Spit Goalies for upcoming back to back

Enroth will start, according to Paul Hamilton he has been recalled.

It's interesting that Lalime wasn't moved at the deadline for whatever they could get( bucket-o-pucks ). It must suck to be basically an ornament to hang a tuque on.

I should add that I don't mean that in any way as a shot at Lalime. By all accounts he is a good team mate. Its more a shot at the organisation.

Patrick, you'll be cheerleading the next game. Enroth is starting. Thanks

It may not be the next game he starts, but I predict Ethron getting lit up at some point and Lalime coming in to get the save.

It may not be the next game he starts, but I predict Ethron getting lit up at some point and Lalime coming in to get the save.

I really hope that doesn't happen. Enroth shows he can remain calm under pressure. He's yet to show any sign of mental defeat. If a he lets a bad goal in then he bounces back quickly, that shootout against the Habs proved that. I'm really rooting for Enroth as an NHL starter, mainly because he's backing up one of the NHL's higher skilled goaltenders (some however will argue that statement), but also because he's young and shows A LOT of potential.

At this juncture, especially if Enroth starts at Minnesota, Lalime should be outright released. It can't be good for his pysche to be "on the team" but pushed to the press box and supplanted by an AHLer on a callup. If Lalime is clearly out, end this charade today.

At this juncture, especially if Enroth starts at Minnesota, Lalime should be outright released. It can't be good for his pysche to be "on the team" but pushed to the press box and supplanted by an AHLer on a callup. If Lalime is clearly out, end this charade today.

If Enroth stays in Buffalo as the backup it will stop his development, he needs to continue to play at the AHL level between NHL starts. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay up the week however with a limited # of callups remaining and back to back games next weekend.

If Enroth stays in Buffalo as the backup it will stop his development, he needs to continue to play at the AHL level between NHL starts. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay up the week however with a limited # of callups remaining and back to back games next weekend.

I like that plan.

But the Sabres seem to want Miller in the press box when he isn't playing, so he can totally recharge.

You have to weigh the value of a few more AHL games for Enroth vs. the value of practicing with an NHL team (well, the Sabres, anyway), learning the ins and outs of travel as an NHLer, getting to know his teammates. He's ready.

The idea of Enroth playing in the AHL next season is nuts.

But the Sabres seem to want Miller in the press box when he isn't playing, so he can totally recharge.

You have to weigh the value of a few more AHL games for Enroth vs. the value of practicing with an NHL team (well, the Sabres, anyway), learning the ins and outs of travel as an NHLer, getting to know his teammates. He's ready.

The idea of Enroth playing in the AHL next season is nuts.

Something I hadn't considered, good point. As for Enroth being ready, I'd like for him to be more dominant at the AHL level before determining he's ready for the NHL.

Something I hadn't considered, good point. As for Enroth being ready, I'd like for him to be more dominant at the AHL level before determining he's ready for the NHL.

He needs the volume of games, still, as well. Just like Miller did at one time. But I wouldn't mind if he got those games next year and spent the rest of the season here "experiencing" the NHL and backing up Miller.

His AHL and NHL numbers are pretty close. His NHL GAA this season is lower than his AHL GAA. Just the opposite for save %.

Maybe Enroth is one of these cats who has mentally left the AHL and needs to be in the NHL.

His AHL and NHL numbers are pretty close. His NHL GAA this season is lower than his AHL GAA. Just the opposite for save %.

Maybe Enroth is one of these cats who has mentally left the AHL and needs to be in the NHL.

He seems really stiff to me. I know he has done well when up, but he reminds me of a panic replacement Ottawa or Philly signs at some point. He has risen to the occasion in spurts, but I don't think I'd hitch a long term wagon to him.

He seems really stiff to me. I know he has done well when up, but he reminds me of a panic replacement Ottawa or Philly signs at some point. He has risen to the occasion in spurts, but I don't think I'd hitch a long term wagon to him.

Stiff personally, in interviews? In goal? I've found him very fluid and cat-like, acrobatic, fun to watch.

It's just the desire for fresh meat in me talking.

Archived