SabreSpace new logo sketch...

SDS

post-1-046771700 1291560757_thumb.jpg

This is a hand sketch that is being professionally made and will be cleaned up once scanned into Illustrator. Any comments? Ways to make it better?

I like it. However it may be a bit trite or even corny but may I suggest a sword with a slight curve following the lettering as an underline going tip to handle ?

I like it. However it may be a bit trite or even corny but may I suggest a sword with a slight curve following the lettering as an underline going tip to handle ?

We're looking to tip our hat to the new thirds... I'm guessing this isn't apparent to everyone?

It looks pretty good. I didn't catch that you were going for the same look as the 3rd jerseys.

How about adding a bottlecap then? :P

If people don't see the resemblance, then we're not doing it right. Is it because it is a hand sketch or is the name too long to reasonably do what we want to do?

I realized that it was resembling the thirds right away. I think it looks awesome. The only part I'm iffy about is how the letters overlap the swooshes (particularly the top swoosh). Maybe it would look better splitting the top swoosh in half, taking out the middle section where it was overlapped.

If people don't see the resemblance, then we're not doing it right. Is it because it is a hand sketch or is the name too long to reasonably do what we want to do?

It could be just me. The 3rd jerseys don't click with me at all so I don't pay them any mind. When the coloring is added it may be more apparent.

If people don't see it right away, I have no idea what they're looking at. It's clear as day. I for one look forward to the color version.

The otehr issue I have is because there are so many letters, having it on a curve takes up a bunch of vertical space. No problem on a short, but it takes up valuable vertical space in a banner. Not sure if straightening it would ruin the the effect.

1. I like it.

2. It was immediately apparent that you are trying to invoke the third jerseys. But something is a little off. My suggestion is that you give a photo of the new third to whoever is doing the professional work-up off of the sketch and say, "make it look like this."

Archived