(OT) Guilty Pleasure Music

Ghost of Dwight Drane

With all the rablerousing going on in the game thread....I figured there needs to be a battleground.

I'll go first. I like to sing to this song. It rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq4ychrRkQA

this song rips. i like that rihanna song thats like ba da da da im so hard. that song rules.

With all the rablerousing going on in the game thread....I figured there needs to be a battleground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq4ychrRkQA

I am assuming you saw SOB (which was released about the same time as this cruddy song was). If so, how can this be a guilty pleasure? (IF there's a home video I don't know about, then I rescind the question.)

You have got to be kidding me. I think I'm more stunned than I was when I found out the Sabres listen to "Billie Jean" after wins, because their lack of manhood has been apparent for a long time. But et tu?

Anyway, here's mine: "I'm a bitch" by Meredith Brooks.

You have got to be kidding me. I think I'm more stunned than I was when I found out the Sabres listen to "Billie Jean" after wins, because their lack of manhood has been apparent for a long time. But et tu?

Anyway, here's mine: "I'm a bitch" by Meredith Brooks.

I don't think I would listen to Toto to psych myself up though.

To me, AC/DC should just be put on a loop for hockey warmups.

I'm having a tough time thinking something up. I've gotten ridiculously picky in recent years and don't listen to much outside of what I own. I will go timely and say that I do enjoy the occasional christmas song. The religious based ones are usually my favorites. It's probably not a guilty pleasure, but it's the best I have right now.

I do not listen to much music anymore now that I have a two year old. In fact the only music I listen to these days are nursery rhymes and Thomas the Tank Engine and other kids related songs.

Having said that, I have been a huge fan of Erasure, Depeche Mode, New Order, and all the other synth pop bands that came out of the UK in the 1980s and 1990s. Some synthesizers, keyboards, and upbeat dance music never hurt anyone. That's my opinion at least.

I do not listen to much music anymore now that I have a two year old. In fact the only music I listen to these days are nursery rhymes and Thomas the Tank Engine and other kids related songs.

Having said that, I have been a huge fan of Erasure, Depeche Mode, New Order, and all the other synth pop bands that came out of the UK in the 1980s and 1990s. Some synthesizers, keyboards, and upbeat dance music never hurt anyone. That's my opinion at least.

You should check out They Might Be Giants' kids albums. Somewhat more listenable than the average kids' stuff.

You should check out They Might Be Giants' kids albums. Somewhat more listenable than the average kids' stuff.

I used to be a huge fan of They Might Be Giants back when I was in middle school all the way up through high school and college. I've actually seen them in concert a number of time. Then, I kind of lost track of them and lost interest. Great band, I have heard that their kids albums are really good.

Archived