The Walking Dead

deluca67

lol. The wife thinks the other dude landed on top of him and those were the other dudes guts n stuff and that there will suddenly be a large noise to pull all the zombies off and he'll be left lying there thankin his lucky stars. Its a stretch sure but its all she's got. :blink:

That was my thought. The only other option they have is, "It was all a dream."

I know I'm a little late to the party here but I will be absolutely pissed if either of these scenarios play out.  The beauty of the show for me is main characters actually get killed off.  In other shows there will be a tense scene but you know the main character obviously gets out of it somehow.  Not with this show.  It gets to a scene like Glenn was in and you start thinking holy maybe he will die.  I love the character but thought it was an excellent surprise killing him off (not a premiere or finale no less).  If they cop out now I will be very disappointed.

I know I'm a little late to the party here but I will be absolutely pissed if either of these scenarios play out.  The beauty of the show for me is main characters actually get killed off.  In other shows there will be a tense scene but you know the main character obviously gets out of it somehow.  Not with this show.  It gets to a scene like Glenn was in and you start thinking holy ###### maybe he will die.  I love the character but thought it was an excellent surprise killing him off (not a premiere or finale no less).  If they cop out now I will be very disappointed.

Me too. Even if the walkers are devouring the other guy, Glenn's head is right there at the feet of the swarm, plainly visible. There's no reason he wouldn't be torn into. What could possibly distract all those starving zombies? "Hey! Look! It's the ice cream truck!"

Me too. Even if the walkers are devouring the other guy, Glenn's head is right there at the feet of the swarm, plainly visible. There's no reason he wouldn't be torn into. What could possibly distract all those starving zombies? "Hey! Look! It's the ice cream truck!"

And it seems like walkers have been going towards the head/neck lately.  I feel like I've seen a bunch of faces ripped open recently, like Nick Papageorgio.

My wife finally felt the pain of a Game of Thrones fan. She doesn't watch GoT but we haved watched this since episode 1. The sharp feeling of disbelief as a major character dies and then the sinking feeling that nobody is safe. I was laughing, she was crying. 

The Walking Dead needs a good "Red Wedding" moment. 

I have a feeling that Glenn is going to miraculously survive.  He's been in some pretty impossible situations before and made it out.  My wife is on board with all the blood and guts were the other guy's.  I don't want to believe it because I think they need to add the fear of death to anyone at anytime back into the show, but my prediction is Glenn somehow survives.

Survives by getting his wits about him and pulling his buddy's carcass over him maybe? I don't see how that saves him for good. Someone else posted upthread the idea of a sudden event that draws the walkers away. Whatever, it's pretty close to a jumping the shark moment for this show.

Survives by getting his wits about him and pulling his buddy's carcass over him maybe? I don't see how that saves him for good. Someone else posted upthread the idea of a sudden event that draws the walkers away. Whatever, it's pretty close to a jumping the shark moment for this show.

Well some of the escapes have already jumped the shark for me, so I'm ready to add Glenn and Rick's current situations to that list.

I think Glenn could possibly get under the dumpster and/or he may be able to cover himself in walker guts to survive.

One question. If a guy blows his own brains out would his blood still surge out of his body after his neck gets shredded like his heart is pumping ? Just a thought on the blood and guts were the other guys scenario.

I agree.  I think it all comes down to how much we're jumping the shark at this point.

I kinda want a main character to die, but I can't choose one.  I like them all, especially Glenn.

One question. If a guy blows his own brains out would his blood still surge out of his body after his neck gets shredded like his heart is pumping ? Just a thought on the blood and guts were the other guys scenario.

And while we're getting technical, if someone is having their chest ripped open, wouldn't blood be coming out of their mouth as well (Glenn)?

Well it's confirmed that Glenn will be seen again, so perhaps they show a zombie's life from his perspective until one of the regulars has to put him down.

Pretty disappointed with the fact Glenn will be returning unless it is a one episode type thing where the above plays out.

Lots of references to the first time Glenn saved Rick from the tank. In both episodes he called Rick an idiot. Rick was surrounded with no where to escape in a tank and now in the RV. Both episodes had Glenn getting stuck in an alley, but while the first time he climbed the fire escape, this time the fire escape was blocked.

My thoughts:

Glenn is dead. He'll be back as a walker. If it's any other result it's kind of dumb but whatever.

