The Walking Dead

deluca67

"No Tyrese, she's my dog, I've gotta put her down. Just think of the rabbits Lizzie..."

I know I'm crossing a couple literature lines, but still. Had to happen. I yelled "what the ######?" when they came back and found the little one dead and lizzie covered in blood. Psychopath.

SPOILERS COMING SPOILERS COMING

This whole episode was a clear nod to Of Mice and Men as people pointed out earlier. The way she was put down. "Look at the flowers..." The fact that she was feeding mice to the walkers is a nod to the title.

Judith was fine and on Tyrese's back

Yeap. They talked about it on the Talking Dead. Ya know, that ###### thing they do ads for in the middle of the show to completely take you out of the experience of the show and remind you that it's all a story.

SPOILERS COMING SPOILERS COMING

This whole episode was a clear nod to Of Mice and Men as people pointed out earlier. The way she was put down. "Look at the flowers..." The fact that she was feeding mice to the walkers is a nod to the title.

Yeap. They talked about it on the Talking Dead. Ya know, that ###### thing they do ads for in the middle of the show to completely take you out of the experience of the show and remind you that it's all a story.

The song playing in the opening scene reminded me of Fallout 3.

One week after probably their best episode ever, TWD went right back to total crap tonight.

1. Is Eugene basically Rain Man in the comics too or is that a TV show thing? It just comes off cheesy and I don't understand the other characters actually following him.

2. The arrival at Terminus could have had a ton of tension except they picked an incredibly dopey song to play over the whole sequence.

3. Is there anything about Glen that isn't ridiculous by now? His crazy sprint to start the show made me roll my eyes. His decision to enter a tunnel full of zombies made no sense. And he now regularly somehow survives situations he really shouldn't.

1. Is Eugene basically Rain Man in the comics too or is that a TV show thing? It just comes off cheesy and I don't understand the other characters actually following him.

I keep waiting for someone to call him on his ###### but I guess it's going to have to be Rick. I'm not listening to anyone with a mullet say anything to me other than "you want fries with that".

I feel kinda slow... I didn't make the connection until this episode that the guys who found Daryl are the ones that were "confronted" by Rick.

Me too. It didn't occur to me until he said something like, 'only one guy saw him'.. Lightbulbs went off.

Me too. It didn't occur to me until he said something like, 'only one guy saw him'.. Lightbulbs went off.

I had a hunch but wasn't sure until they said it. Also, are we going to have to wait a half of a season to find out where Beth is?! please god not another Sophia half season! oy!

Really interested to see what happens with the Daryl situation with them tracking Rick, Michonne, and Carl.

So, is this better than Breaking Bad?

This thread has many more pages.

Not even kind of close. I think Walking Dead actually sucks, a lot, now, but I just keep going because I don't like just stopping in the middle of a show.

I'm pretty sure Daryl isn't going to allow that band of merry men to get anywhere near Terminus. My nephew texted me that he thought the Wal Mart greeter at Terminus was a bit off. Anyone else think there's something up there? And why in hell were the two gates left open like that?

Come on man, it's the apocalypse. I think Hershel could have bagged some old hotties if he hadn't lost his head.

That part doesn't bother me. Pretty much every schlubby dude or nerdy guy on TV has a ridiculously attractive girl on his arm. And, like you said, you'd expect some random hook-ups in the apocalypse anyway.

It's more about how insanely shallow their relationship is, and how the two actors have no chemistry at all together. If each of them didn't regularly declare "I LOVE my wife!" or "I LOVE my husband!", you wouldn't get that from them. It's like the writers have no idea how to portray two adults in love so they just keep having the two characters declare their love for each other in expository dialogue. Do the writers have no actual relationships to draw from? Have these people ever been in love? Because they sorta use "LOVE" as a magic rationale to get the characters to do ANYTHING.

Think of all the terrible decisions each of them made this season "because Love." They both separately decided to enter a pitch black tunnel in the middle of a zombie apocalypse because it might help them find the other one. Completely inexplicable in Maggie's case and basically inexplicable in Glenn's case (yes, he knew she went down that tunnel but now it's clearly completely full of zombies so she's probably not still in there waiting for him). Earlier in the episode, Glenn decided to sprint away from his group for no reason. When Sasha found Maggie a few episodes ago, she was sleeping by herself in the street in an abandoned town, waiting to be attacked I guess. WTF?

At this point you could summarize both characters as follows: "Glenn/Maggie is married to Maggie/Glenn and makes terrible decisions because of this." On a better show, this level of co-dependence would just get them killed instead of reuniting them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.