GRIER RE-SIGNED

woolley

Good signing. Nothing to get that excited about from where I sit.

He could be a bellwether though. What if he's convinced the team will contend next season or has been convinced changes will be made to contend next season? Then again, maybe he just doesn't want to move again.

He could be a bellwether though. What if he's convinced the team will contend next season or has been convinced changes will be made to contend next season? Then again, maybe he just doesn't want to move again.

My thoughts exactly PA.

I believe Darcy sat down with him and may have indicated some off season moves that are coming.

Then end of the playoffs can't come soon enough for me. I am looking forward to some serious moves this off season.

The optimist in me says he should be a good bellwether who is confident the team will move in the right direction.

The pessimist in me asks if, at age 35, he has enough left in the tank for another solid season.

I'm trying to be optimistic. Excuse me while I refill my glass of beer.

I guess It's better to be a bellwether, than a bedwetter.

My thoughts exactly PA.

I believe Darcy sat down with him and may have indicated some off season moves that are coming.

Then end of the playoffs can't come soon enough for me. I am looking forward to some serious moves this off season.

So, you mean Regier sat there for five minutes staring at Grier saying nothing?

This is nothing more than Grier securing another paycheck before he hangs them up.

Holy shiat, there was a tint of optimism in there.

I'm very happy that Mike Grier will be wearing the original crest nest year.

EDIT: his rating (not MY rating, the average) in the completely non-scientific poll suggests that most folks will be happy with it, too, and don't see it as a desperate man grabbing a contract.

My guess is he did'nt want to shell out the money for the new jersey that Quinns going to roll out so he figured instead of bucking up like all the other lemmings he'd get a free one.I don't mind this signing though.He's a good soldier and a great penalty killer.

This is a good signing. He's a good penalty killer and a very gritty player who brings a lot of leadership. It's a win-win situation for both sides as I don't see Grier getting great money on the open market and he's a very valuable member of this team.

This by no means indicates anything to me about the direction of the team for next year besides the fact that Mike Grier will be back. I do not read any more or less into this than Grier is staying in Buffalo for another year, and I believe this has little to no impact on what happens to rest of the roster. If things change, it's not because Grier was re-signed, and if things don't change, it's not because Grier was re-signed.

Loved it last year and I love it even more this year. He obviously sees a true chance of winning here and hopefully that means a little more than tweaks are on the way....

This team needs as much leadership as it can get and keeping him around hopefully means they will only add more to what they had.

and why exactly do you believe this?.........or is it wishful thinking?

My thoughts exactly PA.

The Sabres have a "war room?" Is that the one with the life size Tim Connolly poster and a broken fax machine?

A big wall size poster of all the UFA's they throw darts at? But the darts have no tips and none of them stick?

I, for one, am happy that they re-signed him. I think he's got enough gas left in him. He's producing at the same average pace he has over his career. He was the only skater to really show up in the playoffs. I would have liked to see a couple of years which I think he's got left in the tank. I also think he would be able to find a place on another team if he wanted so I don't think it's a paycheck thing. I think he likes it here and, wishing on a star, will makes some changes in the off-season to push us forward.

"If wishes were fishes, beggars would fly."

Was there not a bit of a wall hit during the second half, before the solid playoff showing? Or am I just imagining things again?

And if this postseason has taught us anything, it's that the regular season means absolutely nothing.

Archived