satirical thread aimed at the lingo of today's youth discussion board lingo. I'm pretty sure he wasn't mocking anyone, certainly not someone from your culture (older, or at least old enough to have PC literate kids). He was looking for chuckles, not to offend. And even if he was looking to offend you weren't the target.

I want to live in a smurf like world where every verb has been replaced with the word smurf. It would fit in so well here since we have the diminutive Gerbe.

We'd just like to know.

I could never be offended by anything anyone on this board could say to me. In case you haven't noticed, we're all idiots.

Archived