The Walking Dead

deluca67

Now that was a slow one but in case anyone never noticed there's a budding romance happening between redneck Darrell and sweet as punch dead farmers daughter. Maggies gonna be pissed.

As will Carol.

Edited by bunomatic

That episode sucks. One of my roommates has picked up, as many others have, that whenever a character has a touching monologue with someone else then one of them dies shortly after. We'll see who dies next.

I hope youre right. Too many invulnerables in this zombie apocalypse. Michonne, rick, carl, darryl, carol ....come on... kill one of them off already.

I hope youre right. Too many invulnerables in this zombie apocalypse. Michonne, rick, carl, darryl, carol ....come on... kill one of them off already.

Well they do have to keep some type of cast together. I get the idea of wanting to kill everybody off, but they need to main core because they're the entire point of the show.

It depends on how long they want the show to go on. If they want to continue boring ###### like what they've done recently to pump out 10 seasons then they can't kill them. Safe and boring but lasting.

If they want to cut it off in a couple more seasons then they can afford to kill a few off now.

Edited by Tankalicious

Well they do have to keep some type of cast together. I get the idea of wanting to kill everybody off, but they need to main core because they're the entire point of the show.

It depends on how long they want the show to go on. If they want to continue boring ###### like what they've done recently to pump out 10 seasons then they can't kill them. Safe and boring but lasting.

If they want to cut it off in a couple more seasons then they can afford to kill a few off now.

I get the feeling this wish of yours to kill some of the central characters off is a metaphorical manifestation born from the long repressed fulfillment of killing off Darcy's beloved "core". The Sabres and the Walking Dead...a couple of peas in a pod, and we keep tuning in.

Edited by phil_soisson

I get the feeling this wish of yours to kill some of the central characters off is a metaphorical manifestation born from the long repressed fulfillment of killing off Darcy's beloved "core". The Sabres and the Walking Dead...a couple of peas in a pod.

Oh, you stole it right out from under me! Damn you Phil Soisson.

Willing to bet that the random drunk black guy dies in that episode.

I'm not sure whether or not mentioning the preview for next week counts as spoilers or not, but I'll just mention ahead of time that I'm talking about them.

Apparently the title of the episode is "Alone". That has me thinking that maybe BOTH Bob and Sasha could wind up dead, leaving Maggie all by herself. That would definitely get the "this show is racist!" fools' blood boiling. That or one of Daryl/Beth dies since they were shown too. I doubt that though as this one pretty much has to focus mostly Maggie's group. That image of them fighting off walkers in the middle of a foggy forest was pretty cool.

I dunno who took Beth, but d4rk's car review guy could have a field day with that boat that sped off.

Anyone else get the feeling that this whole season is going to be one long holding pattern/character development exercise? They're just going in circles. I wonder if the ratings bonanza surprised the producers and they're basically stallings things to get one more season of milk out of the cow?

I dunno who took Beth, but d4rk's car review guy could have a field day with that boat that sped off.

Anyone else get the feeling that this whole season is going to be one long holding pattern/character development exercise? They're just going in circles. I wonder if the ratings bonanza surprised the producers and they're basically stallings things to get one more season of milk out of the cow?

it's character development in the sense that they all need to re-learn surviving outside the comfort and protection of a sanctuary. Next season, they'll be at Terminus I'm guessing, at least to start off?

It's at least been interesting in my opinion. I don't follow the graphic novels (yet), but I've heard they are starting to follow that storyline more and more?

They kind of need to grow the characters a bit though if they are going to stick around. Has anyone still alive been given any type of background other than Rick and Carl? A few of these people are probably going to survive for a little while, so it can't really hurt to know a bit more about the Sashas and Bobs of the world. Daryl really didn't need it though. Being the shows resident badass is all the character he needs.

What really hurts the show more than anything is the cable schedule with these 8 episode blocks. They could easily have so many more episodes to really bulk up these characters.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.