12 games to go. How many points do the Sabres come away with?

LabattBlue

Sat Mar 19, 2011 Thrashers @ Sabres

Sun Mar 20, 2011 Predators @ Sabres

Tue Mar 22, 2011 Sabres @ Canadiens

Fri Mar 25, 2011 Panthers @ Sabres

Sat Mar 26, 2011 Devils @ Sabres

Tue Mar 29, 2011 Sabres @ Maple Leafs

Wed Mar 30, 2011 Rangers @ Sabres

Sat Apr 2, 2011 Sabres @ Capitals

Sun Apr 3, 2011 Sabres @ Hurricanes

Tue Apr 5, 2011 Lightning @ Sabres

Fri Apr 8, 2011 Flyers @ Sabres

Sat Apr 9, 2011 Sabres @ Blue Jackets

I can see them going 7-5 down the stretch. That would give them 90 points. Enough for 8th place? We'll see.

Point totals for the 8th place EC team since 00-01...

00-01 85

01-02 87

02-03 83

03-04 91

05-06 92

06-07 92

07-08 94

08-09 93

09-10 88

I'm not nearly as bullish as I was before the road trip. They seem to be spitting out the bit a little.

And I don't see them changing their stripes at home.

Something like 4-2-1 at home and 2-2-1 on the road. 6-4-2. That's Lindy's 14 points.

This is gonna be tight.

I'm not nearly as bullish as I was before the road trip. They seem to be spitting out the bit a little.

Something like 4-2-1 at home and 2-2-1 on the road. 6-4-2. That's Lindy's 14 points.

This is gonna be tight.

Looking at the opponents, they SHOULD go 7-3-2. My gut feel is that it ends up more like the 6-4-2 that you predicted or 5-4-3. If they do only pick up 13-14, I am expecting them to JUST miss out. Hope I'm wrong about that and they get the 16.

I think we need 14 pts to be sure and 16 to be safe.

Strange, I would think that it would take more points to be "sure" than to be "safe".

Taking a guess here, but that might have meant "I am sure we need (at least) 14 pts, and 16 to be safe"

This is gonna be tight.

Tight like good or tight like bad? ;)

16 points would be ideal.

Considering we have games against NYR, Car and NJD all left...all of which we need to win.

Throw in the Toronto game too ... if they win those 4, for 8 of the points, 14 points will probably do it ... if they go 7-5 but somehow lose those 4 games they are letting eveyrone hang around.

Throw in the Toronto game too ... if they win those 4, for 8 of the points, 14 points will probably do it ... if they go 7-5 but somehow lose those 4 games they are letting eveyrone hang around.

I agree there, but who knows where they will be...that's the thing.

Glad they won tonight!

I will be disappointed if they don't make the playoffs, but will be less disappointed if they miss the playoffs and go out with a fight. I hate seeing them lose when they show no heart (like they did at some points last night), but it doesn't feel all that bad when they play like a team and still lose a close one.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 Thrashers 2 Sabres 4, 2 pts

(Sabres HAVE to bounce back to show that they were just tired against the 'Canes. If we blow this game it could be terrible down the stretch. Lindy's gotta have the boys ready to go for the last stretch.)

Sun Mar 20, 2011 Predators 3 Sabres 2 (OT), 3 pts

Tue Mar 22, 2011 Sabres 2 @ Canadiens 3, 3 pts

Fri Mar 25, 2011 Panthers 1 @ Sabres 2, 5 pts

Sat Mar 26, 2011 Devils 2 @ Sabres 1, (OT), 6 pts

Tue Mar 29, 2011 Sabres 5 @ Maple Leafs 3, 8 pts

Wed Mar 30, 2011 Rangers 2 @ Sabres 4, 10 pts

Sat Apr 2, 2011 Sabres 2 @ Capitals 4, 10 pts

Sun Apr 3, 2011 Sabres 3 @ Hurricanes 2, 12 pts [i hope so, I'll be at this game]

Tue Apr 5, 2011 Lightning 3 @ Sabres 4 (OT), 14 pts

Fri Apr 8, 2011 Flyers 4 @ Sabres 3 14 pts

Sat Apr 9, 2011 Sabres 3 @ Blue Jackets 1, 16 pts for 92 pts TOTAL, good for 7th, Rangers are 8th with 90

7-3-2 down the stretch, Stafford scores 8 goals, Vanek scores 6 goals, Ennis records 9 assists & 3 goals. Gerbe punches Chris Pronger in the face and gets suspended two games.

