Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

In a slight update to someone we talked about earlier in the summer, TSN has a story up saying that Sheldon Souray is not going to show up for training camp in Edmonton. I'd imagine that he'll eventually wind up on re-entry waivers and that will be the only way they get rid of him.

In a slight update to someone we talked about earlier in the summer, TSN has a story up saying that Sheldon Souray is not going to show up for training camp in Edmonton. I'd imagine that he'll eventually wind up on re-entry waivers and that will be the only way they get rid of him.

The actual story is that the Oilers don't want him there. That's a kick in the gut eh?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=537399&cmpid=rss-News

The actual story is that the Oilers don't want him there. That's a kick in the gut eh?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=537399&cmpid=rss-News

While i've never believed in the term "showcasing" a player for potential trades, which i think is one of the dumbest sayings in all of sports, but, i got to think that when trying to trade a guy, it's easier to trade him when he's on the ice rather then not. But, i do see what they are saying, they have a team full of young positive players and he's a negative. They don't want him anywhere near the future of the club.

While i've never believed in the term "showcasing" a player for potential trades, which i think is one of the dumbest sayings in all of sports, but, i got to think that when trying to trade a guy, it's easier to trade him when he's on the ice rather then not. But, i do see what they are saying, they have a team full of young positive players and he's a negative. They don't want him anywhere near the future of the club.

Edmonton in a bit of a pickle with him eh? He still has 2 more years on his contract, they can't buy him out until next June, and if they do at that time he still leaves a cap hit skid mark of 2.4 million in 2011 and 1.5 million in 2012.

It's obvious now that Ryan was way out of our league with that salary. Marcy's looking for someone with a permanent limp at the end of an illustrious career at a fraction of that price.

For the 800th time, Darcy's already a girl's name, so calling him Marcy is redundant. And since Anahiem signed him for that much, Buffalo probably would have had to offer at least 2 million more per year before the Ducks would even consider not matching it. Hell, not one of the other 28 teams in the league made a play for him either. I guess that means we have to come up with a female version of each of their GMs names too. I'll start: Gertrude Snow.

You commented on my post and missed the point all together Shrader. I was making a point about Darcys ability to aquire players in their prime,much like Ryan.Hence the comment about players being at the end of their careers. So to you I say"Spot on logic as usual Shrader" :nana:

You commented on my post and missed the point all together Shrader. I was making a point about Darcys ability to aquire players in their prime,much like Ryan.Hence the comment about players being at the end of their careers. So to you I say"Spot on logic as usual Shrader" :nana:

Or you just wanted to take another random shot at Darcy which had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, Bobby Ryan. Call it what you want, that's fine.

Archived