Also - the thoughts that a sound will make the zombies leave: how do they hear sounds when Glenn is screaming and they're all like "aaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhh"? Plus, the zombies seem to exist solely to eat people. Why would they stop eating people just because they hear a sound? If that happens it's dumb. My actual guess on Glenn because I think he survives even though he's dead because who the hell isn't dead in that situation: a new character shows up and just mows down the walkers and saves Glenn.

Rick isn't dead and he could literally just walk away from that without a problem. The walkers are slow. He could just step out of the RV and just walk in the other direction. Problem solved.

The connections to Rick being stuck in the tank are super obvious, but I wonder what they're hinting at there. That Rick will survive? That Glenn will save rick? Rick will save Glenn?

One thing this show doesn't do enough: let main characters become walkers. Your entire show is based on zombies. Let them be zombies once in a while.

Also, they should totally do a celebrity cameo or two. Either have them come across a celebrity who has been hiding in their rich home (but make sure you kill them off quick because this show thrives on lesser-known individuals playing big roles) or have like George Clooney appear as a walker. Whoever it is would be playing themselves and would be gone quickly, but it would be a funny/cool cameo. The main group would just kind of laugh it off and be like "his movies sucked anyways" or whatever.

Edited by Hoss

My thoughts:

Glenn is dead. He'll be back as a walker. If it's any other result it's kind of dumb but whatever.

Also - the thoughts that a sound will make the zombies leave: how do they hear sounds when Glenn is screaming and they're all like "aaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhh"? Plus, the zombies seem to exist solely to eat people. Why would they stop eating people just because they hear a sound? If that happens it's dumb. My actual guess on Glenn because I think he survives even though he's dead because who the hell isn't dead in that situation: a new character shows up and just mows down the walkers and saves Glenn.

Rick isn't dead and he could literally just walk away from that without a problem. The walkers are slow. He could just step out of the RV and just walk in the other direction. Problem solved.

The connections to Rick being stuck in the tank are super obvious, but I wonder what they're hinting at there. That Rick will survive? That Glenn will save rick? Rick will save Glenn?

One thing this show doesn't do enough: let main characters become walkers. Your entire show is based on zombies. Let them be zombies once in a while.

Also, they should totally do a celebrity cameo or two. Either have them come across a celebrity who has been hiding in their rich home (but make sure you kill them off quick because this show thrives on lesser-known individuals playing big roles) or have like George Clooney appear as a walker. Whoever it is would be playing themselves and would be gone quickly, but it would be a funny/cool cameo. The main group would just kind of laugh it off and be like "his movies sucked anyways" or whatever.

I agree I mentioned the celebrity cameo idea when we were discussing Fear the walking dead. I thought a Steven Tyler zombie would be cool. The possibilities are endless but they could fit them in. 

My thoughts:

How does Glenn not get devoured? How does he just get bit and turn?

Remember the series started out with the older black guy and his son dealing with the wife/mother roaming around outside the house they were holed up in. I want to think this series has a heartwarming ending where the walkers turn back into humans, and there's a reunion. (I also maintain Carl didn't shoot his mother.)

Remember the series started out with the older black guy and his son dealing with the wife/mother roaming around outside the house they were holed up in. I want to think this series has a heartwarming ending where the walkers turn back into humans, and there's a reunion. (I also maintain Carl didn't shoot his mother.)

Are you watching the show live or are you a couple seasons behind?  Because there is some stuff you would know about this post...

My thoughts:

I don't think we need to tag all of that as spoilers.  The episode aired 5 days ago.  At this point, if someone is reading this thread they know exactly what happened.  Anyway, I'm pretty sure we've seen a walker or two in mid-meal stop and go after an approaching person.  They're apparently all about finding that next meal and will go after motion over an already dead body.  Then again, that might happen with a single walker, but when you've got 50+ piling up, they're not all going to be distracted.

As for celebrities, buno nailed it.  That would be perfect for Fear.  I think I mentioned it over on the Bills board, but I would have loved to see a zombie Kobe Bryant come out of that arena (whatever arena it was).

Are you watching the show live or are you a couple seasons behind?  Because there is some stuff you would know about this post...

I'm up to date. Am I forgetting something about the respective wives?

The idea for celebrity walkers is great. It got me to thinking that the walkers don't get quite enough attention. They're almost there as extras, devices to move the plot along. There have been zombie movies where they move faster, even run at great speeds, or have somewhat human characteristics. I'd like to see the walkers evolve or become more interesting. This show needs some kind of refresh. It's so formulaic. Are we going to be watching this same stuff in three years? It needs to wind down. I say the walkers start to become more human again. Resolu-she-own.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.