Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Seriously, did you listen/watch the Sabres vs Pens game. I hate when people complain about "homerism" on a teams home network. You aren't watching ESPN, NBC, or CBC.

Seriously, do you watch the games on centerice and listen to announcers from across the country. Boston is BRUTAL. There is a difference between general homerism and what these guys do.

Well, Weber is in the press box and all our other tough guys are in the CHL....

I do not understand the reasoning behind sitting Weber against the Bruins. I get Morissonn coming back into the lineup, but sitting Weber? Against this team my choice would've been to sit Butler.

What do I know?

Amazing what can happen when the Sabres actually take a shot on the PP. Why have they got away from the - set it up - take a shot - crash the net to knock in the rebound - repeat - PP that had been working for them?

Lucic is a lot cleaner than he once was and showed some good judgment and respect in that fight. Third should be a great time and maybe Vanek can pot another one, the guy has been getting more chances than a rich guy in a red light district. They just showed their new sabres promotion where Pegula says "starting now the sabres sole reason for existence, is to win the stanley cup" Gives me chills every time.

Next year hopefully its, cody, goose, kaleta, kassian and maybe someone like an iginla. I would love to build the sabres like the bruins (even though I hate them), Who wouldnt want the sabres to be a big phsical team that everyone talks about...

The Sabres have additional toughness on the way with Foligno and McNabb, but they won't arrive next year.

It'd be great if someone on the Sabres could let Chris Butler know that his worth as an NHL player (along with his paycheck) if he cashed in on his size by taking some boxing lessons and learned how to whoop ass out there. Seriously, Chris, you don't have to be a career #6 defenseman.

I've had Center Ice for almost a decade and IMHO the Boston announcers are about the worst. I can't think of any that openly cry about every little play more than them... (although the Carolina radio announcer and his little girl screams is hard to handle in large doses)

Agreed, but now with the NHL online I can listen to Buffalo broadcasts with a push of a button. Man I hate Brickhead and his Howdy Dowdy play by play guy.

Question about centerice...why are the HD broadcasts never the Sabres home feed? It is always the opponents feed in HD.

Generally, the first HD feed is the AWAY team feed, I find that unless they are playing a candian team, the sole HD feed is usually MSG this year...

Is anyone else suffering through the NESN broadcast? They are just insufferable. I'm so sick of Boston cry-baby act! Its raining championships in that city!

Being in Rochester, I have the MSG feed. Though, I have heard many, many bad things about the Boston announcers, especially Jack Edwards. I hvae heard him call games before. Fricking BRUTAL (to paraphrase everyone elses description).

Seriously, do you watch the games on centerice and listen to announcers from across the country. Boston is BRUTAL. There is a difference between general homerism and what these guys do.

I fell bad for you guys, but it is the New England Sports Network (right?). This is why the NHL really need to get their TV act together. They should demand that every provider carries the home and away broadcast of every game, and that they are in HD.

The Sabres have additional toughness on the way with Foligno and McNabb, but they won't arrive next year.

It'd be great if someone on the Sabres could let Chris Butler know that his worth as an NHL player (along with his paycheck) if he cashed in on his size by taking some boxing lessons and learned how to whoop ass out there. Seriously, Chris, you don't have to be a career #6 defenseman.

You can coach ability but you can't coach temperment. Add 25lbs, a course of Andro and Butler is still a lover, not a fighter.

I fell bad for you guys, but it is the New England Sports Network (right?). This is why the NHL really need to get their TV act together. They should demand that every provider carries the home and away broadcast of every game, and that they are in HD.

I agree. HD does sooo much for hockey, it's almost like watching a totally different game. Don't get me wrong, football and well, i don't watch basketball but i assume it applies to that too, but they look great in HD-- but hockey in HD is just golden to me. back pre-lockout one of the biggest complaints from people was not being able to see the puck or really tell whats happening, HD fixes that problem in a big way

Archived