Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

There's actually 3 of them, but the girl who scored both goals in the gold medal game against the US is the big one. I've never cared much for women's hockey, thanks mostly to the fact that BU doesn't really bother to advertise for it at all, but this might be enough to get me to go.

Personally, I don't think they'll really care.

She has three of them? Wow. Put her in goal.

I think the media attention leading up the first game, and the Kennedy side story, will generate enough interest to make some kind of response in the arena likely.

Hopefully a two-way deal this time around. I could see him getting the 13th forward slot instead of Gerbe though.

Same here. I like the signing because I do like Ellis on a short term need, i just don't think he's tough enough to be a regular in the lineup. I love what he does but for the right team and i don't feel thats a great fit here. I hope Cody McCormick gets the fourth line ahead of him and then it will be interesting to see what happens between Ellis and Gerbe for the last spot.

I think Kennedy is the one who had it shoved in his face when the best he could do was a 550k contract. I would guess the helmet he wears this year will be several sizes smaller.

Actually, he will be getting paid more cash this year than if he signed the deal the Sabres offered him.....and has a 1 way contract.

If he sucks....he would have only had 1 more year on his deal to "steal" anyway.

The kid is going to play with a chip on his shoulder. It should be fun to watch.

Actually, he will be getting paid more cash this year than if he signed the deal the Sabres offered him.....and has a 1 way contract.

If he sucks....he would have only had 1 more year on his deal to "steal" anyway.

The kid is going to play with a chip on his shoulder. It should be fun to watch.

No one knows for sure what the Sabres offered, but the only reason the money he gets this year will be anything near what the Sabres offered is because the franchise that reuses those plastic soda cups everyone leaves in the stands saw fit to buy him out.

He should play with desperation, because his hockey future is riding on what he does this year, but a chip on his shoulder? I would think that would be reserved for a player that could get a team to pay him more than the league minimum.

Archived