Kennedy Placed on Waivers (old Arbitration thread)

tom webster

I couldn't take this Jim Rome guy anymore, I'll listen to the presser later. 10 minutes of that guy and I'm puking all over the place.

+1. WGR should give US money for having to listen to this instead of Marcy stuttering.

I agree with this a lot. However, I'm not mad about the Sabres not agreeing that Kennedy is worth $1M, I'm mad that they apparently think Connolly and Stafford ARE worth the money, and Kennedy is not. THAT is an absolute joke and is the question that Marcy needs to answer. Over Budget? Who cares, Marcy? Tell us WHY Connolly and Stafford are worth the money, and this kid is not!!!

well said

I agree with this a lot. However, I'm not mad about the Sabres not agreeing that Kennedy is worth $1M, I'm mad that they apparently think Connolly and Stafford ARE worth the money, and Kennedy is not. THAT is an absolute joke and is the question that Marcy needs to answer. Over Budget? Who cares, Marcy? Tell us WHY Connolly and Stafford are worth the money, and this kid is not!!!

Darcy took a lot of heat for the Connolly contract when it was first signed. Personally I like Connolly (as everyone here probably knows), but all opinions aside, there's no way Regier would get rid of Connolly and essentially admit being wrong about making that deal. At least if Timmy finishes out his two year contract Regier can look at it and tell himself (and the media) that it was a successful signing, statistics wise.

As for Stafford -- who knows? That's all I can really say to sum up this whole situation... who knows.

:worthy:

Darcy took a lot of heat for the Connolly contract when it was first signed. Personally I like Connolly (as everyone here probably knows), but all opinions aside, there's no way Regier would get rid of Connolly and essentially admit being wrong about making that deal. At least if Timmy finishes out his two year contract Regier can look at it and call it a successful signing, statistics wise.

As for Stafford -- who knows? That's all I can really say to sum up this whole situation... who knows.

FUBAR sounds about right to me.

Thanks for providing this. I can't even believe what I'm hearing. He thanked management for their generosity with payroll? :blink: OMG. Please someone, get me some oxygen. I don't think I can stop laughing.

And listening to the whole press conference, Marcy clearly IS saying that Stafford and Connolly are worth the money, and Kennedy isn't. Why couldn't one of these morons at the Presser ASK this OBVIOUS friggin' question?????

Sounds like Darcy was planning to send Kennedy down to Portland this year if he got him signed to that 2 way deal.

Which honestly, I think Timmy could have used another season in the AHL. So I guess it's understandable why Darcy wouldn't have wanted to pay him $1 Mil. a year when he was looking for a 2-way in the first place.

And listening to the whole press conference, Marcy clearly IS saying that Stafford and Connolly are worth the money, and Kennedy isn't. Why couldn't one of these morons at the Presser ASK this OBVIOUS friggin' question?????

Perhaps Darcy doesn't so much feel Stafford and Connolly are worth the money they are being paid, as not worth the cap hit that waiving them would cost. Yes, you can point out that they have cap room, but would *YOU* sell your car and still make payments on it or keep the car until it's paid off and then get rid of it? There's a different cost scale involved with Connolly and Stafford.

Oh, and there's a 'D' in Darcy. Calling people names is playground ######.

Sounds to me like Golisano and Quinn have handicapped the sabres to about 9 million below the NHL cap.

But according to Marcy "we're quite a bit higher than we were a year ago at this same time" (payroll). Does anyone have the ability to challenge that assertion (knowledge of payroll in August 2009 vs. August 2010)?

Perhaps Darcy doesn't so much feel Stafford and Connolly are worth the money they are being paid, as not worth the cap hit that waiving them would cost. Yes, you can point out that they have cap room, but would *YOU* sell your car and still make payments on it or keep the car until it's paid off and then get rid of it? There's a different cost scale involved with Connolly and Stafford.

And riding a silver bike, dressed all in black, with a red helmet screams "my daddy didn't love me and my mommy dressed me until I was 15." Name calling is fun and in this case much deserved.

1) "Projected Cap". Clever use of projected twice in that conversation. You have to wonder if the current $ is the "projected" cap or if some move they're going to make (after some of the teams start shedding players to make the cap) will then put them at the "projected cap".

2) Sounds to me like they want 21 player roster. With Shaone they be at 22. With Kennedy it would've been 23.

3) The one way deal had a lot to do with it. Business and relating to #2 wise, better to have an Ennis on a two way than a Kennedy on a one way.

4) Lindy likes Ennis better. 9 points in 10 games and 4 pts in 6 playoffs. How can u not play that?

5) DR doesn't blame the arbitrator or Kennedy for what happened.

And riding a silver bike, dressed all in black, with a red helmet screams "my daddy didn't love me and my mommy dressed me until I was 15." Name calling is fun and in this case much deserved.

Isn't Darcy pretty much a woman's name, anyway?

I think I have a right to be angry, given the $200,000+ I have spent on season tickets over the years and how completely mismanaged this team obviously is. I'll calm down eventually.

Your "cap hit" point is a good one, though, even though I don't believe it anywhere near justifies the lunacy of letting a player go that "The GM" even said is a "good player" while keeping all sorts of dead weight on the roster.

I cant believe I listened to the whole PC.

Darcy's continued mention of the internal cap/ budget is the most aggravating.

Losing a home-grown talent is equally disapointing as well.

I have grown increasingly aggravated at the mamby-pamby press that do not take either Buffalo team to task in any way.

It is like a kiss & suck-ass festival. Nobody asks a tough question or probes into an issue at all (including the News).

Jerry Sullivan is the poster-boy for this flacid journalism.

He talks all tough on his radio stints, but comes up like a chump in any Bills or Sabres presser.

Disapointing.

It is probably harder to not cross a line than it would seem, but...There is just no bite.

It must be a fear of retribution.

I dont know.

Archived