Kennedy Placed on Waivers (old Arbitration thread)

tom webster

What is this nonsense about calling Kennedy a "smallish forward"?

If I recall correctly, he was THE ONLY Sabre to play a consistent feisty, physical game throughout the season. The kid got his nose dirty, went into the corners, paid the price in front of the net. He did EVERYTHING to prove his worth to this organization.

You simply CANNOT DEFEND this action by the Sabres. There's no sensible way.

The Sabres wanted to sign him at 700K. He was awarded 300K more. That's worth dumping him? Really? 300K? The price they're going to have to fork over to buy him out?

No.

Now the Sabres blew 300K. For that price, they could have had a promising young forward, or have nothing.

They choose the freaking latter.

:wallbash:

Agree 100%!

Ok, so he cleared waivers, no what happens to him?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the organization did a 180(due to the lack of popularity with this move), and decided not to buyout Kennedy as has been rumored.

Nothing surprises me when it comes to the 3 stooges(OSP, LQ & DR).

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the organization did a 180(due to the lack of popularity with this move), and decided not to buyout Kennedy as has been rumored.

Nothing surprises me when it comes to the 3 stooges(OSP, LQ & DR).

That would be even worse. They need to make moves because they think they are the right ones, not because of what the fans think. That's the one thing I did like about this whole thing, that being a local kid did not get in the way of them making their decision.

That would be even worse. They need to make moves because they think they are the right ones, not because of what the fans think. That's the one thing I did like about this whole thing, that being a local kid did not get in the way of them making their decision.

They also need to makes moves based on hockey talent and NOT based on being petty and vindictive because they were taken to arbitration.

This is the only bargaining chip he had.. and he used it.

Sure the kid is from Buffalo and I feel sorry for him, but this is business. His agent wanted to play hard ball and Tim came out the loser. Would anyone care if this was Gerbe? I swear more people are upset because he's from Buffalo and aren't thinking about the on-ice product.

Agreed.

They also need to makes moves based on hockey talent and NOT based on being petty and vindictive because they were taken to arbitration.

How do you explain him clearing waivers then? Doesn't this say they accurately assessed his value and were not "vindictive"?

Archived