Interesting poll results

carpandean

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you give up sex for a month to have win a championship?

• Sabres and Bills, a month for each
    • Sabres and Bills, a month for whomever wins first
    • Sabres only
    • Bills only
    • For a month, are you nuts?!
    • Haven't had sex since the Carter administration, so ...

So, I was watching a show this morning and they mentioned a recent poll of men about the Super Bowl. The question was "would you give up sex for a month to have your team win the Super Bowl?" 26% said yes.

Now, they didn't say if they included people who don't care at all about football or just fans. I'm sure fans whose team has won one recently would be less likely to make the sacrifice. Certainly, Buffalo fans don't fall into the latter category and everyone here cares at least about hockey, but many about football, too. So, as tough as it would be, would you do it (or, really, not "do it") for the team? We'll even let you choose February.

I didn't add it, but I suspect that the results would drop substantially if it were for a year, instead.

So, I was watching a show this morning and they mentioned a recent poll of men about the Super Bowl. The question was "would you give up sex for a month to have your team win the Super Bowl?" 26% said yes.

Now, they didn't say if they included people who don't care at all about football or just fans. I'm sure fans whose team has won one recently would be less likely to make the sacrifice. Certainly, Buffalo fans don't fall into the latter category and everyone here cares at least about hockey, but many about football, too. So, as tough as it would be, would you do it (or, really, not "do it") for the team? We'll even let you choose February.

I didn't add it, but I suspect that the results would drop substantially if it were for a year, instead.

I'm surprised that only 26 percent of men that follow football are married. A month's nothing when you're married.

This. If I was still young and single I'd say no way, but this question really depends on whether you're married and for how long!

even if I was 18 again I still would say yes just once I want that feeling of being Superbowl and Stanley Cup champion!!!!! A true fan can give up sex for 30 lousy days no matter how many hormones are roaring

the poll that you based this one on strikes me as HI-lariously disconnected from many people's reality. i suspect the poll was framed by someone who's (1) not yet 30 and/or (2) still single.

like several other regular posters, i've been married for a while now. we have a bunch of young kids in the home and a fairly busy life. my lady and i still has the love for each other, but there have been plenty of times where we've looked at each other and said words to the effect of "holy sh!t, we haven't done the sexy time in well over a month." sometimes, rather than do something about it, we'll just shake our heads in disappointment at the realization.

so, yeah -- a month ain't no thing.

I'd seriously consider going a year for a Cup win.

this is a more serious proposition. i'm not sure i could make it.

Sex for money or just regular sex?

Same difference whether your paying outright or buying drinks, dinner and or movie isn't it.

I have been married 17 years and haven't lost my zest for it so a month would be pushing it but I would do it for the team...

Just to be clear does this include good ol Rosey ? (That's Rosey palm for all you youngin's)

Same difference whether your paying outright or buying drinks, dinner and or movie isn't it.

I have been married 17 years and haven't lost my zest for it so a month would be pushing it but I would do it for the team...

Just to be clear does this include good ol Rosey ? (That's Rosey palm for all you youngin's)

No - I meant does it count if I am being paid.

Archived