Terry Pegula buying the Buffalo Sabres discussion

\GoBillsInDallas/

I'm sorry to say, the only erotic part of this story is that Darcy is anxiously awaiting his quarterly love-making session to his wife on New Year's Eve, so he may be distracted from making moves to improve the team this week.

I'm pretty sure one of the other sessions occurs after he mails his taxes in at the last minute. The rush, the release, the frustration, it just sets him off.

Not sure about the others. I imagine Labor Day in the U.S. is a real ######-shrinker for him.

An announcement after the tournament and this line :

As part of the sale, it's expected that team President Larry Quinn and Chief Operating Officer Dan DiPofi, who both own small pieces of the team, would both be bought out as part of the team.

The Sabres can go ahead and lose tonight.

An announcement after the tournament and this line :

As part of the sale, it's expected that team President Larry Quinn and Chief Operating Officer Dan DiPofi, who both own small pieces of the team, would both be bought out as part of the team.

The Sabres can go ahead and lose tonight.

They can lose out the rest of the year if this is indeed true. Might as well break in the new ownership with a top pick, even if it isn't as loaded of a draft as the last couple years.

Am I the only one who is angry right now? The more this story gets legs and the more the sale looks like it is going to go through, the more I get angry about this season. If I was a season ticket holder I would be pissed because I think we were sold a bill of goods.

I have to believe that this has been in the works for a lot longer than it has been in the press, at least as long as Free Agent Frenzy. The lack of improvement by Darcy this Summer had to be directed from above because a sale was coming and they didn't want to spend their money on someone elses team.

Then they send their puppets out there to dance and to pound on podiums preaching that this is a SC contender. Bullsh!t! We were played.

Am I the only one who is angry right now? The more this story gets legs and the more the sale looks like it is going to go through, the more I get angry about this season. If I was a season ticket holder I would be pissed because I think we were sold a bill of goods.

I have to believe that this has been in the works for a lot longer than it has been in the press, at least as long as Free Agent Frenzy. The lack of improvement by Darcy this Summer had to be directed from above because a sale was coming and they didn't want to spend their money on someone elses team.

Then they send their puppets out there to dance and to pound on podiums preaching that this is a SC contender. Bullsh!t! We were played.

Sorry man.

If this season is the price of a ticket on board the promised land express I will gladly pay it. Maybe pegs wants the team to tank. A lottery pick will make the about to open GM position that much more attractive.

This post would make sense if the Sabres payroll for this season was say $45 Mil. When the payroll is at $54.7 mil you can't complain about how much they spend. Just what they spent it on. Which is the real problem.

But he doesn't name his sources! Why not? If the sources don't want to be named they can't be reliable!

That's a pretty backwards way of thinking. If YOU were the source and giving your name could cost you your job, would you do it just so some newspaper hack can get his scoop?

This post would make sense if the Sabres payroll for this season was say $45 Mil. When the payroll is at $54.7 mil you can't complain about how much they spend. Just what they spent it on. Which is the real problem.

Like Ink said, you can move any player if you try hard enough. They didn't even try. Then they told us they did. And I think that by lucking into the division championship last year, they had a perfect alibi.

That's a pretty backwards way of thinking. If YOU were the source and giving your name could cost you your job, would you do it just so some newspaper hack can get his scoop?

Your sarcasm meter is broken. I was mocking the resident troll who actually said something very close to this earlier in this thread.

Channel 2 just reported that the announcement of the sale is just a matter of time

I watched the same broadcast and I can only say: BRING IT ON! I have been a life-long fan...my mother and father took me to my first game in the Aud when I was five. I have since missed the AUD and have frequented the arena with my brother. I can only hope Pegula can make this a better place...our current abysmal situation makes me so very sad:(

Archived