Most importantly, Rob Niedermayer scores 2 HUGE goals, 1 for the Devils, his old team, on accident, to beat the Sabres in OT on the 26th. On April 9th, he will intentionally score the third goal of the game and last Sabres goal of the season: an empty-netter tap in with 3 seconds left in the season. After which, he gets mobbed by the whole team as they know for sure they are headed to the post-season.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 Thrashers @ Sabres

Sun Mar 20, 2011 Predators @ Sabres

Tue Mar 22, 2011 Sabres @ Canadiens

Fri Mar 25, 2011 Panthers @ Sabres

Sat Mar 26, 2011 Devils @ Sabres

Tue Mar 29, 2011 Sabres @ Maple Leafs

Wed Mar 30, 2011 Rangers @ Sabres

Sat Apr 2, 2011 Sabres @ Capitals

Sun Apr 3, 2011 Sabres @ Hurricanes

Tue Apr 5, 2011 Lightning @ Sabres

Fri Apr 8, 2011 Flyers @ Sabres

Sat Apr 9, 2011 Sabres @ Blue Jackets

I can see them going 7-5 down the stretch. That would give them 90 points. Enough for 8th place? We'll see.

Thats a pretty tough stretch of games when you consider a lot of the teams in this list this year are in the hunt final push and also fighting for position.

I lean a bit more conservatively to PA's and Taros predicted record of something like 6-4-2 or worse 5-4-3. As Pipes also points out there are a lot of 4 pt games in there as well that will keep this very tight.

This is a playoff for them already whether they realize it or not and I really want to see them play hard and compete in every game and play like they shive a git.

If they go 8-4 they'll make it, anything less and it will likely come down to which games specifically they won (i.e the games against teams trying to catch us and the Rags). As of right now, Jersy scares the hell out of me more than Carolina. If we could of found a way to beat the Hurricanes the other day, coupled with their loss to the Make Me Laughs, Carolina would not even be a real threat right now. They've lost five of their last six, and possibly lost McBain, one of their best players for the season. We all know how Jersey's played over the past 25+ games.

Thats a pretty tough stretch of games when you consider a lot of the teams in this list this year are in the hunt final push and also fighting for position.

I lean a bit more conservatively to PA's and Taros predicted record of something like 6-4-2 or worse 5-4-3. As Pipes also points out there are a lot of 4 pt games in there as well that will keep this very tight.

This is a playoff for them already whether they realize it or not and I really want to see them play hard and compete in every game and play like they shive a git.

Just some food for thought. If they go 6-4-2, sportsclubstats.com says the Sabres have a 90.8% chance of making the playoffs, 5-4-3 the odds are 78.3%. Obviously each point makes a huge difference.

16 points would be ideal.

Considering we have games against NYR, Car and NJD all left...all of which we need to win.

I think that will be the telling games. We could get 14 points and still not make it if we lose the wrong games, specifically games against the 8, 9, 10 seeds. If we can't beat the teams below us in the standings in this race we have no right being in the playoffs.

Just some food for thought. If they go 6-4-2, sportsclubstats.com says the Sabres have a 90.8% chance of making the playoffs, 5-4-3 the odds are 78.3%. Obviously each point makes a huge difference.

Yeah but in those w-l scenarios it will be real important who those wins are against. Has to be the teams right above or below us to work.

Yeah but in those w-l scenarios it will be real important who those wins are against. Has to be the teams right above or below us to work.

If that website works the way it should, those different scenarios should be accounted for in the probabilities.

I think that will be the telling games. We could get 14 points and still not make it if we lose the wrong games, specifically games against the 8, 9, 10 seeds. If we can't beat the teams below us in the standings in this race we have no right being in the playoffs.

Agreed.

If we are in then we make it simple as that...

Archived