24/7 show

bruceleeroy

Did anybody else watch this show on HBO tonight it was pretty entertaining even though i had to see the Sabres lose against Pittsburgh. But at one point of the show they are talking about Ovechkin and where he grew up and stuff and it has him decked out in this Sabres jacket and hat. Maybe he was a Mogilny fan or something. But it was pretty cool to see.

Did anybody else watch this show on HBO tonight it was pretty entertaining even though i had to see the Sabres lose against Pittsburgh. But at one point of the show they are talking about Ovechkin and where he grew up and stuff and it has him decked out in this Sabres jacket and hat. Maybe he was a Mogilny fan or something. But it was pretty cool to see.

LOL thats crazy!

I'm guessing you nailed it right there.

It also showed some Pens going out for dinner at the Buffalo Chophouse.

I hope I never have to use the cutlery Sidney Crosby ate with.

That's funny.

But they were talking about this on GR last night, how Buffalo fans like to demonize the league's best players (Ovi, Crosby, Chara etc.). Why am I supposed to hate Crosby again?

That's funny.

But they were talking about this on GR last night, how Buffalo fans like to demonize the league's best players (Ovi, Crosby, Chara etc.). Why am I supposed to hate Crosby again?

Because he repeatedly violates your goalies five hole.

That's funny.

It's not just a Buffalo thing. The Crosby hate is near universal at this point. It's jealousy more than anything. Oh, but after watching that game against Buffalo the other day, I can see people hating him because he mustache makes him look like a pedophile.

That's funny.

Crosby's a whiny little bint.

Who demonizes Ovechkin?

I don't get the name calling for Crosby. The guy plays harder than any other hockey player on the ice today. He earns his goals. Dollars to donuts that if a guy comes storming off camera into the field of view and flies at the goal, it is number 87. He's every on the ice. Enjoy watching a pure hockey talent. They only come around once every 20 years or so. Don't hate... Life is too short...

I like words. It gets me in trouble.

The fans boo Ovechkin in Buffalo. Demonize might be a bit strong, but it's such a cool word.

Bint - cool word.

I've never noticed that. That's just stupid; there's no reason to boo that guy. He's too much fun to watch.

I don't get the name calling for Crosby. The guy plays harder than any other hockey player on the ice today. He earns his goals. Dollars to donuts that if a guy comes storming off camera into the field of view and flies at the goal, it is number 87. He's every on the ice. Enjoy watching a pure hockey talent. They only come around once every 20 years or so. Don't hate... Life is too short...

All true, yet,.. He does whine a lot when things don't go his way. He's gotten much better, but he acts like a spoiled brat sometimes, and being Sidney Crosby, he get's away with a lot more than other captains would when whining to an official.

I had totally forgotten about that Briere incident.

The booing really still continues? Guess I haven't seen the Caps live in a while. And the guy I share my seats with has next Monday's tickets, so it will be next year before I have the chance again.

I like words. It gets me in trouble.

The fans boo Ovechkin in Buffalo. Demonize might be a bit strong, but it's such a cool word.

Bint - cool word.

I did something I hate when others do it. "The fans" do this or that... 18,000+ fans don't boo. It probably doesn't take that many fans booing to make it sound that way. Some fans boo Ovi...

Why am I supposed to hate Crosby again?

He does whine a lot when things don't go his way. He's gotten much better, but he acts like a spoiled brat sometimes, and being Sidney Crosby, he get's away with a lot more than other captains would when whining to an official.

there's no doubt he's a generational talent and one of the hardest working players in the league. but there's also little doubt that he has spent far too much time in his career diving, whining, and, of late, cheap-shotting (some media is linked below, strictly fwiw). bottm line: he provides plenty of fodder for fans who are inclined to despise him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sboI7oS9iZg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKr2Et0THzM

I had totally forgotten about that Briere incident.

The booing really still continues? Guess I haven't seen the Caps live in a while. And the guy I share my seats with has next Monday's tickets, so it will be next year before I have the chance again.

Yep.

But the "boo/no boo" line is interesting.

Charo gets booed everytime he touches the puck. And while he does do thuggish things quite often so I guess I see that; Boychuk doesn't elicit a peep even though his taking Vanek out last year completely changed the series.

Archived