24/7 show

bruceleeroy

I think all Sabre fans should join in with my brother with his own booing game. Any time they show a little kid on the jumbotron? Boo! It's hilarious and he has actually had a few people join in with him. Unfortunately, now that he has a 5 month old, he thinks he may have to stop.

I think all Sabre fans should join in with my brother with his own booing game. Any time they show a little kid on the jumbotron? Boo! It's hilarious and he has actually had a few people join in with him. Unfortunately, now that he has a 5 month old, he thinks he may have to stop.

Aren't you the SHOOOOT! when the defenseman is in his own zone and the PASSSSSS! when the puck goes back to the point on the power play guy?

Aren't you the SHOOOOT! when the defenseman is in his own zone and the PASSSSSS! when the puck goes back to the point on the power play guy?

Oh yeah, but that one's mine. And we all know how the vast majority of the sheep in crowds are completely reliant on that jumbotron.

I love this game.

Ovechkin is cool.

Crosby is a bitch.

And I used to think that I'd rather have OV on my team; not any more. Maybe you get a little bitching, whining and the occasional questionable shot, but there isn't a single player in the league who brings more to his team, especially when it matters most. There isn't a thing that the Sabres have (players, picks, prospects, etc.) that I wouldn't trade for the guy. Besides, it'd be nice to have the Miller-killer on our side instead.

That's funny.

But they were talking about this on GR last night, how Buffalo fans like to demonize the league's best players (Ovi, Crosby, Chara etc.). Why am I supposed to hate Crosby again?

I don't hate the guy, and I'm not saying you've gotta, but he has rained on an awful lot of my parades...that's all.

Did anyone else catch The Road to the Winter Classic on HBO? It was a fascinating look inside two NHL teams - not to mention hearing Bruce Boudreau go off on his team is priceless.

The most disturbing thing was seeing a childhood picture of Alex Ovechkin in a Buffalo Sabres jacket when he was in Moscow - the sight sent shivers down my spine.

I don't hate the guy, and I'm not saying you've gotta, but he has rained on an awful lot of my parades...that's all.

That's what the best do. It always seems like he has Ryan Miller's number, but I'm sure a lot of fans around the league think the same exact thing about their goalie.

Ovechkin is cool.

Crosby is a bitch.

If this were facebook, i'd "like" your post.

You are both completely out to lunch on this. One guy wins when it counts, and the other, despite making a bunch of flashy plays, doesn't.

And I used to think that I'd rather have OV on my team; not any more. Maybe you get a little bitching, whining and the occasional questionable shot, but there isn't a single player in the league who brings more to his team, especially when it matters most. There isn't a thing that the Sabres have (players, picks, prospects, etc.) that I wouldn't trade for the guy. Besides, it'd be nice to have the Miller-killer on our side instead.

Exactly right. I would trade Miller, Myers, Vanek, Kassian and as many draft picks as the NHL would allow for Crosby.

One of the highlights of the show last night was when they were explaining to ovie Semin's game misconduct OV asks, "is he cut" the ref goes, "he's &@*#@&*! bleeding all over" and OV goes, "Well he has sensitive skin? no?"

That was excellent.

Separately: I just watched it yesterday. Very good show, and well worth watching. Now I understand why a lot of people think Boudreau is going to get canned before the playoffs.

I watched the show the other day and it really makes me wish that they had done that for the first Winter Classic. It really gives you a great behind-the-scenes look at the teams.

Interesting note: I caught some of it late at night and the f-bombs, etc., were un-bleeped. Watched most of it again in the morning and everything was edited out. Since when does HBO bleep out swearing during the day?

i saw the pens at the bruins a couple seasons ago, and having seen my fair share of hockey games, it was actually quite surprising to see one player really take over an nhl game and dominate with the puck on his stick the way crosby did. his opponents literally CAN NOT get the puck away from him when he goes through traffic (which was almost always directed towards the net). he put two past thomas that night, and even if he hadn't, i think he still deserved the first star. the guy's legs must be like tree trunks, because he was powerful, fast, and extremely hard to hit. the guy is poetry on ice, and as much as i hate that he doesn't play for my favorite team, i'm still in awe of how good he is and will be (no, it's not a crush).

for sure, don't hate. it would be unfortunate if fans went his whole career hating him for some made up reasons when we are in fact witnessing something to the effect of the second coming of #99.

for sure, don't hate. it would be unfortunate if fans went his whole career hating him for some made up reasons when we are in fact witnessing something to the effect of the second coming of #99.

Crosby is the best player in the NHL, but he's not the 2nd coming of #99. Not even close.

Crosby is the best player in the NHL, but he's not the 2nd coming of #99. Not even close.

I don't see any point in making the comparisons. No one will ever again do what Gretzky did. The game has changed far too much. All sports are pretty much like that, more teams, bigger/stronger players. The only real comparison you can make is among the guys playing today and I'd take Crosby over any of them. With all this talk about how good he is, we're missing one thing. He's still only 23 years old. It's a scary thought, but he's going to get even better.

I don't see any point in making the comparisons. No one will ever again do what Gretzky did. The game has changed far too much. All sports are pretty much like that, more teams, bigger/stronger players. The only real comparison you can make is among the guys playing today and I'd take Crosby over any of them. With all this talk about how good he is, we're missing one thing. He's still only 23 years old. It's a scary thought, but he's going to get even better.

I agree with all of this. I just couldn't let the Gretzky post go without calling BS.

Archived