The Walking Dead

deluca67

Haven't watched it yet but I'm guessing by the flurry of activity in this thread, it was a yawner?

It was a good episode. A lot happened as they covered five different story lines. They closed some questions from the mid-season finale.

One thing that has always bugged me about this show, and which happened about 2 to 3 times last night...how can someone be quietly standing still in the woods and NOT hear a moaning/hissing/growling zombie shuffle up behind them before it reaches out and grabs them?

I know it's a minor point, and I know it's done to shock the audience, but it just drives me nuts. It's SO dumb, and it happens constantly.

/vent

One thing that has always bugged me about this show, and which happened about 2 to 3 times last night...how can someone be quietly standing still in the woods and NOT hear a moaning/hissing/growling zombie shuffle up behind them before it reaches out and grabs them?

I know it's a minor point, and I know it's done to shock the audience, but it just drives me nuts. It's SO dumb, and it happens constantly.

/vent

That's one of the biggest annoyances a lot of people have. Another big problem I have is when a walker gets both hands on a weak character and seems to hesitate to bite them. They need to do a better job making sure those scenarios aren't constantly happening. I always wondered why people say the Walking Dead is terrible in comparison to Breaking Bad, and then I watched Breaking Bad and how thorough they were. Watching Breaking Bad spoiled me, and I've kind of hated the Walking Dead since.

/vent

No, it's not a minor point. it's actually why last night was an awful hour of television.

This is the type of stuff that drove me away from the show in the first couple seasons. Nothing these people do makes sense in the universe that they live in.

- Beth (the pretty blonde girl -- is that her name?) thinks she hears a zombie coming. Instead of moving to the open space right in front of her (i.e. the road), she stands with her back turned to the woods behind her and stops looking around. She turns her back on the only direction a zombie could surprise her.

- General complain but similar to the Beth thing -- none of the characters really look around much when they're walking. If you're living in a world filled with ghouls for miles in all directions, you'd sorta have your head on a swivel, right? You'd be looking around constantly. No one is ever worried about zombies except for when they're going into a new building -- and even then there's always a no-name character willing to turn his back to a doorway with a zombie ready to pop out. I'm not a professional actor, but if I was I'd concentrate more on acting like I was worried about the terrifying world I live in versus just trying to look hot in a tank top while I strut around. (Or maybe just trying to look cool sells more action figures.)

- Glen is surrounded by zombies at the prison. He dons prison riot gear and pretty much just pushes his way through four dozen of them and then strolls out. How the F did these things take over the world again? Like the entire United States Military couldn't figure out the "wear body armor and push" strategy?

- Based on the Glen thing, why is anyone still going sleeveless in this show? Throw a leather jacket on so that they can't bite you.

It's hard to get into this show when nothing makes sense and the main characters are only marginally smarter than the zombies.

The bit with the guy trying to escape with two little girls and a baby was really good/tense but they couldn't really come up with a resolution beyond "Carol saved everyone off-screen."

I think the first two seasons were more about how dangerous the zombies are, and then it started to turn so that the viewers realized that once you figure out how to overcome the dead, you still have to fear the living just as much if not more. The living are a much more dangerous foe in the world they live in if you think about it.

I love the show. I think there are some little nuances that are annoying, but a lot of them I can put aside.

The bit with the guy trying to escape with two little girls and a baby was really good/tense but they couldn't really come up with a resolution beyond "Carol saved everyone off-screen."

I really wish they had let it play out a little bit longer because it really looked like the crazy girl was going to smother the baby.

Ditto to a lot of the comments. I know realistically they can't kill off major characters all the time, but something Deluca said early on attracted me to the show: don't get attached to any character. Yet, it seems like the regulars just keep inexplicably lucking out, while the bit characters get eaten alive. I was dismayed by two developments in this episode: another "safe haven" where there are probably warm apple pies cooling on window sills and little girls playing hopscotch and — yay! — more fellow human villains. The show didn't go down this road once before, did it?

Edited by PASabreFan

No, it's not a minor point. it's actually why last night was an awful hour of television.

This is the type of stuff that drove me away from the show in the first couple seasons. Nothing these people do makes sense in the universe that they live in.

- Beth (the pretty blonde girl -- is that her name?) thinks she hears a zombie coming. Instead of moving to the open space right in front of her (i.e. the road), she stands with her back turned to the woods behind her and stops looking around. She turns her back on the only direction a zombie could surprise her.

- General complain but similar to the Beth thing -- none of the characters really look around much when they're walking. If you're living in a world filled with ghouls for miles in all directions, you'd sorta have your head on a swivel, right? You'd be looking around constantly. No one is ever worried about zombies except for when they're going into a new building -- and even then there's always a no-name character willing to turn his back to a doorway with a zombie ready to pop out. I'm not a professional actor, but if I was I'd concentrate more on acting like I was worried about the terrifying world I live in versus just trying to look hot in a tank top while I strut around. (Or maybe just trying to look cool sells more action figures.)

- Glen is surrounded by zombies at the prison. He dons prison riot gear and pretty much just pushes his way through four dozen of them and then strolls out. How the F did these things take over the world again? Like the entire United States Military couldn't figure out the "wear body armor and push" strategy?

- Based on the Glen thing, why is anyone still going sleeveless in this show? Throw a leather jacket on so that they can't bite you.

It's hard to get into this show when nothing makes sense and the main characters are only marginally smarter than the zombies.

Rick shoulda taken the gang to B-lo,...walkers can't walk when it's freezing out.

I was okay with this week.

About the only thing that amazes me is that Judith has an endless supply of formula and diapers. Oh and Daryl never runs out of arrows.

He yanks 'em all out. And they come right out, of course.

It bugs me that every shot is a head shot, even the freaked out girl who didn't fire her gun at the prison — on the run, head shot. During the prison battle, of course, no one could hit a broad side of a barn from five paces!

Anyone read the comics ? On talking dead they mentioned we're at about issue 58 or so in the comics and there are around 150 of them. They also mentioned a character from the comics that is so evil that they're not sure if he is transferable to the small screen as a character. Anyone have any insight into this character from the books ?

I Disagree. At This Point The Cause Of The Virus Is Entirely Irrelevant. Need To Find A Way To Survive Well Enough To Actually Be Able To Reform A FunctionNing Civilization Of Some Sort. Btw I Hate Typing On A Phone.

I totally disagree,I think it would add an additional and much needed plotline. Just having them run around post apocalyptic southern georgia dodging one catastrophie after another will get old very quickly. Case in point, last season. As soon as the governor was on break or out of the picture, BAM! Epic boredom! And I hate posting on the phone too, for whatever reason I cannot reply to posts on my computer so I am relegated to replying on the phone, which sucks donkey b@ll$

I get all the complaining about the inconsistencies, but when you're watching a show about a zombie apocalypse it might be a little bit ok if things don't quite match up with reality all the time.

But half the fun of watching a good tv show is thinking about and guessing what might happen next. You need to rely on rules that have been followed in the past in order to have a framework of what might be to come. If they are inconsistent with the rules of that universe there's no way to have an investment in wondering about where he plot might go next.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.